[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audi TTS or Porsche Cayman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image_resize.jpg (55 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
image_resize.jpg
55 KB, 620x413
Long story short, I got T-boned and my car was totaled; based Amica gave me $32k to replace it. I have just under 3 years left of grad school before I move back to Chicago and no longer need a car, so I figured "fuck it, I'll lease a fun car and enjoy it while I'm here."

Based on lease options and quotes, I've narrowed it down to the Audi TTS and base Porsche Cayman. The Porsche had better handling, but the Audi was quicker off the line and will cost less.

Which would you pick? Both have nice interiors, are fun as fuck to drive, and both dealerships will do full maintenance during the lease term.
>>
>>14657679
>t-boned
>your insurance paid out
Learn to drive before you get another car.
>>
>>14657691
Not my fault some drunk hick in a pickup ran a red light and shifted my engine block 8 inches.
>>
>>14657679
Wrong wheel drive or right wheel drive. The choice should be obvious.
>>
>>14657701
It's your fault you claimed it on your insurance.
>>
>>14657715
>being this bitter/butthurt that I used what my insurance company is there for and got cash without raising my rate

>>14657702
That's what I figured, Audi's Quattro AWD is pretty slick.
>>
>>14657742
No faggot. Rwd > awd
>>
>>14657679
Consider the depreciation on each of these. The TT will depreciate considerably faster than the 981. The Porsche is the better choice.

Due to the changes in the 718 Cayman and Boxster being turbocharged, a manual base cayman will hold value better than a boxster or TTS.
>>
>>14657742
>Transverse
>Quattro
No. That fuckin' shit ain't quattro.
>>
Get the Cayman, OP. Audi TT is gay as fuck.
>>
>>14657810
He wants to lease.
>>
>>14657679

Get the Porsche. Audis are nothing special and don't win you cool points in any circle.
>>
Save up a little more so you don't have to be seen in a TTT or a Gayman if the badge is so important to you.
>>
>>14659134

Shop around for a Boxster lease.
Since the 718 is coming, there will be some 981's in dealer inventory they'll want to move.

Boxster fits your fun criteria, and you won't track it because it's leased, so no need to make it a coupe.

TT is ok as a sporty car, but it's not sports car. Maybe look at a GTI with S package, VW dealers are hurting bad right now.
>>
File: 2728346Audi_TTS_front_20100926.jpg (3 MB, 2374x1250) Image search: [Google]
2728346Audi_TTS_front_20100926.jpg
3 MB, 2374x1250
>>14657679

Personally I think the audi looks a little bit more exotic so I would probably go for the tt
>>
>>14657715
what?

He used his insurance for it's intended purpose you tard.
>>
Honestly OP, I would take that money and do something more productive with it. Do you have student loans?

Spend 6-8k of it on a fun shitbox and use the rest to pay whatever you need off. Debt is no fun.
>>
>>14657691
Maybe you should consider not projecting your failure on others.
>>
>>14660890
This isn't a finance board it's a car board. If he wants to get a nice car let him.
>>
Have you thought of any japanese manufacturers?

Mazda MX-5 would be fun to drive around with the top down. WRX/STI/EVO would be practical and fun. Nissan 370Z would be pretty cool. Maybe even a GTR if you can stretch your funds. Lexus IS, GS, LS would be comfortable as hell. Infiniti would be similar.

Not sure on the leasing options for these vehicles, but just something i'd look into because i prefer japanese over euro cars.

to each their own.
>>
>>14657679
Get the Cayman, there is no competition
The TT is just a fancy Golf, and is't even as practical as the Cayman since the Porsche has 2 trunks
>>
>>14660875
>Audi TT
>Exotic
>>
Neither of them are amazing. The TT is a little disappointing and arabs like Audis.

At least with a Porsche you can get pussy easier.
>>
>>14661465
>have you looked at what I like?

m8 he's getting himself a car
not you
>>
lease a boxster or see if they have any older base panameras or 911's and lease that
you could also look a lt shelbys
maybe, and a big , a GTR
you could do a stingray, ZL1 camaro
lexus
lotus
base F-type
bmw 1 series M
>>
>>14661700
wow that has a lot of missing words, sorry
>>
>>14660890
I do not have student loans - full ride during my BS and my PhD's tuition is paid for by my university, plus I get a small stipend from my company.

In regards to the Boxster, I don't like convertibles and the lease deals here blow ass.

>>14661700
No Lotus dealers around here, the base F type costs too much (would buy but not lease), same with the GTR, lol BMW, lol Lexus, lol American cars that my students are driving.

Did a second test drive with both this morning. Going to pick up the Cayman tomorrow.
>>
>>14657679
Hmmm... either what some claim is the best all-round sports car of our time, or a sported up piece of MQB platform genericism.

Real hard choice ya got there, OP.
>>
>>14662099
>best all-around sports car of our time

lolwut
>>
>>14662082
Cayman is a great choice, you're gonna love it
>>
>>14657679
Literally just got a '14 Cayman myself.

Do eeeeet
>>
>>14657679
Hey look it's the Toronto Metro Zoo :)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.