[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Engine "Cleaners"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
How do you guys feel about engine cleaners like Sea Foam (there are others out there too).

Some people love it, some hate it. What's the deal?
>>
>seafoam

why not just ask spongebob himself to come over and jizz into your engine bay, faggot

your mother can have some of my seafoam
>>
>>14657095
God this board is fucking cancer
Sea Foam is some good stuff. I've used both the canister and spray can (goes in just before the TB) and found they do some real work on carbon deposits. It's not a one time fix all thing though. A spray canister and bottle will do the trick.

On my old Sable LS it was able to clean out my engine enough to clear a CEL for running lean on all banks.Cleared the code and it never came back.
>>
>>14657131
krusty jew Mr. Krabs. Quit trying to sell of your Fagfoam and go sell some krabby patties.

stupid sea creature
>>
>>14657131
Yeah, that's what I heard too. I know there are other good cleaners out there too. I got recommending one that's made in Canada (forgot the name) by my mechanic.

Is sea foam pretty much the best out there? I think there's some carbon deposits in my car. I wanna use it but IDK. I drive wrx 08.
>>
>>14657069
>>14657131

ChrisFix actually has a video series testing out various 'engine cleaners' and showing how well the perform. Most of them seem to do pretty okay. Here is the Seafoam spray video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6UeJXkzDW8
>>
>>14657069
DIE YOU FUCKING NIGGER
KEK KEK KEK
KEK KEK KEK
TUMBLRINA
>>
I throw in Seafoam into my car at meets and smoke the whole fucking place out.
>>
>>14657192
do you know if I can use that in cars with Turbo?
>>
I thought you put seafoam in the engine oil. Are they usually spray cans for the intake?
>>
>>14657069
i for one, believe in marvel mystery oil i use it on a lot of shit to be honest
>>
>>14657277
You can.
>>
>>14657320
Yeah, I'm using one right now that's supposed to clean out the carbon and they get caught in your filter.
>>
>>14657314
you put it in the fuel tank like you would gasoline
>>
>>14657320
do you put that in every time you change your oil?
>>
>>14657314
engine oil, gas, intake by drip system.

like previous anon said theirs an aerosol version now too.

i poured in a bottle in the gas tank of a z32 a year ago and it started up a week ago no problem. (other than rod knock)

it had premium chevron if that makes a difference.

>>14657337
threw it in a high mileage ka24e motor with fresh oil and when i cracked it open a while ago shit was worn you know but rather cleanish and oil is now a dark amber.

use it in gas too

>>14657345
i will but it was its first oil change and i was experimenting with it
>>
>>14657347
Nice. I wish I know what mine is called. My mechanic put it in. I trust him, so it's probably a fine product. But I wanna do research myself. I could have asked for the empty bottle
>>
>>14657069
Why would you need to seafoam? If you change the oil often enough the engine stays clean.
>>
>>14657465
generally, seafoam goes in the intake or the gas tank. I've mainly seen it advertised for cleaning carbon deposits - not something that your oil would ever touch in normal operation.
>>
I ran seaform through the injectors on old Mercedes diesels the night before I ran the overhead. Reduced nailing a bit. ATF worked almost as well, but I'd leave that in the injector bodies overnight since it wouldn't hurt the seals and burned just fine as fuel.

To clean the engine I'd just top off the oil with a quart of gasoline and give er an old fashioned Italian tune up.
>>
>>14657533
Well on port injection engines that's pretty much a non-issue, unless you've got super high mileage. If you have direct injection just install a catchcan to reduce carbon buildup
>>
File: tmyk.png (87 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.png
87 KB, 277x182
>>14657465

You don't.

Only an idiot would pay $8 for a what is essentially a bottle of isopropyl alcohol nd cheap hydrocarbons

http://www.sueschauls.com/Seafoam_motor_treatment.pdf

Also, did you notice what was the major component: Pale oil. And now guess what happens when you start dumping oil in the chambers on newer cars equipped with smog and emission components? Say goodbye to your catalytic converter!
>>
>>14657563
Exactly, it doesn't do much.
>>
>>14657320
I put something like that in my oil, should I change my oil sooner this time or will the filter catch the gunk?
>>
>>14657069
Water added into the intake does the same thing as seafoam faggots
>>
File: 011 - K3gKkK7.gif (431 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
011 - K3gKkK7.gif
431 KB, 640x360
>>14657277
a word of advice on seafoaming a turbo:
watch the fuck out.

had the RPM spike for just a moment, built just a little bit of boost, and began dieseling for like a solid 30 seconds.
>block intake
>finally starts to stall
>begins to fire in reverse as it burns all the fumes in the exhaust
>MFW building boost in the exhaust manifold
>MFW hot exhaust pouring out of my intake

Runs like new though, 9/10 experience
>>
File: dununderstand_raichu.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
dununderstand_raichu.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
>>14658874
wut
>>
>>14659107
don't use seafoam and injector cleaners on newer turbo cars or could be kill
>>
>>14657320
does the mystery oil just sit in your engine til your next oil change? I'm getting it slowly cleans out the engine
>>
>>14657192
>ChrisFix
>testing out 'engine cleaners'
He never tests plain water.
>>
>>14661390
>plain water.
>not distilled water
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.