[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think about Citroen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 21
Hey /o/,

I have always been that guy that passes a french car and says
>yuck

But in recent weeks I took a closer look at them.

Interior is everything but cheap and the amount of extras is very high for a nice price.
Also PSA is one of the big players in European automotive industry, so I guess they are doing something right.

Look at this picture and tell me: Would you, /o/?
>>
>>14654998
I would.

Citroën is comfy.

Comfy is good.
>>
>>14655034
>Citroën is comfy.

Right?!
I just sat in there at the dealership and I was amazed.
Everything is robust and does not feel like plastic at all. You get leather seats and everything for €25k. A similar Golf costs €35k+.

Glad that there are also other people who appreciate Citroen, tells me that I did not lose my mind.
>>
>C4
Probably would.
Cons: looks fat af, basically a rebadged 308
Pros: less shouty than the 308 which seems to be offered only with muh angry smoked headlights and muh silver-on-gloss-black rims
Comfy, big enough for everyday stuff, enough go power with the 1.6THP

Curently driving a Xantia, replacing it with a C5 Mk2 would be great but it's only got 85kkms and has been excellently maintained so it probably won't need replacing in the next 3-4 years.
>>
The people at the dealership were a bit less enthusiastic.
They were like
>meh, they are alright. all cars are alright nowadays. meh.
>>
>>14655049
>replacing it with a C5 Mk2
How many shekels?
Are you a full-pakage fetishist?
>>
>>14654998
I wouldn't c4 because it looks more like a peugeot than a peugeot

However I definitely would a DS5,I would the fuck out of a DS5

But yeah,PSA really has its shit together lately,the cars are qualitative
>>
America here, desu I wish we had these, I look at Peugeot, Citroen, Opel, and such, and I wish we had these cars. I hate all the huge SUV's and trucks we have around, we need more small engined hot hatches like your britbros have
>>
>>14655059
>I wouldn't c4 because it looks more like a peugeot than a peugeot
In that gray definitely.

>However I definitely would a DS5,I would the fuck out of a DS5
Seems luxurious. Don't you fear you might become a family dad kinda guy?
>>
>>14655073
to be honest* not desu....
>>
>>14655073
>Opel

You want the ones before GM took over. The new ones suck as far as we are talking about reliability.
Dirt cheap to repair tho
>>
>>
>>14655057
>How many shekels?
If you're asking about C5s, you can find them for 10-15k€ with very decent mileage and average petrol engine.
Got the Xantia for 2k€
>Are you a full-pakage fetishist?
I'm a comfy sedan fetishist. Nothing turns me on more than a subtle, unassuming car with room for 4 and geared to cruise in silence.
>>
>>14655080
as much as I would love Opel and other European car brand over here, we're never going to see them, which really is a shame
>>
>>14655093
>I'm a comfy sedan fetishist. Nothing turns me on more than a subtle, unassuming car with room for 4 and geared to cruise in silence.

I meant extras. Leather, infotainment, hands-free-phoning, heated seats and all that shit.

Glad that there are comfy cruisers here, thought everybody was vroomvroom V-tech here.
>>
>>14655049
>basically a rebadged 308
I drove neither of these, being a young poorfag shitbox enthusiast, so I can't be sure how C4 and 308 compare.

For the rest of their line-up though, I think PSA did a great job at giving Citroën and Peugeot very different flavours. On the same shared platforms, you're offered the choice between the zippy, more driving feels oriented Peugeot or the soft comfy Citroën. At least that's what I felt from 208 vs. C3 and 5008 vs. Picasso.

And I love driving mom's C8. That thing is ridiculously comfy while still behaving itself (body roll as fuck but still keeping its lines, enough torque to have fun when lightly loaded, speed bumps filtered so well I don't bother slowing down for them anymore)
>>
>>14655121
>C8
Yeah I drove a Peugeot 807 once, it had the 2.2HDi engine. This thing was in pretty bad shape (280kkm, electrical sliding doors having a mind on their own, only started at the 3rd turn of the key) but boy did it pull nicely. Lots of low and middle range torque.
>>
>>14655142
Pretty much the same here, 240k km, same engine, left side sliding door seceded from central locking and its anti pinching sensor is fucked and will regularly not allow the door to close, engine will sometimes decide to go NA (being slower than a semi on uphill highways ain't fun), may be solved by turning the car off and on again.
>>
>>14655077
Hello, newfriend!
>>
>>14654998
It's french. Which is the codeword for
>looks like crap
>cheap interior
>breaking will activate your windscreen wipers

might aswell buy a Dacia, at least they're cheap.
>>
>>14655205
>cheap interior
Really?
>>
File: op_a_fag.gif (3 MB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
op_a_fag.gif
3 MB, 375x250
>>14655205
How is it to be stuck in the last decade ?
>>
File: WP_20150922_17_27_12_Pro.jpg (400 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150922_17_27_12_Pro.jpg
400 KB, 1080x1920
>>14655205
>all frenchies are bad amiright youguys!!
yeah that's probably why they're selling millions of cars

modern ones don't even break any more than any other german car, and maintenance is half the cost
>>
>>14655045
I have a citroen and a volkswagen. Some of my friends have citroen, and i can tell you: citroen is not bad, but volkswagen, especially the confortline series, is comfier (hoping this wasn't a grammar error, in that case, sorry for that) and better.
What i would like to say is: Citroen is good, and volkswagen is better, BUT i don't think that my golf is worth THAT much more than the citroen counterpart, even if in citroen some parts of the interior are crap.
I had a renault clio too, would not buy again because of reliability.
>>
File: Peugeot_308.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Peugeot_308.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>14654998
I really want to like Citroen, but they just don't make anything interesting at the moment. It'll be interesting to see what they do with DS now it's its own brand, though.I'd be all over a warmed up DS5 with the 270bhp turbo 1.6 from the 308 gti and RCZ R.

I'm a big fan of what Peugeot's doing at the moment. Kinda wish they'd chosen to do a 308 gti estate, but no matter really. It's just a shame that Renaultsport seem to have eaten a batch of bad garlic about a year ago and decided to boycott manual gearboxes in a determination to appease some psychotic demon they're calling "The Mass Market".
>>
>>14655103

I was this close to say Buick but...why do I feel you are just baiting for that reply?
>>
>>14655427
I really like what Peugeot is doing at the moment too. My only grief with their newer interiors is the "touchscreen everything lmao" road they're going down.

I want buttons for my radio and AC. Not a fuckhuge fingerprints magnet that is bound to age badly.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (24 KB, 283x473) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
24 KB, 283x473
>>14655379
>yeah that's probably why they're selling millions of cars
you mean there are millions of idiots on this planet? no way.

A Citroen C5 from 2013 is about as reliable as the Dacia Logan from 2013.
>>
File: embarrassing.jpg (19 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.jpg
19 KB, 334x393
>>14655860
>as reliable as the Dacia Logan from 2013.
Which is one of the most reliable car of the market.
You should stop posting m8. You don't know a shit about cars.
>>
File: cher.jpg (25 KB, 495x365) Image search: [Google]
cher.jpg
25 KB, 495x365
>>14655860
This. >>14655906

>-2/10
nice "statistic" you got there pal. Post source, after that, neck yourself m8.

The c5 is reliable and a nice car. German carforums are overall pretty satisfied with the car.
So you should stop pullung stuff out of your whore mothers ass.
>>
>>14655080
Opels sucked all the time
>>
File: Citroen_DS6_001.jpg (115 KB, 1333x888) Image search: [Google]
Citroen_DS6_001.jpg
115 KB, 1333x888
PSA brands tier list
>top
Peugeot
>good
Citroen
>could be so much better
DS

Now, let me explain. I'm a bit of a Peugeot-fag, so I may be biased between that and Citroen. But even while acknowledging I'm biased, Peugeot has processed to a overhaul of most of their cars, while Citroen hasn't updated its cars (yet). As such, if I were to buy a new car I'd certainly more look toward Peugeot than Citroen. And now, DS. Holy shit, how can that be the supposed high-end, while none of the cars actually feel high-end ?
The DS3 is a nice car, especially the new one which I happened to see quite a lot at a preview event at La Défense ( http://defense-92.fr/animation-commercial/venez-decouvrir-la-nouvelle-ds3-performance-sur-la-place-de-la-defense-44489 , I'd fuck that matte black), but it's not a high-end car, only a high-end compact car. The DS4 is awkward. It's too big for a compact car, but too small for a "proper" car. And it has fatal flaws for a supposed high-end, such as impossibility of opening the rear windows. And finally, the DS5. Wasted as fuck. It's basically a big hatchback, and that's a shame. It should have been bigger to be a proper flagship car. It should have had hydraulic suspension (which the iconic DS had). And it's a fucking shame. It's a posh hatchback, and I'm sorry, no hatchback is ever the highest end. It's missing a big nice sedan, or a sports coupé. Pic related, what could have been (and won't be since DS6 is a fucking SUV for chinese market).
>>
>>14656549
They need a DS9 flagship.
>>
File: Citroen C3 light purple.jpg (278 KB, 1051x768) Image search: [Google]
Citroen C3 light purple.jpg
278 KB, 1051x768
Parents own a first gen C3, heritage from my paternal grandparents. It's the shit indeed, comfy seats, far more spacious than it looks on the outside, superb handling and really nice to take on roadtrips. I like the design tho, it feels like a crossover between the average four-door hatch and a beetle, and the result is something oddly unique and adorable. Of course. it's highly subjective, I know a lot of people think this particular generation looks really dull, but I don't mind it at all.

Reliability is pretty standard, parents had some issues with it throughout the years but nothing too major, it's still perfectly fine after more than a decade of ownership. Dad might be upgrading to a Bimmer soon, so this cheeky bugger will probably be passed on to me :9
>>
File: Citroën_C6.jpg (2 MB, 2048x998) Image search: [Google]
Citroën_C6.jpg
2 MB, 2048x998
>>14656549
>No hatchback is ever the highest end
>>
>>14657142
Actually, no that is a saloon after all. Ignore me, I'm an idiot.
>>
File: citroen-c6-l37.jpg (125 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
citroen-c6-l37.jpg
125 KB, 1024x680
>>14657142
>tfw turns out I'm not the only one who likes the C6
This goddamn thing is the most underrated executive sedan in existence.
>>
File: c6_4.jpg (202 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
c6_4.jpg
202 KB, 1024x680
>>
File: Citroën_C6_20090314_rear.jpg (2 MB, 2409x1245) Image search: [Google]
Citroën_C6_20090314_rear.jpg
2 MB, 2409x1245
>>14657188
Damn right. Would comfy/10
>>
File: citroen-activa-06.jpg (542 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
citroen-activa-06.jpg
542 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>14657267
>tfw no hydropneumatic suspension
>tfw no maximum comfy while still cornering FLAT
>>
File: citroen-activa-09.jpg (85 KB, 1024x550) Image search: [Google]
citroen-activa-09.jpg
85 KB, 1024x550
>>14657267
What a cocktease this must have been in the late eighties.
>>
>>14657188
It's French and looks fucking retarded which is a redundant statement.
>>
>>14657284
>>
>>14657142
I drove one of these for a day once and dear god, I've never been in something so comfy.
It glides you to your destination like a magic carpet rather than drives.
I'd really like to get one as a comfy cruiser but they're holding their price surprisingly well and finding them is a pain.
>>
desu
>>
>>14657340
Where are you from, anon? You can generally find well equipped pre-2010 models around most of Europe under 10k. I can imagine they're probably much rarer in the States though.
>>
File: Citroen-Xsara-Break-N2.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Citroen-Xsara-Break-N2.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
Still have one of these in my home since it was bought new 15 years ago.
Never had any major issues, apart from some electrical ones.
She's stopped right now though, I suspect it's either a clogged fuel filter or some issues with the injectors because the fuel pump doesn't even turn on.
>>
I'd rather take the bus than a french POS shitbox. There's literally no reason to buy these as there are infinitely better options for any french car. Hell, even fucking opel is a better choice
>>
>>14657459
>I'd rather take the bus
ye, because that's exactly what you do, regardless.
>>
>>14657458
Anon from >>14656855 here, my grandparents also had a Xsara before switching over to the C3. It was also in that quasi racing green like your pic, only it was the sedan version instead of a saloon - still a nice comfy bastard either way :3
>>
>>14657534
The one I have is blue though.
It drives and handles really really well.
It was the best handling car of its segment when it was launched.
I love the seating position and the gearbox. Shame it's having these issues but it's probably only the fuel filter. She's nearing the 100k mark and it was never changed.
>>
>be me
>looking through local Craigslist equivalent late at night
>decide to search for "Activa"
>find this

http://www.autowereld.nl/citroen/xantia/2-0i-turbo-ct-activa-12225962/details.html
>>
>>14658313
>279k kms
That's too much for a petrol engine.
>>
>>14658394

Those engines easily go for 400. They're understressed.

Problem for that car is the hydraulic suspension. It HAS to be properly maintained.

I had one. Only quirks they have is the cooling system, rather underdimensioned, but nothing proper maintenance doesn't prevent issues with.
>>
>>14658394
It's the cheapest one. There are two others, both V6, a red one at 260k and a dark blue one at 187k, advertised for €1750 and €2500 respectively.
I'm surprised at how affordable they are, even if they are quite rare.
>>
>>14657297
Looks like a Camaro and a 406 coupé phased together.
>>
>>14658443
Oh, okay then.

>>14658491
Only ones, with that suspension, I could find here are diesel ones and they go for >3k€.
>>
>>14658313
Don't do it, unless you can be absolutely SURE that the hydraulic components have been overhauled.

It's the only flaw in those cars really, the standard hydraulic suspensions is easy as piss to maintain and way less expensive than a standard suspensions with coils and shocks. The Hydractive is a bit less easy because of the electrical valves but still inexpensive to maintain. But the Activa NEEDS a complete overhaul every 120-150kkms.

What's more, the hydraulic components are really worn out on a car this old and with that much kms. Some parts aren't manufactured anymore so in the case of a leak you'll have to find the part in the scrap yard, which is easy on standard or hydractive cars but activas can be hard to find.
>>
>>14658443
The car from the ad has the 2.0 turbo, which is known to have a fragile turbo. N/a engines like the 1.8 16V, 2.0 16V or 3.0 V6 on the other hand are really under stressed and can reach 350-400kkms no problem.
>>
>>14655456
>My only grief with their newer interiors is the "touchscreen everything lmao" road they're going down.
I test drove a 2015 308 and a 208 GTI recently and I absolutely hated the 308s infotainment system and AC controls.

I liked the 208 better in every way.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/garagenormandie

>tfw you'll never date a qt3.14 that collects classic Citroëns

Why even bother with such an intrinsically valueless existence? ;_;
>>
Citroen never did anything for me but recently I've been in queue behind a Cactus and I must admit it looks good. I wonder how it handles, but nobody sells then around me
>>
>>14660522
I think the Cactus is a really good idea. A back-to-basics, light, efficient city car that looks unique and is pretty much all focused on practicality.
>>
File: catera-2.jpg (165 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
catera-2.jpg
165 KB, 1280x896
>>14656341

You take that back!
>>
>>14661949
Its a car for literal cucks, as its designed to let others bump their doors into your car without caring about damage.
>>
>>14664442
Being able to not give a fuck that other people hit your car sounds alpha as fuck to me.
>>
>>14664391
>caddy that zigs!
>>
>>14664442
Is your insecurity really worth a 700 bucks paint job? I don't think so
>>
>>14655205
>britbong detected
>>
Love the concave rear window on the c5..

They're a very understated and surprisingly refined for the price.

In saying that I wouldn't buy one.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.