[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The new NSX would have been better even if it was a lightweight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
The new NSX would have been better even if it was a lightweight all aluminium fwd car with just a (turbod?) v6. Instead its a heavy and pigfat hybrid.
>>
>>14650714

The new NSX would have been better if it was the old NSX.
>>
>>14650741
>he doesn`t want to see well performing fwd cars.
>>
>>14650761
>Limiting yourself to an objectively inferior platform just to appeal to benchracers in econoboxes so you sell more base model Civics
That's what the Type R is for.
>>
>>14650714
>fwd nxs

Kill yourself.

That said, new NSX is trash.
>>
>>14650781
>objectively inferior platform

opinions
>>
>>14650801
>Your facts end where my feelings begin
Tell me more about all of these FWD supercars.
>>
>>14650815

There were a few that could fit the bill in their time. Most car makers outside of those from France and Honda are too afraid to make interesting car tho.

>fwd is for econoboxes only.
>>
>FWD

I know supercars are tuned to understeer so rich plebs don't kill themselves, but building it into the design? Too far.
>>
>>14650859
So none, then.
>>
>>14650714
What of the NSX was RF? The ultimate bad decisions machine
>>
>>14650931
Absolutely guaranteed to understeer or oversteer into death at the slightest wrong move.
>>
>>14650906
>implyingnigng
>>
>>14650952

>Pigfat before it was hip

Holy shit France, no wonder you don't export your cars out of Europe.
>>
File: HONDA-HSC-2.jpg (301 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
HONDA-HSC-2.jpg
301 KB, 1600x1067
>>14650741
>all-aluminum frame with carbon fiber body panels
>2,500 lbs
>3.5-liter V6
>314 BHP@7500rpm
>>
>>14650969

Implying that's not the most beautiful car ever made
>>
File: ray-charles[1].jpg (355 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ray-charles[1].jpg
355 KB, 1600x1200
>>14651122
>Implying that's not the most beautiful car ever made
>>
File: Window Corner.jpg (209 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
Window Corner.jpg
209 KB, 2048x1356
>>14650714
>MFW Honda was going to make a N/A V10 and transversely mount it for the new NSX.
>Coming out of the depression car culture was rapidly changing
>Decided the NSX needed to be the face of honda
>Hybrid, Twin turboed v6

The real tragedy is if you watch the Jay Leno video , they have the Lead Body designer, and Lead Global manager of the project, and they talk about how they had to revamp the car. It hurts to watch. They say things like "We wanted the NSX to retain the timeless look"

"We want the NSX to exemplify what honda is about"

I will say this though. The NSX does use crazy designing and engineering. As much as I hate the car. What it looks like(Audi r8 clone much?), it's weight, and not using a V8, or bigger. The tech in it is cool.

Like the Air flowing through the Radiator, being recycled through the intakes etc, to reduce drag etc. It does use a efficient design for what it is.

Not to mention, a electric motor attached to the crank, that fills the torque, that can make the engine rev faster than it wants to, thus spooling the turbos faster so you're always in boost.

Even the Electric motors aren't so bad in the front. The real design flaws are that it's a "sports car."

I don't think anyone here would complain about the NSX, if it was a hybrid, and every driver that drove it around a track first thought was "I'm not ballsy enough to drive this car"

That's what the potential of this car was supposed to be, it's what they could make it with a few mods to the software. Reducing programmed understeer etc, if they gave it even more power.

The tech in this car, and thus the car means nothing unless everyone that drives, sits down in it, doesn't bitch about how the steering feels empty, and it understeers too much.

I think car manufactures are forgetting the reason why people like cars, why people like fast bikes.

Humans have an uncanny interest for conquering death. The faster you go, the closer you get the void.. And that's awesome.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.