[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calling all motorcycle enthusiasts, I need your opinion. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Calling all motorcycle enthusiasts, I need your opinion. I'm currently the proud owner of a 2001 Suzuki SV650s. Although the bike is great through the canyons here in SoCal I've noticed that on the highways I'm struggling. Now that I have about a years worth of street riding ( + a lifetime of dirt riding) I've decided to get a 1000cc. I want to find a bike that has a mixture of both a good bike for the canyons on weekends and a good highway commuter. So far I'm considering the following bikes.
04/05 Kawasaki ninja zx-10r
05 K5 GSXR 1000
These are the only two bikes that I have found that give the most preformance for a small price. If you know of any others similar please tell me.

Bonus: if you personally know how comfortable either of these bikes or any other bikes are for long distances. ( I'm 6 feet tall )

BONUS 2x: trips names my SV

Pic related, my SV
>>
>>14647487

>No front mudguard

>Not even a fork brace

>Useless bar end mirrors

>Cheap Chinese "Street Fighter" headlights

You should go and ask in /dbt/, you'll fit right in.
>>
>>14647518
Nice b8
>>
>>14647518

> picture was taken when Mud guard was off because of damage

>Didn't come stock and only an idiot would throw a fork brace on stock SV forks because they are worthless ( gsxr fork swaps are the only Thing worth a shit )

>The mirrors work just fine and so does my neck so turning my head isn't a big deal and should be done regardless for safety

> Aztec 4" dominator headlights, not cheap. Very good lights actually

Good try though
>>
Anyone who actually knows anything about bikes that doesn't consist of information from forums and YouTube videos?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 450x450
Bump
>>
I have a first gen fz1 which fits the bill perfectly. Cheap, comfy, and fast. They're about 3k usd used in pretty good shape. Test drive a first gen on Craigslist and you won't be disappointed.
>>
File: IMG_20160313_183554_899.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_183554_899.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>14647741
Also socal (951) btw so I feel those flat speed feels.

Pictured is my 03 fz1 in back
>>
>>14647487
I've had my K5/6 GSXR 1000 for about three years. I'm 187 tall and the bike fits me fine. A very good firend of mine has the 04 zx10, about your height. Both bikes are still massively powerful even compared to todays bikes, and we regularly show them our brake lights. But be warned these bikes are wild, no abs no tc no electronic bullshit. Epic bikes all round and have done a couple of 300km plus days with not much issues regarding comfort. Be very sure you are capable of handling them before you buy, the wind-up will get you into alot of trouble if you're not prepeared for it.
>>
bump, where the fuck is op
>>
>>14647538

>Forkbrace

>Worthless

What in the actual fuck am I reading? Even a shitty 250 cruiser benefits greatly from a decent forkbrace.
>>
>>14647926
>forkbraces

Is it 1970 again?
>>
>>14647926
Whats a fork brace do?
>>
File: Fite me.jpg (129 KB, 626x789) Image search: [Google]
Fite me.jpg
129 KB, 626x789
>>14647487
I commute on a highway just fine on a Ninja 250. Are the vibrations of your engine getting to you? Speed must not be an issue on an SV650. They're great bikes all around.
You say you want to commute on a bike. But you're considering a dedicated racing bike (the gixxer). Why would you ride a less comfortable motorcycle every
http://cycle-ergo.com/
On a 6' guy, your current bike leans you forward 15 degrees. On both of the other bikes, it's nearly 40 degrees.
That's gonna suck after a while. Consider a Katana 750 or another sport-standard.
>>
>>14647938

Ensures the left and right fork move up and down at the same rate, improves handling, reduces wear on the forks and seals, reduces twisting of the axle and forks and helps you spot nobike faggots like...

>>14647937
>>
>>14647937
This.
That shit is pointless.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.