[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone driven a Challenger? I've been looking at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: cars-dodge-challenger-19260.jpg (262 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
cars-dodge-challenger-19260.jpg
262 KB, 1600x1000
Has anyone driven a Challenger? I've been looking at the big three cruiser cars right now (Challenger, Mustang, Camaro) and really like the body style best on Challenger, but I've heard the handling isn't great and the visibility is poor -- rumor, though. Anyone have any experience they'd like to share?
>>
>>14647172
I've only driving the V6, but I didn't find visibility to be a problem, and as to handling it is very responsive for such a large car.
>>
>>14647172
Driven the new R/T for a couple days.
Thing is a boat. Huge & Heavy

But really depends what you're looking for, it's comfy and fast.
Just don't expect to be throwing it around corners or something.
I'm a tall guy, visibility for me was fine.
>>
>>14647172
Drive a new v6 with the 8 speed
Great highway car,shitty in the curves
V6 had a surprising amount of get up and go despite the weight
>>
>>14647172
V8 or gtfo.
>>
>>14647172
I didn't have any issue with the visibility when I test drove one, but I don't have many issues with the camaro's either, so take that with a grain of salt.

The challenger handles like a land barge but damn the interior is spacious. It would definitely make a good daily driver, especially if you frequently have passengers.
>>
>>14647172
Boat heavy
>>
OP here, I appreciate the comments. Would one of these be unwieldy in a city, where Lane changing and parking garages are a thing? I'm not going to be racing, I just want a nice body style, so I'm looking at the cheaper V6 SXT. 22k is not half bad.
>>
For the love of god do not get the fucking v6. Just buy an older v8 if you cant afford a newer v8.
>>
>>14647172
the Challenger is the heaviest, with the least amount of power in their base V8
A V6 Camaro is faster
>>
File: 20151017_163203.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151017_163203.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>14650702
So incorrect it hurts. The new GT mustang and Camaro SS are faster than the 5.7 Hemi (not the scat pack), but the V6 are not.

2016 V6 Camaro: Magazines peg @ 5.1s 0-60 in ideal conditions. Real world performance closer to 6s. No power at highway speeds in a v6, either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29tLDaJv5WI

2015 Challenger RT (5.7 Hemi) gets sub 5s completely stock on all season tires. And it maintains this power up through 150MPH unlike the V6 that slows to a crawl once you're at 90.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YT1k8YmGSM

>>14647172
You should get the RT scat pack if you can because it blows the 2016 Camaro SS, and the Mustang GT out of the water for under $40k. But even if 5.7 is fine. $1000 in mild mods (tune, intake, etc) and a new set of tires and you're performing the same as a GT in the 5.7. Except you're driving something that looks a million times better that has a usable interior.

>b-b-but it's a boat....

Sure if you're used to driving smart cars. Most roads aren't the Nürburgring, so you should be fine with a little extra size. Unless you're a faggot and need everything to be waiflike and eco-friendly, in which case you have the wrong hobby.
>>
>>14647172
I've drove pic related. Visibility wasn't bad unless I was backing into a parking space, then it was horrible.
I really like them though. Especially the 15-16 Scat Pack cars, the interior is much better. Plenty of old school muscle car torque and one of the best cruisers you will find. Lots of fun.
No, it doesn't handle as well as a smaller Jap car. No, it's not as light. Same with the Mustangs. Can't comment on Cameros.
It seems to have that x-factor that makes muscle cars so dumb and fun though. I'm talking Scat Pack and Hellcat, can't comment on the 5.7l and smaller.

>tfw can't wait to buy a blue Hellcat and road trip it out in the Rockies while listening to Rozes on that Harmon Kardon stereo
>>
File: optimuuuuuuuus.jpg (440 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
optimuuuuuuuus.jpg
440 KB, 2048x1152
Just wanted to say even though the Challenger is 10/10 the Camaro is as well. I love my 2010 SS to death. Don't get the Camaro if you're worried about visibility, ill be the first to admit it's horrid in my car. for around 20k you can get a used 2010-2012 SS with 426 HP and 420 lb-ft of torque. It will be faster than a new RT and keep up with a new GT mustang. Only the sixth gen SS Camaro, and the 6.4 Mopar cars will beat you stock.
>>
Test drove an srt8, visibility is shit, as stable as daniel baldwin playing Jenga while jumping on a trampoline. Not as fun as i hoped, but the seats are comfy. Bought a wrx instead
>>
In my opinion "new" muscles (or cruiser whichever) aren't what they used to be. If you can afford one of the big three right now, go back to the 70's if you want a real dodge muscle experience. They're a little hard to find in decent condition though. 90's Camaro's and the 90's 5.0 foxbody Mustang's are still fairly easy to come by, and are much cheaper. Save some money with the original purchase and get some aftermarket on either a good LS1 or a H.O. 5.0 and you'll have yourself a good cruiser. My opinion tho.
>>
File: muhssdetailedbadlylol.jpg (140 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
muhssdetailedbadlylol.jpg
140 KB, 960x720
>>14651602

Can vouch, loving my 2012 SS

LS3 is a monster, 5th gens are getting cheap too OP
>>
>>14647172

Owner of a 2012 Challenger R/T. Visibility is best of the three in the Challenger. Handling is better than the Mustang until they got rid of IRS. Due to its size, it's not as nimble as some cars, but has remarkable turn radius. Body roll is there, but it's manageable.

Test drive it and see for yourself.
>>
>>14650204

No. I frequently take mine to Dallas and Houston and drive like I own the road. It will make people move. Traffic weaving is easy and comfy. This car was fucking made for controlling the road.
>>
>>14650204

Aalso, don't be a fucking retard. The 08 R/T's go for 22k with frequency. Do not settle for the fucking V8. It is not the same experience. Challenger needs Hemi.
>>
From the one that I have driven, car in pic.

'15 Challenger R/T Plus, 5.7/6 Speed

Pros
>Comfy
>Sounds nice
>With the 3.73s it accelrates well (But not as well as GT/SS)
>fair visibility side to side
>rear visibility is a non issue when backing up if car has backup camera
>very little road noise on highway
>interior layout is nice and everything is in a convenient spot

Cons
>You can feel the weight in long turns
>Body roll is noticeable, but not bad
>rear visibility isn't fantastic on the road (adjust your mirrors)

tldr: 2 Door Charger with manual trans that everyone likes more
>>
All three of those are boats and handle like crap, challenger probably being the worst out of the three in terms of "slush" in the turns.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.