[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Tune to Win.jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Tune to Win.jpg
40 KB, 300x300
What automotive books do y'all like to read/look at?

>pic related

always a good reference
>>
The Carroll Smith series is THE set of books all automotive enthusiasts should read.

A Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code, and the sequels are an excellent place to learn how to improve your own driving. Yeah they feature motorcycles but the principles of self observation and correction are solid and transfer.
>>
Come on, there is an actual factual thread on /o/ and it gets one reply? Is this real life?
>>
>>14647231
>there is an actual factual thread on /o/ and it gets one reply
Sounds like real life to me.
>>
>>14647231
/o/ would rather shitposting and circle jerk
>>
File: 81OGJlj4jZL.jpg (285 KB, 1051x1360) Image search: [Google]
81OGJlj4jZL.jpg
285 KB, 1051x1360
A wonderful source of historical info and eye-candy
>>
>>14645254
For practical stuff, the Carroll Smith books, Guy Croft's book on Fiat/Lancia twin cams and a mixture of Haynes, Clymer, Chilton and OEM workshop manuals.

For fun, anything written by LJK Setright
>>
>>14645254
4 stroke performance tuning by AG Bell
>>
>>14645254
Right now all I have is a subscription to hot rod. I'm picking up bits and pieces here and there. That book you posted looks great, op

>tfw you have an engineering degree but your school only offered autismo electives instead of neat race car stuff

I can tell you all about torquing bolts tho :p
>>
Is there a bible like this, but for Drag?
>>
The ones I'm looking at getting are:
Advanced Engine Technology by Heinz Heisler
21st Century Performance by Edgar Julian
Scientific Design of Exhaust and Intake systems by Phillip Hubert Smith
Modern Engine Tuning by A. Graham Bell

Racecar: Searching for the Limit in Formula SAE
which you can get for free.
>>
File: 51AE5F78EML._SL300_.jpg (23 KB, 217x300) Image search: [Google]
51AE5F78EML._SL300_.jpg
23 KB, 217x300
>plus Bells other books
>>
What is a good book for introducing myself to mechanics?
>>
>>14647727
AA book of cars. Pretty handy for older cars.
Repair work is not something you can truly learn from a book. My recommendation is to buy a small project and fix it up. It doesn't have to be expensive and it doesn't have to be big. (It doesn't need to be a car.)
>>
>>14647738
2nd. This is how I learned. Dig in, and only use books to prevent yourself from making big mistakes.
>>
I have one of those "How stuff works"" books but I can't find the right picture.
>>
>>14645254
I've got Automotive Bodywork and Rust Repair, How to Paint your Car on a Budget, and Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems. Not sure if they are any good yet because I'm waiting for the weather to warm up before I actually try any of the stuff because fuck doing automotive work in an unheated garage.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.