[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom's turning 50 next month and she's always dreamed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: m.jpg (1 MB, 5000x4444) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
1 MB, 5000x4444
My mom's turning 50 next month and she's always dreamed of owning a pic related. Seeing as I know almost nothing about cars, what is the best Mercedes sedan I can get for her in the $50-60k range? Has to be new, not used. Will mostly be used for running errands, driving less than 25 miles a day
>>
>>14643934
C class or GLC. If you're gonna go for the E, get the updated 2017, not a 2016.
>>
Yeah C300 or GLA.
Or better yet, get a Maybach and drive her around and spoil the fuck out of her.
>>
>>14643934
Why is she going to buy something she doesn't need with money she doesn't have to impress people she doesn't like?
>>
>>14643957
>>14643982
Thank you for the advice
>>14644005
Idk wtf this is, but thanks for taking time to post it
>>
>>14644134
You can get the same features of a c class or shitty crossover in a Honda Accord v6 or Lexus rx 350
>>
>>14644134
He's just being an edgelord underage b& le armchair philosopher and quoting Fight Club
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the only Benz you should avoid is the CLA (FWD, cheapest build quality) and there's nothing wrong with 2016 E class, it's just that there's a new version literally coming out for the 2017 model. Depends on how big of a car she needs. C, GLA, or GLC would probably work pretty well if she's mostly just by herself getting groceries.
>>
>>14644154
>FWD
thats better for 99% of the world
>>
>>14644005

You sound poor
>>
>>14643934
Why are you such a cheap ass just get financing for 100k and buy yo momma an S class. She deserves better than a cheap son like you
>>
>>14644184
Whats the difference between the C class that most people are recommending and the S class? If it's just features that she's never going to use, then it won't be worth it.
>>
>>14643934
>Has to be new
That's too bad because Mercedes' best years are behind us.
>>
>>14644203
What's the difference between a Toyota mr2 and a lamborghini? Exactly. If you buy her a c class everyone will laugh at her and know you cheaper out
>>
>>14644203
They're just shitposting. The S class is really basically a personal limo, it's too much car for a single person, both in terms of cost and being fuckhuge. The C class blows away its peers in terms of the interior and cushiness.
>>
>>14644230
Okay, well I'm looking for more functionality versus appearance
>>
Get mama two chebbys!
>>
>>14644253
Then get her a lexus. Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>14644230
There's an old saying that applies here: Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

She's getting the car as a gift, she has nothing to complain about unless she's one of those My Sweet 16 bitches who thinks their parents ruined-RUINED! her party by getting her a brand new car a day early instead of her actual birthday when she wanted it.

Now kindly fuck off, adults are talking here.
>>
>>14644263
Because his mom wants a Mercedes. Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>14644246
Thanks, lots of people are suggesting the C class so I will definitely look into it
>>14644263
Except her dream isn't a Lexus
>>
>>14644246
>>14644203
Don't listen to this fag he is poor and doesn't want other people to have nice things. Either get an S class, G wagon, or don't get a merc at all
>>
>>14644268
When the gift effects your image because you are essentially made to drive that car now for a good while it certainly does matter. I wouldn't be caught dead driving a c class. But whatever if you want all your peers to laugh at you behind your back I guess it's a good car
>>
>>14644272
You know, if she didn't have you she could've used the money to buy her dream car.
>>
>>14644272
Dont. At least get a G wagon common man if you're looking for the merc with the most functionality that is the one
>>
>>14644293
Seeing as OP anon's mom has "Always dreamed" of having that car I'm guessing she's not the kind of person that can afford a Merc on her own, this will be an upgrade for her socially you autistic retard.
>>
>>14644253

>I want functionality
>Not Appearance.

>Must be new.
>Not used

PICK 2 AND ONLY 2.
>>
>>14644335
I'm not giving her a used car for her 50th
>>
>>14644293

>Caring about superficial, trivial, opinions of others in the name of appearance.
>Can't differentiate between 'affect' and 'effect'.

Lol, you're a fucking retard. Seriously, you're worthless.
>>
>>14644339

I'll make this easier.

>I don't care about appearance.
>I only want a new car.

PICK 1 AND ONLY 1.
>>
I'm done with this thread since it has turned to shit. Thanks to all who provided genuine advice.
>>
>>14644354
Sorry for the bad experience, OP, but this is pretty par for course for /o/ since we're all poorfags who only want 90's japanese shitboxes and hate anyone that buys/wants to buy a new car. I hope yer mum enjoys the Benz you get her.
>>
>>14644340
Why else would you,buy a merc if you didn't care about what other people thought? Lmfao
>>
>>14644365
Idiot I drive a brand new M5 lol just,don't want OPs mom to, get embarrassed
>>
>>14644392
Yes, we're sure you do, now go back to screaming to your mom if that hot pocket you left in the microwave is done and if she can bring it to you.
>>
>>14643934
A45 AMG.
>>
>>14643934

A Smart is technically a Mercedes. You could get her 5 of them.
>>
Honestly OP my dad is a pretty big Mercedes guy. Drove the AMG versions of the new C class, CLA, and GLA and he chose the GLA.

Its nice because its like a sedan in length but its a bit taller so you have a bit more visibility. Id recommend the GLA or GLC for your mom, personally, my mom drives an X5 BMW and loves it. Women love SUVs.
>>
>>14643934
If she's just a brand whore, save yourself the money and just get a CLA. It's cheap and shit, but it says Mercedes on it so it'll make her happy.
>>
>>14645509
All crossovers. Bitches love crossovers.
>>
>>14643934
Mercedes Mechanic here...

C class.
The new 205 chassis isn't much different from the previous 204 chassis, the engines, whichever (274,276,etc) are incredible improvements on their former designs.

The GLA's, while fun and spacious, haven't been around as long as the C classes, and hence, not everything is as perfectly refined as the C class yet with its years of testing and road-trials.

Not to mention the C class is just absurdly safe, especially the new models. The vehicle knows if you're about to get into a collision, and does a whole shit load of preventative measures to ensure YOU survive, regardless of whether the vehicle does or not.
>>
>>14643934
Why new? You can get a 2-3 year old S Class with that money with a warranty
>>
/thread
>>
>>14645622
because he's a faggot
>>
>>14645622
Women don't like driving such big cars, cuz they put dings in them in the carpark and the like.
>>
>>14648650
But the S class is covered in sensors
>>
>>14649953
Doesn't really make much of a difference. Sure you might not actually hit anything, but that doesn't mean a car that large isn't still a pain to manoeuvre around.
>>
>>14652105
If you've ever driven one it really isn't, assuming you aren't clinically retarded
>>
>>14652121
As a matter of fact, I used to drive one. In my experience women prefer to drive smaller cars in the city. I don't know why everyone is suggesting a farted in S Class that will probably be bigger, more fuel inefficient and more maintenance intensive than OP's mum probably wants.
>>
>>14652161
Because it's the best luxury car you can get at that price.
If OPs mom wants a small and fuel efficient car with a badge she can get a Prius with a Lexus logo
>>
>>14652185
Read the OP man. She just wants a Benz. Like most women, she probably doesn't know the difference between an S Class and a shitty CLA. In which case, better to get something newer and more suitable. I've driven the new C Class and it's a very competent luxury car.
>>
>>14652216
Sure, just get a worse car because she may not be able to drive something large

Does OP's mom even live in a big city?
>>
Really any late model (post facelift) W204 C class, especially with the luxury package will be fine. The new W205 Cs are breddy gud too. Really any 2012+ E class will also be fine. Most people only see the merc badge in the front and assume big money. My shit tier 2008 C with fucking knock-off AMG wheels pulls mad compliments from people (spoiler, this piece is only worth like 10 grand at best)
>>
>>14652366
It won't be a worse car to her. The problem with you people here is you're all trying to project your desires and interests onto people who don't necessarily give a single shit about the difference between an S Class and a C Class. Reminds me of that thread the other day where a student was asking for suggestions for cheap reliable transport and everyone was trying to push him to get an E39.
>>
>>14652418
I would have told him to get a Civic

I say S class because the extra size really is worth it, it's just so much of a nicer car and perfectly reasonable at that price point.
We're not telling his mom to get a V12 biturbo Mercedes for the price of a Civic
>>
File: idort.jpg (3 KB, 126x108) Image search: [Google]
idort.jpg
3 KB, 126x108
>>14644184
>>14644230
>>14644279
>Spending fuckhuge amounts of cash for driving a landyatch S.
Unlike you, OP is not a nigger, fuck off.
Get the C class OP, they're great.
>>
>>14652518
Nigger there's a huge difference between an entry level C class and a high end S class
>>
>>14652540
>different segment cars are different
never saw it coming
>>
>>14652904
And that's a good reason to not get the better car?
>>
Get a CLA for $30k, they cost as much as a specced Accord and are equipped as well as a base model Civic
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.