[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boomer hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: 20160314_171730.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160314_171730.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
Let's have a boomer hate thread.
>El Camino about a block away from my house.
>Been sitting there for about 2 years.
>Ask around who owns it
>Find out who owns it.
> Some old shit who moved hours away. Doesn't even live there anymore.
>Call him and ask if its for sale
>"No I'm not selling the El Camino. You people gotta stop fucking calling and asking. I'm not selling it."
>tfw great condition
>Sit there in costal winters till it rots away.
Why do they need to fucking hoard things they will just let rot away?
>>
>>14643797
let it rot so he can feel like a retard

fucker will probably wants a small fortune for it.
>>
Put a for sale sign on it with his number.
>>
>>14643902
Not a bad idea I may say
>>
>>14643797
It's a shit car anyway, let the sea have it.
>>
File: Nova.jpg (19 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Nova.jpg
19 KB, 360x270
>>14643797
Got as dude down the street with a Nova. Was in pristine condition when I moved here. Dude divorced his old lady, she kept the car. It's still sitting, tires have rotted off. Begged her to sell it to me... no go.

This body style but blue. Roof has rusted to shit too.
>>
>>14643969
if they can't sell it. For the love of god at minimum keep it covered and off the grass. But no. They don't give two shits if someone wanted it and loved it. Took care of it too.
>>
You forgot to tell him you love Donald Trump. And you stack silver bullion.

He'd probably give it to you then. "My son!"
>>
>>14643969
>>14643989

>Dude divorced his old lady, she kept the car. It's still sitting, tires have rotted off. Begged her to sell it to me... no go.

bitch probably is doing it on purpose
>>
>>14643797

I dunno but it's someone else's property, and it's their's to do with as they see fit...

Absolutely nobody is obligated to sell a fucking thing they don't want to sell...so fuck off op ya fuckstick...
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 640x480
>>14643797
>>14643969
I have similar story
>friends neighbor has truck looks like pic related
>has been there as long as I've been friends with him
>just watch as it rots away
>my dad asks if he can buy it from neighbor
>always same response
>"I'm gunna fix it up. Not for sale."
>he even pushes it across the street for street sweeping
>gets more and more rusty every time I see it
>still won't sell it
He's just getting older I can't see him ever starting on it. It's such a cool truck too
>>
>>14643902
fucking this
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 425x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 425x236
>at a light with friend in his 07 Charger
>old school charger pulls alongside us
>friend loves old chargers
>rolls down window
>compliments his car
>"you only like it because of the movie you don't know jack shit about this you youngsters etc etc"
>our faces when
>>
>>14644885
Should have told him Bullitt was shit and the Mustang won and watch him rage.
>>
File: 1447300656149.jpg (21 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447300656149.jpg
21 KB, 640x640
>>14644885
Man what a cunt.
>>
It's an abandoned car, report it.
>>
>>14645121
This, if they fail to move it, you can possibly attempt to claim it. Especially if it can be considered an EYESORE (Stored within view of the street and uncovered)
My friend did this and got a camper that was semi-abandoned on private land.
>>
>>14643797
How about a Generation X hate thread for all your bitching?
>>
>>14644885
Lol should a just spat on it.

Oh wait >america
Probably lucky you didn't get shot for rolling your window down
>>
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5472101818.html

>Price is VERY FIRM as this is giveaway priced already for what's included in this package deal
>>
>>14643902
He can remove the for sale sign. Option 2 is craigslist. This guy in highschool had a BMW 330i (his moms). I use to put it on sale on craigslist all the time and told people to come on by at any time. He would have random strangers comming to his house, looking his car up and down, and then asking him if it was for sale.

I stuck the price for like 15k.

I also stuck his number offering free tickets to an NHL Hockey game. His phone blew up with texts and calls. Was funny as shit.
>>
>Uncle has a 69 camaro
>keeps it in the garage
>69 camaro parts car in yard beside garage.
>kept getting calls asking if he would be willing to sell.
>Finally fed up, takes orange spray paint and writes NOT FOR SALE on car.
>still gets called.
>>
>>14645217
Because they know he isn't fixing shit.
>>
>>14645185
>all that rust

6k to get it running

10k to get it decent looking inside and out

at least it looks like it has the nose piece.
>>
>>14645227
He took the 327, interior, front and back glass and hood from the parts car. IIRC it is still pretty solid (its been sitting in grass for at least 5 years now though). He probably could sell it seeing as his camaro is pretty much done. I think he just likes having the extra parts around.
>>
My uncle has his '71 Impala just rusting away in his yard, even though it's been up for sale for 5 years now. He's trying to sell it for $12k when it's worth maybe $1k at this point. I asked him about it last time I was at his place, and he called me an "ungrateful millennial brat who doesn't appreciate the classics" when I drive a fucking '71 240Z and I'm rebuilding a '68 Plymouth Fury.
>>
>>14645205
I guess you missed the fact that he lives two hours away.
>>
>>14645302
Its not even a desirable model year. Everyone wants the 68-70.

Fucking David Freighburger got a damn Charger, for A SET OF GOD DAMN CYLINDER HEADS.
>>
>>14645386
Oh missed it.

Still I would rather stick it on craigslist.
>>
>>14643969
>no go
I see what you did there...
>>
>be me
>drive around the neighborhood
>see 61 Impala on side of road
>it's all rusted and dirty and it looks like it's about to fall apart completely
>knock on the door of the house closest to the car
>middle aged man with beer belly answers
>he looks pissed off
>"Yeah, I was wondering about your 61 Impala. It looks like it needs a little TLC, can I have it?"
>"No it's mine. It still runs and it's mine goddamn it. Go away."
>on the way back to the car, I take a quick peek inside the Impala
>it needs reupholstering BADLY
>I begin to wonder if it even does run
>why would someone let an american classic just rot away to nothing?
>go home and decide if I ever get an old car, I'd drive it every day and keep it in tip-top shape
>clicks all pictures of pancakes and posts
>>
>>14645321
Just tell him to finish stripping it and sell the shell.
>>14645339
>71 Impala
>classic
lel
>>
neighbor is an 85 year old man. Has a 2009 f150 and a 59 f100 mint condition. Still drives the 59. get on my neighbors boomer power level 99
>>
>>14648897
85 would make him not a Boomer mate.
>>
File: 1420588753715.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1420588753715.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>14643797
confront them about letting it sit to rot. They will say they'll get to it eventually when the have money/time

then you can say, lol i'll just buy it when you die
>>
File: 1327891992079.jpg (26 KB, 407x374) Image search: [Google]
1327891992079.jpg
26 KB, 407x374
My father owns a 72" GTO
He won't let me or my brother work on it, drive it, or even see it anymore.
Tries to convince me it's an extra sport model with 600hp.
Tells me it's better than my Supra because it's heavier.
>>
>>14648897
>85

Sounds more like the father of a boomer desu
>>
>>14643969
>>14643797

Towns have something called "Blight ordnances", you might be able to call the town up to have them remove to car if it's been sitting for too long or is an eye-sore, owner will have zero say in the matter, they either move it, or lose it. But of a long shot, but if you wanna fuck with the owner, or get a chance to buy it from a police auction?
>>
>>14651643
>>14651720
>the father of a boomer
aka The Greatest Generation he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Problem was what they all wanted to do was spoil their kids.
>>
>>14651895
Go to bed great grandpa
>>
There's a guy in my town that's EXTRA Boomer. He got so sick of people wanting to buy his car he actually took a can of spray paint and wrote Not for sale on it.

Of course, its started to rust through on parts of that too.
>>
my uncle died and left my aunt a 57 bel air that was pretty much hot rodded, just needed paint, a 67 camaro rs that was numbers matching, that just needed the interior put in it, and a chevelle who's year i can't remember, that could've been a great restomod or something
she wouldn't sell any of them and now their rotting in the woods somewhere on her property.
makes me sad
>>
File: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png (16 KB, 400x401) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png
16 KB, 400x401
>>14645185
>condition: good
>>
>>14651693
you have the kind of father who values his car more than letting his sons share the sentimental value of his car. Your dad's a dick
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.