[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good auto-related careers? I'm trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: automotive-engineer.jpg (120 KB, 750x477) Image search: [Google]
automotive-engineer.jpg
120 KB, 750x477
What are some good auto-related careers?

I'm trying to decide what to major in. Engineering is beyond my reach, though.
>>
>>14641996
pictures like that one make me sad. this is why old cars are best. when cars were made by men, for men and not faggot nerds.
>>
>>14642019
Agreed.

Anyway, what about drafting and design technology? I'd only need an associate's degree but I'm worried about having limited advancement opportunities.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Go mil you punk.
>>
>>14641996
>What are some good auto-related careers?

Uhhh... pretty much none. Good careers are still the traditional professional hall marks - that is, Finance and Law. Software development as a modern addition is good too.
>>
Heavy line mechic here. (Class 8 trucks) and former Chrysler dealer tech(before the fiat take over). Join the master race of fabricators, welders, machinists, and mechanics that make the world run.

I make about 70k a year with 40-60 hours a week. Lots of fun. Very challenging.
>>
File: 1457056460816.jpg (41 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
1457056460816.jpg
41 KB, 640x422
>>14641996
Just go mechE. If you like cars that's the way to do it.

My school's mechElaine students just wrench on baha, formula one, a boat, and a snowmobile doing stuff like designing/fabricating new parts or design methods.

They're like mechanics/fabricators that actually understand the theory of what they do.

The schooling isn't as hard as it sounds more you just have to be willing to study hard.
>>
There are none
>>
>>14641996
If you're too stupid for engineering, you might be able to do a commerce degree or some shit with a specialization in marketing, and make ads
>>
>>14642346
Yeah and your body is gonna be destroyed by the time you're 40
>>
i make 80-100+ a year building roads

sort of counts
>>
>>14641996

CAD-designer or quality manager, don't know how little you're capable off tho
>>
File: 1308938159118.png (103 KB, 237x291) Image search: [Google]
1308938159118.png
103 KB, 237x291
>>14642346
>40 hour/week at the low end
>>
File: 1457540817397.jpg (85 KB, 477x604) Image search: [Google]
1457540817397.jpg
85 KB, 477x604
>>14642303

> pic related

>>14642323

This goy knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>14642854
>millennials
>>
>>14642854
40 hour weeks are normal

get back to me when you work 20 hour days 6 or 7 days a week for a year faggot

at that point meth is a must
>>
Why not engineering technology?

I used to work as a materials engineer for BorgWarner, designing clutch pad materials. We had lots of smart guys with EET and other technology degrees working in the dyno test lab. These guys were sharp - they could write their own test macros and do their own stat analysis writeup for our reports. They also knew their way around wrenches and soldering irons.

Most of them made about $60K +OT after 10 years and worked regular hours with full benefits.
>>
Go to school and work hard, if you have a state scholarship, then take full advantage of it while you can.

There is no reason you cannot be an engineer.
Basically anything other than an engineering degree and your just fucking around with meaningless stuff in some niche market making under 80k
>>
File: 1456390145567.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
1456390145567.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1584
>>14644024
nice civilized country you live in. ty for bein poor so i can be rich.
>>
>>14642854
I did 40 hours/week in a fucking summerjob you stupid neet.
>>
OP here. I've actually started studying engineering this semester by taking a calculus class and a chemistry class. But I also work too and live on my own, so I don't have time to study both. I've been pulling two or three all-nighters each week and I stilled failed those classes, by a lot. This is the third time I've had to drop out of general chemistry. And I'm already 24 years old. I don't have time to take one class per semester. I have the mental ability to learn the material just fine - everyone does if they're not retarded. My problem is insufficient time.

So I'm thinking about majoring in business instead and becoming a financial planner/advisor. The classes are piss easy and can be taken online so I'll have time for them while I work. Plus I can transfer to a 4 year university even with a low GPA, which is good because mine is shit.

I've thought about drafting and design but advancement seems limited.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.