[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /o/ I know almost nothing about cars.. I started my own business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 466x316) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 466x316
Hi /o/

I know almost nothing about cars.. I started my own business and am making some decent cash.

I want a Jeep Wrangler BUT should I buy a new one? Whlst I CURRENTLY know nothing about cars I would like to learn. I have become interested in prepping and want a car tnat I can use for work (my business requires me to drive all day) but that I could also drive into the bush when SHTF.. I also dislike the idea of buying so,ething new that would devalue horrible, I would rather buy something older for a 1/4 of the price and then put money into it to make it fit my needs mord.

Unfortunately my knowledge is low, is buying an older Jeep and then fixing it up a bad idea? My clients are successful people and all drive range rovers through the suburbs, I need a car that Gives the impression of success but that I can also go off road with when I am doing outdoors shit,, I want something that I can work in and then take it off road when I want too.

What should I be looking for in a Jeep as a base? If I put money into it could I be confident that it will be reliable? Diesel? Petrol?

Plz no bullyy
>>
>>14641740
>I want a Jeep Wrangler BUT should I buy a new one?
No.

Just kill yourself for even considering a Chrysler product.

Get out of /o/.
>>
>>14641740
>I need a car that Gives the impression of success

Do white people really judge people like that?
>>
>>14641740
After reading your post I would suggest a range rover. Are you in the states?
>>
>>14641765

I don't but my clients do, it's just part of the business. I can't go to meet with a potential client who drives a range rover and wears a suit if I am in shorts and a t shirt in my old mitsubishi.
>>
>>14641770

I am in Aus, I checked caradvice.. They seem to cost in excess of 100k.......

Also, while my clients need to see me as an equal I do not want to drop 100k on a car upfront plus I would like something rugged that I could actually take off road when I want to and clean it up afterwards and just look like another successful dick driving my SUV through the suburbs.
>>
OP here, to simplify my quedtion..

Is it worth buying a new Jeep if I want to spend some money customizing it? Or should I buy an older one if I am going to customize it anyway.
>>
>>14641782
Land Cruiser 70
>>
Your answer is a lx470 or a range rover
>>
>>14641740
Ask in the aussie thread it'll be better
>>
Should probably kys
>>
>>14641798

Considering that Wranglers have some of the lowest depreciation in the US market, it's not a bad idea to buy one new. Also Jeeps are one of the rare cases where aftermarket mods will actually improve the value of the vehicle.

The real problem is that you WILL pay MSRP or higher, most dealers know they can sell these cars at whatever price point they want so they won't budge on price much.

Most people in my area are paying sticker price or higher for these jeeps.
>>
I like the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I think it's a good car and I think it looks pretty good in white, but then I like white cars. But I can never buy one, and neither can you.

I'm an electrician, so I work in people's houses. I was working for a client in a fairly wealthy subdivision, and his teenage daughter had a friend over. She pulled up in a brand new, white Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I overheard she had just gotten it as her sweet 16 gift. Less than an hour later her twin sister arrived. Same car, same color. Two of them in the driveway, blocking my truck in.

That is what the Wrangler is, specifically the best one (Unlimited Rubicon). It's a car rich teenage girls get as a birthday gift. If you buy one you will inevitably pull up to another at a light and it will be driven by some high school aged girl trying to text. And that'll be it, you'll have to kill yourself.
>>
>>14641834
This. Get the boxy version. 4.5lt v8
>>
There's better Jeep info repositories on the Internet than bus riders on /o/ that'll insult for wanting a Jeep uno
>>
>>14641834
Fuck that. Buy an LC200.
>>
>>14643686
This. Or you if you have the shekels, get an LX470 or LX570. The Lexus GX460/70 is also a good pick.
>>
File: tLTZ7f1.jpg (797 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
tLTZ7f1.jpg
797 KB, 1920x1280
>>14641740
Op, if you aren't trolling and are just retarded here it's my answer from the other thread you started:

I apologize for my ignorance
This I'm afraid

What you are after is the must impractical thing for the city. A modded, lifted rock crawling jeep is one of the worst things in the city. You are way too high, suspension makes it shit, mpg is in single digits, your $500 each off road tires dont last 10k and it isn't at all comfortable.

If you want to rock crawl. Have a city car, get an old pre modded tj or cj heartbreak/divorce special from craigslist or jeep forums once the seller has finally accepted reality and decided to sell below cost.

If you really want a city jeep get a stock Rubicon, keep it stock. It's already pretty fucking rugged, with lockers and electronic sway disconnect. Get a set of city tires and swap em out when you go off for the weekend. You might just get 15mpg.

Prepping wise: if you get the rock crawler keep full bugout kit in it, with enough gas to get you where you need x2
If you get the city jeep get a tire carrier with room for 2 jerry cans or external gas tank, fill them up with premium and rotate every couple of months. Keep a get home bag inside at all times. Install a ham radio and participate in ARES.

Once you have it you will mod it as needed, it won't look dated, it will look like a fucking jeep as long as you get on trails and know your Shit.
>>
File: mud.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
mud.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1280
>>14643197
The sad truth
>Go to jeep dealership to get a recall fix
>Mechanic that brings it back is all "holy shit it had mud on it"
>All the smug looks I get from the mall crawlers because I don't have light bars, fancy fenders and led lamps.......
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.