[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: CMn8VhZUAAAVDmp~01.jpg (87 KB, 960x592) Image search: [Google]
CMn8VhZUAAAVDmp~01.jpg
87 KB, 960x592
My parents asked me to figure out what the best tires are for their car.
They do this because I like cars but I have no clue actually.

Where do I start? They own a 2010 prius so no it should have 'normal' tires.
I guess the cheapest isn't an option but what is?
>>
They'll want OEM tires. They're low rolling resistance tires designed to help MPG numbers.
>>
>>14641441
How long is a piece of string, nigga?

How many miles per year?
What are the road conditions like?
Snow/no snow
Ice/no ice
Does it get particularly hot?
What wheels?
Are they comfort nazis?

What state? Assuming US but some tires are cheaper/more popular depending on where.
>>
>>14641452
>They'll want a long, hard, black cock right in their ass
Why not just suggest OP shoot his parents in the head? Be about as useful.

Only retards use eco tires. 50% worse in every way for a 2.5% improvement over a normal tire at high but gud pressure.
>>
>>14641441
Hoosiers. Toyo R888 if you are a pussy.
>>
>>14641466
>R6 equipped prius
I really want this now.
Could go to a track day and fuck with people.
>>
>>14641441
Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance
or
Michelin Primacy 3

The Goodyears are cheaper but don't last as long, so they balance out.
>>
>>14641441
OP the answer is always 13".
They're cheap and you save on gaz what's not to like.
>>
>>14641456
>Only retards use eco tires. 50% worse in every way
[Citation needed] From 2015 or newer.
>>
>>14641516
How about the heap of shit eco tyres from 2015 the previous owner put on my soarer?
Swapped them out and it was like i'd installed a new steering rack it was that much better, made literally 0 difference to fuel economy.

Eco tyres are a meme. Any economy benefits are from fools fitting skinny tyres with high pressures and then going 'hurr eco gud', ignoring the fuck drag racers sitting over there with their skinny, high pressure tyres for least rolling resistance.
>>
Michelin Energy have good wet grip and can easily last 100,000km.
Goodyear EfficientGrip have even better wet grip but won't last as long (40,000-60,000km depending on driving and roads).

Both are rather cheap and ideal for a Daily Drive turdbox.
>>
>>14641539
So no evidence at all. No anecdotes are not evidence.
>>
>>14641587
>wah no evidence wah
Don't need evidence to state the sky is blue, cunt.
>>
>>14641441
I dont know if the US has the same mandatory stickers on new tires we have in yurop, if that's the case, tell him to buy whatever tire has an A rating in rolling resistance and he's set
>>
>>14641592
Is that all you cam do? You made a blanket and very stupid statement you can't back up and when challenged reverted to type, thank you for validating my point that you have nothing to add to this thread.
>>
>>14641639
Says the cunt who has done nothing but shit it up trying to defend eco tyres.
>>
>>14641441
Goodyear Allsurance. In a size a prius would have, they'll be in the $70-90 range a tire, ~80,000mi rating. I've used them on 3 different shitboxes, on one car I ran through 5 sets of them, love em, they're my go-to shitbox all season.
>>
File: iStock_000006761356XSmall.jpg (145 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000006761356XSmall.jpg
145 KB, 400x300
Kill your parents OP>>14641441
>>
>>14641724
How cute you are
>>
>>14641441
Put BRZ tires on
>>
Just get them some cheap chinese shit
>>
>>14641539
Eco tires are not a meme. I went from Michelin defenders lrr tires to eagle sport all seasons and I noticed a couple mpg difference
>>
File: 1457932629194.gif (1 MB, 330x238) Image search: [Google]
1457932629194.gif
1 MB, 330x238
>>14641441
I live in the PNW and need tires for a 06 corolla. What should I get never see snow, just rain.
>>
File: continental-true-contact.png (130 KB, 441x234) Image search: [Google]
continental-true-contact.png
130 KB, 441x234
>>14641441
Just put some continental true contacts on the accord. They're pretty good normie tires
>>
>>14641441
Pick up a pair of cheap, used FRS/BRZ tires assuming they have any tread life on them
>>
>>14641441
Got the Goodyear efficientgrip performance in the end.
Learned some shit about tires today. Thanks senpai.

Too bad they are 91 in load though. Their prius has weird sizes.
>>
>>14642074
Underrated post Kek
>>
>>14641441
Pirelli P Zero Corsas
>>
>>14644806
Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is by no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favour and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?
>>
>>14645712
Stance bruh
>>
>>14643883
Nexxens
>>
>>14645712
second this. i use them on my tata and they're amazing. awesome grip even on wet and the fuel consumption has radically lowered.
>>
>>14641724
So you still have nothing to contribute to this thread, society or the human race? Please remove yourself from the first two, I doubt you qualify for the third.
>>
>>14645732
It's a redditors way of an upvote, and it's completely meaningless because it adds to the post limit
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.