[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only person that feels somewhat guilty about modifying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: bmw-E30-3-Series-1900x1200-01[1].jpg (541 KB, 1900x1267) Image search: [Google]
bmw-E30-3-Series-1900x1200-01[1].jpg
541 KB, 1900x1267
Am I the only person that feels somewhat guilty about modifying a car beyond simple or reversible things like wheels? I get that a car is one's own personal property, but cars can go extinct, especially the bone stock models. Unless I plan to drive it into the ground, I don't want to ruin it for the next guy.

What car would you feel least guilty about modifying?
>>
Any subaru at all.
>>
Every car that I own and will own I plan to be the last owner, so I don't care for the next guy.
>>
If it's completely original, I try to preserve it.
>>
No.

I even feel bad modifying cars in games too.
>>
>>14640125
I cringe when i see ae86's with flares tek screwed on through those beautiful jap steel fenders. Even when i see the old school gtrs with it done i hate it.
>>
>>14640125

>ruining it... for the next guy.
>you know what goes here.

Any Chevy or Mopar. Any Mitsu.

Shit comes broken from the factory.
>>
>>14640125
I feel the same way about euro and rare jap cars. If I am planning to go crazy I get something with a theft salvage title.
>>
I don't do any modification that can't be reversed. I would not feel guilty about modifying a classic porsche though because classic porsche fanboys are overly autistic and it's worth it just to rustle their jimmies. I'd love an RWB 930.
>>
>>14640660
That paint looks like shit
>>
File: IMG_6242.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6242.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
i'll keep the classics to stock, but modify the 318's that havent been looked after. modification is for the better, keeping it original will most likely improve resale on a few makes and models.
>>
File: 1332834264181.jpg (25 KB, 288x337) Image search: [Google]
1332834264181.jpg
25 KB, 288x337
Nice to know I'm not the only one who enjoys keeping bone-stock vehicles the same.

I have no issue continuing to modify a vehicle that has already been molested, but completely original examples are where I would just leave it alone.
>>
>>14640125
I keep stock appearance
but it's just not practical to keep running gear stock

where I hold back is major changes to the suspension
is always a concern of changing the car to suite my current technique rather than learning anything new

>What car would you feel least guilty about modifying
any base model
>>
>>14640660
I bet you'd smear yourself is shit if it rustled jimmys
>>
>>14640939

is this your attempt at learning english, nakai-san?
>>
>>14640969
ist good yes ?
unss classy gent gotta get that stella atwa
>>
Depends on the car.

I wouldn't over build something rare or classic, but if you have something extremely common like a civic or a golf or a mustang go for it, gimme 900hp
>>
>>14640660
I actually love it when people mod Porsche's too. There are so many generations of 911s it's not like your breaking something that can't be replaced. They've made basically the same car for decades on purpose.

>>14640666
it's a track car man.
>>
File: civic032oc01.jpg (48 KB, 491x327) Image search: [Google]
civic032oc01.jpg
48 KB, 491x327
I actually miss the body kit style from the early 2000's
>>
>>14641959
>but if you have something extremely common like a civic

>mfw can't even find a stock civic vti/sir anymore
>>
>>14640125
I know that feel OP.

My 90 Civic hatchback is 99% stock. It killed me to put a non-oem head unit in it when the casette the player died.

SAw a video on YouTube of a bone stock one with I think 8,00 miles, some kid had just bought it from some geezer. The first comment or caption was: "what kind of mods should I do?"
>>
>>14640125
I feel no guilt whatsoever about modifying anything that's already busted. Engine fucked in your old impala or something? WE LS BBY

Fucking up nice surviving vehicles makes me sad though.
>>
>>14642044
me too
its strange how bad things have gotten
even the Plymouth prowler is starting to slide from ugly to better looking than anything made in the last 5 years
>>
Can't share the feeling

If it makes something better, stick it in.
>>
>>14642408

giggity
>>
>>14640660
People don't get rustled at the modification itself. It's just that RWB has the fucking shittiest build quality. They look nice though.
Oh yeah, Magnus Walker pisses me off with all of his hipster bullshit.
>>
>>14641967
Air cooled Porsches keep getting more and more expensive cause more and more of them keep getting butchered. Go away.
>>
>>14640125

I'm the same.

I bought a beautiful Golf, previous owner was anal and kept it pristine. Has the original tape-deck / CD player combo VW radio, complete with missing rear speakers as it's the 2 speaker model radio.

I love it.

I always kek hard when I see faggots trying to make their golf look like an R32, lowering it, fitting a shitty silver blue LED radio and screwing it in themselves, putting body kits on and cutting speakers into the rear parcel shelf.

The car looks and feels best totally original. Good fucking luck selling your shitheap on in 12 months
>>
>>14640125
Same here, trying to find an original condition typical ricer car is fucking hard. Will have some restoration to do. Hardest part will probably be to find the stock radio - until then, a '92 'Yota tape deck will have to do.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.