[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /o/ i own a 94 miata 1.8 today while driving i pulled into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1454529226788.jpg (400 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454529226788.jpg
400 KB, 1600x1200
sup /o/ i own a 94 miata 1.8
today while driving i pulled into a parking lot and noticed that i couldnt get into gear. clutch pedal still has a feel in it, car cant be started in gear but in N and will stall if tried to be put in gear... wat do /o/
>>
>>14639998
Bad transmission or synchros?
>>
>>14639998
those are some ugly feet.

cringe at ugly cunts like her trying to pose her feet when they are hideous.
>>
>>14640017
car still shifts no problem when car isnt on
>>
>>14640020
i simply had no pictures to post other than that
>>
>>14640026

>>14639998

Tranny might be seized up or something went wrong and hour clutch won't transfer power anymore. No way to really tell until someone looks at it.
>>
I would try replacing the Trans oil or ATF whatever it uses.
Any preventive shit
>>
sounds like the clutch isnt disengaging
>>
Your clutch slave cylinder has likely lost pressure.
>>
>>14639998
Check all trans fluids. Mine does thus when its cold.
>>
Either your clutch master or slave is blown or broken.
>>
>>14639998
ok lets start at the start,

clutch pedal, you say there is still "feel" in it.
do you feel as if you can still get a biting point?
has the pedal risen in anyway? i.e. does it feel higher than norm?
is there still pressure when you put your foot down on the clutch? does it feel as springy or spongey?

just looked at the exploded diagram of the clutch pedal assembly, ok so its a spring loaded pedal and a hydraulic system.

i'd suggest pumping the pedal a few times to build up pressure and try first gear.

if that works its a leak in the system and probably at the slave cylinder
>>
You guys talking about the pedal are herbs. The pedal doesn't have anything to do with it being stuck in gear. Ever notice that when your car is off you can shift through the gears with no clutch?

Op Google mit's stuck in gear, it's a common issues, I think it has to do with the shift linkage. There should be info online. And for the love of god delete that photo forever
>>
>>14642210
My bad, read that wrong, though op was stuck IN gear. Still probably a shift linkage issue. Still say get rid of that picture too
>>
>>14642210
nah mate, when it comes to solving clutch/gear change issues the very first thing to be asking about is the pedal.

it rules out the simple things like a snapped cable or a leak in the hydraulics.

once those are ruled out and only then do we start asking about the middle section i.e. linkages.

if that fails we then want to know about the final part, the clutch and gearbox themselves.

start,middle,end.

start at the start, its often cheaper and easier if the fault is there.
>>
>>14642247
Yes I read the first post wrong. I thought it was stuck in gear. In which case the clutch would not be the issue
>>
File: handshake.jpg (3 MB, 3950x2633) Image search: [Google]
handshake.jpg
3 MB, 3950x2633
>>14642256
i must've been typing when you put in the second post mate.
>>
Check clutch fluid.
I have a small leak in my 91 that causes it to become hard to shift into gear, usually most gears engage fine, but when it's low on fluid it's like domino's, first its Reverse, then first, second, never let it get worse than that though.
>>
i also own a 94 1.8 miata and like feet
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.