[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so there are these 2 cars I see sitting in a driveway almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 65976074.jpg (61 KB, 531x708) Image search: [Google]
65976074.jpg
61 KB, 531x708
Okay so there are these 2 cars I see sitting in a driveway almost everyday, the house looks abandoned and the cars are rusted and the tires are flat so they've been sitting there for awhile.

Is there anything I could do to claim these or would it be weird if I at least stole the wheels from them?

>pic not related

>Also abandoned cars general I guess.
>>
Your parents must have been terrible at raising you.
>>
>>14637355
Knock on the door and ask to buy them asshole
>>
if theyve been sitting there forever, id have no problem with lifting the wheels. I would, however try to find the owner of them first and try to buy the cars first.
>>
>>14637375
I'm like 90 % sure no one lives there the house looks like shit it has holes in the roof there's a van on the side of the house that the trees grew onto but yeah I definetly would ask first If it belongs to someone.

What I'm asking is what to do if the owners are gone forever.
>>
Dude, don't want to sound mean but we're living in a time where you can get information fucking quickly.
Find out who's owning the property (maybe call the city hall people) and then contact that person and ask them.
It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>14637489
And what if there dead or something?
>>
>>14637522
If you're looking for an excuse to make you feel ok about stealing the wheels, at least wait until you know that they're long gone or dead first. I don't like people who abandon cars or let them sit forever and then say I KNOW WHAT I GOT, but you ought to check first.
>>
>>14637355
What kind of car is it? Why do you want the wheels?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 480x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 480x347
>>14638847
>says clearly "prelude" on the back
>>
File: 1414433893126.gif (892 KB, 226x200) Image search: [Google]
1414433893126.gif
892 KB, 226x200
>>14638940
>not knowing the meaning of "pic not related"
Babbies frist dai on the 4chunz
>>
File: 1429267223705.jpg (62 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1429267223705.jpg
62 KB, 480x720
>>14638940
>says pic not related clearly in the op
>>
File: wat4.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
wat4.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
>>14638940
Premature joke friend
>>
>>14637355
yes, you are legally allowed to touch or even take other peoples property if you feel they aren't using it
>>
>>14637355
IIRC, in the UK there is no way to directly claim an abandoned car.

The best you can do I report the car(s) to the local council as a "nuisance to local beauty". Assuming the council actually cares (they don't in 90% of cases) they'll uplift the car(s) and auction them off to the general public. Or just crush them, depends how they feel that day.

In America, I think you just phone up the DMV and say it's abandoned and they issue a new title to you assuming the old one is invalid.
>>
>>14639022
And google tells me I'm only partially correct.

In the UK you contact the DVLA with the details (make model colour plates) and they find the current keeper. If the car is untaxed and has no MOT, they can then put you in contact with the current keeper. The current keeper then tells you I NO WHUT I GOT and you call him a wanker 40 times. Or if he's not an asshole, he'll tell you you can have it if you pay the uplift fees.

If the keeper is unreachable, then it goes to the "nuisance to local beauty" point above.
>>
are you a darkie
>>
>>14639153
clearly not, he asked if he could steal it
>>
>>14638981
Brabbies*
>>
>>14639172
But if doesn't belong to anyone it's not stealing
>>
>>14637355
Leave a note in the mailbox that says you could take the cars away with your phone number.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.