[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am in the process of buying a 1976 Plymouth Volare. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: hnnnngggg.jpg (32 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
hnnnngggg.jpg
32 KB, 600x360
So I am in the process of buying a 1976 Plymouth Volare. I've always wanted to own one, and now I finally get a chance.

Has anyone owned one/owned something similar? What can I expect? The one I am trying to buy has only 78000 original miles. It's been taken care of fairly well.

Picture very related
>>
>>14635483
>mopar

at least it's not Ford lol
>>
>>14635483
Fucking hell, that's massive.
>>
>>14635487
The size of it ain't overall that bad. I've always preferred coupes. The sedan version of the Volare just doesn't catch my eye as much as this one does.
>>
>>14635486
>2017 - 1
>still hating on Ford
>>
Not my favorite mopar by any means, but that's a great looking example anon. Classic mopar is the way to go, enjoy your great handling thanks to your independent front torsion bars. Around that point in time the other companies were still stuck with handling parts from the 50s (excluding some gms)

Anyway what engine did you get? 318? 360? 400?
>>
File: da0.jpg (47 KB, 677x583) Image search: [Google]
da0.jpg
47 KB, 677x583
>>14635495
>>
>>14635495
>not hating on ford
dude what
>>
>>14635507
225 Slant 6. I'm rather impressed with the condition. Needs a tune-up, though.
>>
>>14635508
Well meme'd newfriend :^D
>>
>>14635511
Double dubs of TRUTH
>>
>>14635512
Yeah that's a given with its age. Likely you'll end up replacing a lot of the old gaskets and shit. Some of the mechanics from the 80s make those faggots at haggard garage look like pros.

Thinking about keeping the slant six?
>>
>>14635523
Definietely going to replace the gaskets, radiator, and alternator. Considering carb work, too.

I was planning on restoring the vehicle, and the slant six is solid as is. I wouldn't mind keeping it.
>>
File: ForYou.jpg (54 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
ForYou.jpg
54 KB, 720x368
>>14635516
;^)
>>
>>14635483
That's not that bad looking, anon. I owned a '76 sedan when I was younger. Reliable and solid performance, even with age. The 225 slant six is quite reliable if taken care of.

Best of luck to you!
>>
>>14635529
Carb work will probably be needed. How long did it spend not driving? Might need some gastank work too.

None of that Stuff is hard at least

That's a cool idea to restore it as a six, it might end up being one of the only sixes left some day.
>>
>>14635541
It's been continuously driven over the years, but recently it's been doing more sitting than driving. Owner wanted to restore, but never got around to it. Now I get a shot.

The gastank seemed fine visually and when running. Planning on using fuel system cleaner though, just to be safe.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.