[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who hates when nicely restored cars are turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: img146.jpg (229 KB, 521x768) Image search: [Google]
img146.jpg
229 KB, 521x768
Am I the only one who hates when nicely restored cars are turned into hot rods and lowriders?

Get a reproduction body or at least something rusty that needs to be fixed up.

I wish I could shoot these people and get away with it.
>>
old cars are shit in just about every possible way

Im ok with improvement
>>
the only thing that bothers me when people restore old cars is when they stick nigger wheels on them.
>>
File: Hot-Rod-Art-Car-art-1[1].jpg (274 KB, 1024x675) Image search: [Google]
Hot-Rod-Art-Car-art-1[1].jpg
274 KB, 1024x675
>>14633461
Reminder: Converting useless 20s vehicles into hot rods dates back to the 40s, is a youth culture your great grandpa may have participated in and is a more important element of Americana than the original cars.
>>
why do you care? restore a car and don't hot rod it if it bugs you so much
>>
File: 55chev45544-4[1].jpg (19 KB, 590x247) Image search: [Google]
55chev45544-4[1].jpg
19 KB, 590x247
>>14633461
yeah....it's pretty much only you.
>>
>>14633461
This desu, dudes in the 50's fucked up cars from the 30's so instead of fucking up a car from the 30's in 2016 fuck up a car from the 90's. Its like destroying a piece of history, that was around when WW2 started and was parked somewhere or was driving when Germany capitulated. Go hotrod a miata
>>
>>14636071
>want to get into hot-rodding because it seems pretty fun
>be in Yurop
fug
>>
>>14636071
True my grandfather was 17 when he rolled his first 32 ford coupe racing some other kid in his Chevy
>>
I dont have a problem with fixing up a old Model A, giving it a new coat and a modern engine but if you sawzaw the roof off to impress the local baby boomers theres a special place in hell for people like you
>>
>>14636003
Eh on some cars 20s can lucky pretty good If they got the fitment right and the ride height right but biggest I would really go for is 18s
>>
>>14636645
Nothing stopping you sticking a crate v8 in some rustbucket and heading to Pendine.
>>
>>14636682
>heading to Pendine.
not being in Britbongistan does
but in all seriousness, the main issue, other than the lack of scene for it, is there there really aren't much cars from the usual eras that are used for traditional hot-rodding.
making one from a 2CV or a Trabant could be gloriously retarded though
>>
>>14636003

Boomers, man.

...and that Chip Foose motherfucker.
>>
>>14636071

Yeah, but now unmolested 20s cars are rare as fuck
>>
>>14636720
Yea mid-20th century euro cars aren't really the ideal candidates for hotrods without popping a shell over a custom chassis.

And we're only one eurotunnel/ferry ride away.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.