[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw some jackass so far up my ass i can't see his headlights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
>tfw some jackass so far up my ass i can't see his headlights in my rearview mirror
hope you enjoy doing 30 in a 50, asshole, cause i'm not speeding up until you back off
>>
Yeah that shit annoys me too, but slowing right down is only going to aggrivate the person more and could make them do something very stupid and dangerous. It's best to either maintain the speed limit or go a bit above it and if thats not good enough for them then they can pass you when its safe
>>
>>14631744
i don't drop my speed immediately. usually i maintain whatever speed i was going and then slowly bleed my speed, maybe a mph every ten seconds or so.

if they don't get the message they're a fool
>>
>>14631754
I don't understand why people do that anyway. What are they trying to prove? If you hit the brakes and they rear ended you, their insurance company is going to have a field day
>>
>>14631788
in some states it's ALWAYS the fault of the person who rear-ended you, even if you were being an idiot and doing something like brake-checking
>>
>>14631754
Usually I downshift so that my car slows down without my brake lights showing. Scares the shit out of them and usually they back off.
>>
File: 1455863121335.jpg (1 MB, 1356x2006) Image search: [Google]
1455863121335.jpg
1 MB, 1356x2006
>not speeding up and leading him to the togue
>not beating him on the first hairpin
>>
>not just letting off the throttle til they change lanes

Seriously. Dont brake or speed up or flip them off. Get off of the throttle so you start slowing down very slowly. This will infuriate them so much so your lane wont even be an option anymore
>>
>>14631855
This is why I don't bother worrying about idiots on my bumper when I take off on a hill in my manual car. Worst case scenario I say they rear-ended me, they're way too fucking close regardless of who hit who anyway.
>>
>>14631914
Meant to quote >>14631802
>>
>>14631788

That's just how some people learn to drive. They see nothing at all wrong with being 2 feet off your bumper at 60 MPH or better.

There's places around here where you can drive for 20+ miles without ever seeing a paved road. A lot of people grow up/learn to drive there. They have no idea how to interact with other cars when they get out into a populated area. So they sit 2 feet off your bumper and never pass, or pass and then go 35 in a 50 because they're checking fields for turkeys. In short, they're morons in every respect when it comes to driving, but it's just how they learned to drive.

Then there are the complete weirdos, like the guy I found doing 65 in a 50 behind a van, and when the van turned off, proceeded to do 45 in the 50. And once I passed them, tailed me up to 90+ in that same 50 until I turned off. I don't normally go that fast, but most people will fall back above 70 and I was hoping to lose the guy....
>>
>>14631729
I do something similar, when i cant see their headlights in any of my mirrors i just step on it and leave them far behind.

It feels especially good when they try to keep up but their shitbox can't take turns as fast as my car.
>>
I like to just floor it and hear my gs400 go brap with it obnoxious catless resonatorless exhaust
>>
>engine brake and drop 10 below
>he tries to pass in another lane
>launch forward and get him stuck behind another car

toppest of all keks
>>
>>14631729
Anyone who tailgates needs to be shot.
>>
If a person tailgates me like that, I pull over at the next safe place and let them pass before continuing my journey.
>>
>>14632953
ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>14631788
I've only seen niggers, illegals, and womyn do this shit.

i.e. beings with a lower than average IQ
>>
Can you slam on your brakes really hard so that the tailgater hits you, then claim you saw a squirrel running toward the road or some other bullshit? Would it be 100% the tailgater's fault according to insurance?

I live in a no-fault state, so this obviously wouldn't apply here. I just try to ignore tailgaters.
>>
>>14633249
If they could some how prove that you broke for no reason I'd imagine you'd get punish as well.
>>
I feel like I'm the only one who likes to speed up in a sort of dare for them to keep tailgating me. I once went up to 110 mph to get a shitty chevy equinox to stop riding my ass
>>
>>14633416
You are cancer
>>
>>14633156

Confirmation bias. I see a lot of white men doing it as much as the rest of them.
>>
>>14633416
By doing this you're letting them win.
>>
>>14631788
>What are they trying to prove?
lol people who say this meaningless shit

kill yourself
>>
>>14631729
why not just stay in the slow lane?
>>
>>14633416
i did this too, until i was in my e39 m5 taking turns back form the beach at 90 and made a honda who was following me crash becasue he just slid off the road lol.
>>
>>14632863

I used to do this shit when I actually had a quick car, was stupid in retrospect but I was under 20 so why not
>>
>>14631788

>If you hit the brakes and they rear ended you, their insurance company is going to have a field day

Why are there so many people who don't drive on /o/? If you rear end someone it is always your fault, even if you have dashcam footage of them suddenly braking for no apparent reason - it will still be your fault.
>>
>>14631729
>not just doing a reverse pass
literally nothing but 15 yo faggots on this board
>>
>>14634708
nope, if you brake suddenly for no apparent reason you are in fact at fault
>>
I usually just maintain speed if I'm near or at the limit. If they go to overtake I'll gladly give the space for it.
But if I was feeling cheeky I might let em get close then turn on the rear fogs and hit the accelerator
>>
>>14634765
see
>>14634745
>literally nothing but 15 yo faggots on this board
see
>>14634708
>If you rear end someone it is always your fault, even if you have dashcam footage of them suddenly braking for no apparent reason - it will still be your fault.
>>
>>14631729
I've taken to either slowing down, or easing from side to side in the lane.
If weaving around doesn't make them back off, I do it harder until the back end steps out a bit.

Of course, I don't do it at night. The police do that around here at night to push people into breaking laws.
>>
>>14631914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgMoCap_Rlw

hopefully they don't have dash cam
>>
i was tailgated so bad once by this guy with a totally fucked up bumper and grille .. i was in the rightmost lane and driving an appropriate speed

it was awful
>>
>>14634952
>go the limit
>cop bus changes lane into mine
>slow down for new limit via engine brake
>cop bus is all up in my ass
>bus is wide enough to envelop all my rearviews at the same time
>literally cant see anything behind me

fuck those guys
>>
>>14635018
U OK HUN?
>>
>>14635069
no
>>
>>14631729
>being passive aggressive

You showed him, boy! *tips fedora*
>>
File: 1457108921910s.jpg (4 KB, 125x82) Image search: [Google]
1457108921910s.jpg
4 KB, 125x82
>>14631729
>OP can't understand pic related
>can't understand why someone would dare to be so close behind him
>OP can't intu driving, but wants to blame it on someone else
Kek, I've always wondered what goes through the minds of the people who make me pass in the wrong lane, now I know, absolutely nothing.
>>
>>14635081
>hurr every road in the world has multiple lanes because my suburban grid does
Americans.
>>
>>14631788
>implying you stop
Just last week I seen this, somebody in a nissan with a dealer tag, and somebody in a white crossover thing we're road raging it up. The Nissan brake checked and the crossover plowed in to him. The Nissan went in the median, the crossover drove on, no fucks given. Nissan tried catching back up, flipped his lights, etc. Guy in the crossover just kept going. Nissan guy pulled over and called the cops I presume.
>>
>>14635085
Oh you are on a two lane road? Then apparently this post doesn't apply to you. Sorry I didn't get here sooner to dry your tears and wipe your ass you sensitive fucking pussy. Maybe next time you can be a big boy and think for yourself instead of having something spoon fed to you.
>>
File: 1425043343054.png (32 KB, 514x352) Image search: [Google]
1425043343054.png
32 KB, 514x352
>>14635104
>makes an incorrect presumption
>is called out
>FULL DAMAGE GONTROL
>>
>>14631729
>hope you enjoy doing 30 in a 50, asshole, cause i'm not speeding up until you back off
Why stop there? Just let him pass you and at the next stop get your tire iron out and bash his tail lights.
>>
>>14635122
>damage control
Or you could say I just replied to your butthurt post. But we'll go with damage control if it makes you feel better sport.
>>
>>14635127
or rape and kill his family

He totally deserves it
>>
File: 1448608593214.jpg (888 KB, 960x2648) Image search: [Google]
1448608593214.jpg
888 KB, 960x2648
>>14631729
Man I always love these threads and the amount of edgy teenagers they tend to attract, literally noone cares that you are trying to be a dick, if anything they think you're the one being an annoying cunt.

Someone annoying you? Just move the fuck over and go on with your day, it's that simple. I don't condone tailgating but if you've got the room to move over and you don't for miles on end there's only so much one can do to drop the hint.

Honestly it's just proper driving etiquette
>>
File: 1411521567473.jpg (67 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
1411521567473.jpg
67 KB, 625x625
>>14635148
>butthurt
pic related

it wasn't my post

>>14635157
>someone is stabbing you with a knife
>just move the fuck away, jesus crist, what a whiner

I always love how some dimwits keep thinking that every time someone is punishing some tailgating cunt, it must be on a multilane road in the passing lane.
>>
>>14635219
>>someone is stabbing you with a knife
>>just move the fuck away, jesus crist, what a whiner
wow that's such a relevant analogy, completely blew me away!
>>
>>14635231
>moving the responsibility from the cause of the problem to the one who is being affected by it

ur dum
>>
>>14635157
Why is the FPV badge on a crown vic? Not even strayan'
>>
>>14634489
it usually doesn't happen on highways actually

almost always on single-lane back roads
>>
>>14631729
I just start washing my windshield until that nigga get off my ass.
>>
>>14631729
I blast my washer fluid, hold it down for 10 seconds or more. Only time I get tailgated bad is when it's a freshly detailed BMW, they always back way off
>>
>>14631729
but anon-kun, i want our convoy to be special. That's why i stay close to you.
>i wanna hold your hand
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.