[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you justify our love of cars in todays "muh economy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: iThinkOfYouInBed.jpg (195 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
iThinkOfYouInBed.jpg
195 KB, 980x552
How do you justify our love of cars in todays "muh economy, use public transport, at least go electric, motorsports are killing the nature" culture?

My go to excuse is: a freight vessel uses more fuel in one trip over the Atlantic than any of my driving will in my whole lifetime.
>>
I don't, I just ignore them.
>>
I don't justify it. I lament the wrongful accusation of, of all things, cars to be of this acclaimed major concern to environmental deterioration.
And since I'm a nobody who can't change this, I will enjoy cars for as long as I can.
>>
>>14627459
Except the freight vessel serves to carry meaningful cargo, as opposed to what your car carries on the daily.
>>
>>14627459
It's fun
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
192 KB, 1280x720
>>14627483
>meaningful cargo
tonnes and tonnes of dollar store junk
obsolete white ware
>>14627459
the pleb cars should concern you more
>>
>>14627483
your moms pussy being freighted to my house every night is meaningful cargo
>>
>>14627483
That's a little too much of a generalization, what with the millions of tons of junk that gets ferried around. Besides, there have been incredible technological advancements that would make those rolling-coal pieces of shit vastly more efficient.
>B-but muh expenses
Doesn't seem to matter when it's the general public having to pay (on their cars or otherwise). This mindset is what's wrong.
>>
>>14627503
>cherrypicking

The meaningful cargo I had in mind were shipments of crude oil, imported foods, and machine parts like the ones that make up the automation that assembled your car. And if we're going by net worth, your car is hauling only you. I'd waste fuel on shit that matters to society. As opposed to an auto enthusiast who adds to traffic commutes and endangers the lives of others.
>>
>>14627534
>the vast majority of shit being transported

>cherrypicking

Wat.
>>
>>14627459
I don't need to justify it. I like my car, I like driving it, SJWs and econut bus riders can go hang.
>>
>>14627534

All of this could be lessened if that was produced locally and not by malnourished chinks.
>>
>>14627459

>justify

See here sonny, I live in this little patch of heaven called TEXAS and if I want a coal-burning five-wheeled faggotmobile, then by god, I'm gonna have one.

I don't need to justify myself, that shit is for queers and democrats.
>>
>>14627490
/thread
>>
It's art. Period. It needs no justification.

You have to separate the car's function as a mean of transport and as an object of aesthetic joy. Right now a car is the most economically and enviromentally stupid way to transport your lardass self, in that sense the car cant be justified and the future will claim it just like it claimed the horsedrawn carriage. But you still see people racing and raising horses for the fuck of it, dont ya?
>>
Because I live in a free country. I can do what I want even if you don't want me to.
>>
>>14629083
STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

everyone sign my white house petition to make this guy famous bruh
>>
>>14627459

It's the second most if not THE most single valuable thing I own. Why the fuck wouldn't I take car of it and have an interest in it?
>>
I'm pretty sure transportation accounts for a quarter of all emissions. Old cars/performance oriented vehicles account for a small fraction of that. So, how are we the problem again? If every enthusiast died in the next five minutes, it wouldn't change anything.
>>
The damage is already done. You think we're not going to burn every last drop of fossil fuels we can squeeze out of the earth? Of course we are, it's far too late to stop it. You think we can demolish all the roads and suburb bullshit that was built and put the countryside back how it was? Good luck with that. Our ancestors gave us the world of the car, all we can do is make the most of it
>>
I don't. I'll probably just call them an ecofag or a cuck or something along the lines of.
>>
Why would I need to justify it. i want to get to point A to point B, but I cant afford modern cars and they are mostly garbage anyway, so I'm gonna go for something older but better looking. Most good things in Modern American life are gone, so I dont give a fuck about nature im going to have a car I can be goddamned happy with.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.