[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to purchase this 04 subaru forester xt with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_3084.jpg (288 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3084.jpg
288 KB, 2048x1365
I'm about to purchase this 04 subaru forester xt with a manual transmission. The guy is asking 9k but I know I can negotiate 8k with cash in hand. It had 135,867 miles. Is this a good idea to do?
>>
>>14625678
Lolheadgaskets
>>
Replaced along with the timing chain
>>
Subarus from this era are shit. They only reason people bought them was marketing.

You will have nothing but problems with this car.
>>
>>14625678
It's cool. If you have the money for potential repairs you'll be happy. It's an unreliable wrx drivetrain slapped in a crossover.
>>
>>14625806
>>14625843
This is misinformation the Subaru forester is a god machine and the only people who complain about the transmission beat their cars to shit.

However, the seller clearly KNOWS WHAT HES GOD op for that price I might not even bother talking to him on the phone.

I got my 2005 Forester for 4k they pay closing fees no trade in with the same miles. She runs like a god damn dream, DD, beach machine, highway speed, loaded with weight. Doesn't feel like a 4banger but with 4banger reliability just drive it well and it will treat you well.
>>
>>14625778
>headgaskets
>turbo model

ur a stupid darkie
>>
>>14625806
>opinion =/= reality
Kek
We get it, you don't like Subarus
>>
>>14625778
>>14625806
>>14625843
Wtf are you talking about?

Got any data or are you just spewing bs you heard in some random forum?
>>
File: car_smile.png (3 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
car_smile.png
3 MB, 4000x4000
>>14625678
Make sure timing belt was done along with proper tune up.
See what kind of suspension it's running and if it needs to be sent in for rebuild anytime soon.

Overall, sounds great. I'd aim for 7k
>>
What's the bluebook? $8k for a Subaru with 130k on it sounds like a ripoff
>>
>>14625678
Isn't that a little expensive? My dad bought his 04 Forester XT with 70.000 km for about 4500 euros.

It does look dope though.
>>
>>14626481
>We get it, you don't like Subarus
Actually I like Subarus. I like Subarus from when they actually gave a shit about making good cars which ended decades ago.

>>14627661
I owned a EJ355 car, out of 14 cars I have owned it ended up being the biggest piece of shit. The T04 catastrophically failed in under 100k miles. It loved to burn oil and coolant. The fuel economy was crap. The interior was easily damaged. The handling was unpredictable (again I like older subarus, they take a set and stabilize). All in all it was terrible. If you search for EJ255 problems you will find plenty. Subaru really stopped giving a shit in this era and started cashing in on brand equity. I don't wish a EJ255 subaru on anybody.
>>
>>14625888

>Vid related, guy also thought his fozzie was a god machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5NWcdq4Wf4
>>
>>14627743
You had some terrible EJ255 that sounds like it was abused to shit and now you think they're all bad?

searched "EJ255 problems" on google, found mostly praise.
Gtfo
>>
>>14627790
lol no. It was completely stock.

First owner was a woman that got it serviced religiously by the dealer (full receipts).

Second owner was a guy with three subarus. Used the older ones for rallyx, used the one I bought to drive to work.

If you don't search for 'I love my EJ255' you will find plenty about oil consumption, oil screens, ring lands and head gaskets.

All the Japanese companies slacked off in the 00s, why would subaru be the exception?

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/subaru-facing-lawsuit-for-not-fixing.html
>>
>>14627670
Gates timing belt kit w/ water pump, oem pistons and rings, every gasket has been changed Essentially, and a bunch of other work to make it run as a daily driver kept fairly stock besides the exhaust.
Isc n1 coilovers
>>
>>14627670
Gates timing belt kit w / water pump and all the gaskets. It has isc n1 coilovers
>>
>>14627852
>First owner was a woman
ya blew it
>>
>>14625678
Yes, that's a good deal for one with a manual. Most had the dogshit 4EAT.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.