[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I figured this would be the right board to ask this. I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: shitbox.jpg (61 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
shitbox.jpg
61 KB, 500x333
Hey I figured this would be the right board to ask this.

I am going to buy my first car soon and my plan is to buy a shit white car and then invite my friends over, get a bunch of spray paint cans and sharpies or some shit and we can all just fuck up the paint job. Would this work if I just put a clear coat afterwards or what?
>>
I aint in murrica but if i did that in new zealand the cops would probably pull me over every time they see the car, and it would work to a point, spray paint fades fast in the sun so would look like crap after a few months
>>
>>14625363
Wouldn't legal registration be really risky with the whole thing painted? if the car is registered as white and it's painted differently wouldn't that be illegal? im pretty sure it would be OK if the back was still white.
>>
>>14625454
Makes no difference in the US

What do you mean "would this work" OP? Will your car look like you and your friends fucked it up? Yes.
>>
>>14625454
In Russia you can paint a car, then come to Registarting office and reissue your car documents. It is a bit of pain in the ass, but nothing hard to do
>>
>>14625463
>Makes no difference in the US
Such is life in australia. how the hell can you guys be allowed to do this?
>>
>>14625480
How can we be allowed to paint our own possessions? Seems pretty reasonable and not surprising to me.
>>
>>14625514
Inb4 golden meme face spam
>>
For my 11th birthday my mom let me and my friends do that to her 73 Super Beetle, it was pretty cool, we didn't clear coat over it though so it looked like shit after 3 or 4 years and we ended up repainting it black. With rollers. Wish I had pictures.
>>
>>14625480
have you never ever seen one of those shit box rally shit boxes covered in a dozen different colours?
>>
>>14625560
I have, but im pretty sure it's illegal unless the back end is left unpainted
>>
Coat it with clear coat when your faggot friends are done so your car will be forever gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 565x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 565x424
>>14625568
What about iridescent paint that can be 2 or 3 different colors depending on lighting and angle?
>>14625604
I have a feeling his car is gonna have at least a few large, highly detailed veiny phalluses on it
>>
Regular spray can or brush paint will fade after a couple of years but you can easily bring it back by lightly wiping it with a piece of cloth dampened with white spirit.

For automotive paint, just use a buffer.
>>
>>14625463
I mean would our fucked up paint job stay there for a good amount of time.

I'm aware the car will look fucked up.
>>
>>14625395
That all depends on the brand of spray paint you use.

Use rustoleum and you will be fine.

I rattled canned my crx flat white and it looks okayish for an old car.
>>
File: shitbox.jpg (47 KB, 505x352) Image search: [Google]
shitbox.jpg
47 KB, 505x352
>>14625560
They actually end up looking good when an owner hires a dedicated artist to get the rattle cans out.
>>
>>14625854
Not if you use quality cans not the 4 dollar shit...

Rustoleum!!!!
>>
>>14626521
Yes it will, I have spray painted graffiti under the bonnets of many cars, so when you open the hood there is something to look at.

Just rub the paint back softly with a steel clothe until it's not shiny and get and you will be fine.
>>
>>14626942
rub the initial paint back before I spray it?
>>
>>14627086
clean and scuff so the new paint sticks
>>
Where's DanUnit with his graffati'd Plymouth minivan when you need him
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.