[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Register car with no title
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 20160227_173003.jpg (457 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
20160227_173003.jpg
457 KB, 1328x747
I have a 1986 corolla with no title I would like to get put in my name. The car has not had a title for a very long time, and i am currently located in Kansas. Is there any way to get it in my name?
>>
>>14625225
Apply for lost title at dmv.
>>
Oh it has a title
Find out where and to whom
>>
>>14625233
/thread
>>
>>14625233
Is this going to get me a title in their name? How am I supposed to prove its mine or needs to got to me
>>
>>14625245
How did you get the car?
>>
>>14625255
Picked it up from a guy for cheap. Its a rolling shell, But a clean shell
>>
>>14625225
Make friends with someone at a junkyard, rip the vin plates and stickers, and have him transfer the junkers title to you. Only do this to the same year and model.
Keep in mind that is only if the car in your possession is questionable...
Teflon knives are useful for getting stickers off undamaged.
>>
>>14625266
Where did he get it?
Did it not occur to you to ask him?
>>
>>14625277
kansas only requires dash vin and firewall vin so I wouldnt need sticker. but there are none in my area
>>
>>14625285
I did, he had it for a number of years, I back tracked the car with pictures he sent me when he was selling it. he has had it since at least 2012. And I do Have the title in my hand, I just thought it might be easier to go with it as an abandoned car or title-less car since the title has been signed all over the place.
>>
>>14625245
No, it puts the title in your name as long as the car wasn't reported stolen. I don't know the specifics for your state.

I've done this a few times, with no problems at all.
>>
>>14625287
Should you be arrested or have the vehicle otherwise seized a defaced or mismatched Vin inside the door frame is mad sketchy.
A teflon knife helps you get the Vin sticker you want off of the donor, 3M spray adhesive gets it onto the new one.
>>
>>14625297
Ran carfax on it, is that enough to show a stolen report or should i ask the police to run it
>>
>>14625296
If you have the title, just go to the fucking dmv.

Especially if you don't need the title to be notarized in Kansas.
>>
>>14625311
I Tried, The DMV fought me and said i need to go find the original owner of the title and get them to give me a new copy, The car was last registered in 1994 in California. not exactly an easy task.
>>
>>14625317
The DMV is then responsible (at least in my state) to send a letter to the person listed on the titles last known address. If there is no reply within a certain amount of days they will print you a new title.
>>
>>14625329
What state are you in? and I might try again.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.