[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the bus service in your city, benchracers? In Toronto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: TTC_Orion_VII_NG_HEV_Bus.jpg (251 KB, 1425x1125) Image search: [Google]
TTC_Orion_VII_NG_HEV_Bus.jpg
251 KB, 1425x1125
How's the bus service in your city, benchracers?

In Toronto it's pretty mediocre.
>>
>London
Shit, haven't been on one since they stopped taking cash though.
>>
>Paris
Bloody great
>>
File: justin_trudope.jpg (268 KB, 1200x922) Image search: [Google]
justin_trudope.jpg
268 KB, 1200x922
>>14624911

TTC a SHIT

>>14624943

London Ontario? LTC was dildoes for the longest time, then they went on strike for 2 months and fucked the entire UWO/Fanshawe population over. Service improved after that but it's still plebeian transit.

>>14625056

>Paris
>bloody great
>bloody

Oh you!
>>
I wouldn't know.
>>
>>14624911
>Calgary
Most buses expected to come at stops almost every 20-30 minutes but if you live in the newer areas it's quite a while like 40 minutes if you want to head near the middle of the city. LRT is pretty meh and only two train routes which is nice.
Only use transit when heading downtown.
>>
>>14625101

>because mom insists on driving me everywhere
>>
>>14624911
>califailia
i haven't rode the bus in years

from what i remember then it was shit and expensive as fuck. and god help you if you need to take the bus in SF.
>>
Burger here, what the fuck is a bus?
>>
>midwest usa

awful, for most of the day buses only run once every hour so they're not useful getting anywhere
>>
>>14624911
Also Toronto
I find it pretty reliable but maybe I'm lucky
>>
>>14625156

cuck

suck that bitter LTC dick like a good boy
>>
>>14625221
what?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I actually work for the London (UK) bus service. AMA
>>
>>14625302
Oh and I think the service is decent overall. I just hate the fact that you cant pay by cash and if your travel card is out of credit at night you cant top up until morning so you are pretty much fucked
>>
>>14625146
>>14624911
>Milwaukee
Pretty fucking rad
>>
>>14625302
How are the Volvo buses
>>
>>14625324
Volvos are ok, a bit cramped on the 2nd deck for the passengers. They are new, we received them only a few months ago
>>
>>14624911
>Edinburgh
Pretty damn good. Bastards require exact change though
>>
>>14625302
I actually drive a bus in the midwest as well. Have driven 40' purpose-built Gilligs, now mostly drive 30' commercial cutaways for paratransit. How cramped are the roads there?
>>
>>14625424
I'm not a bus driver, just a shunter (driving around the garage, parking buses), fueller, cleaner etc. But the roads are extremely narrow, the oversized buses look comical driving around on them, it's also not uncommon for a bus to scratch some parked cars or break some mirrors
>>
>rural Central California
garbage. I rode it for a year. After getting my own car, my commute went from two hours to fifteen minutes.
>>
>>14624911
>Victoria
not bad could be better
>>
I love Subaru and RWD cars so I know the bus service in my city is good
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.