[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /o/ redpill me on turbo bricks? I was going miata but living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: th-5.jpg (8 KB, 300x179) Image search: [Google]
th-5.jpg
8 KB, 300x179
Can /o/ redpill me on turbo bricks?

I was going miata but living in cali there is too much red tape surrounding turbos. These vo's came bewsted from the factory.

Is this my most viable route to live the bewst life as a poor man? Other options would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>14623387
Low pressure turbos on old engines. Forget it.

(Fitting a single large turbo of rudimentary design results in a huge amount of turbo lag, cars with factory turbos generally utilised them to make the engine a bit more powerful without losing throttle responsiveness.)
>>
>>14623387
Twin turbo it.
Keep the low boost turbo and get a bigger turbo.
change the engine packing and reroute some oil lines.
>>
>>14624388
the understatement master
>>
>redpill me

faggot
>>
>>14623387
don't, anything old and turbod will require so much fucking work it's not worth it. buy a non turbo clean brick then mod it
>>
>>14624512

CA Laws are what's holding me back. It's my understanding I can't add a turbo unless CARB (the govt program) certified. AKA mucho guapo.
>>
>>14624648

So that's why I am looking for something cheap and already bewsted.
>>
>>14624648
Honestly it doesn't stop anyone else from turboing shit. But they probably pay someone to pass them when it comes to smogging.
>>
>>14624648

>2016
>living in communist mexico

Instead of buying a car you should save your money and move.
>>
>>14624648
what does it take to get an installation certified?
>>
>>14624706
>anons tell californians to move from cali
>other anons tell them to stay in their shit state

even if we could escape you guys wouldn't want us. No matter how conservative we are
>>
>>14624715

You don't get it certified you buy one that's already approved compliant with a stamp on it. The low end Begi one for miatas was $4500. I wanted to do it on the cheap.
>>
>>14624733
I'm aware of that, but what does it take to get a home made setup certified?
>>
>>14624747

My understanding is you can't. Technically your not even supposed to alter the approved kit but from what I've read the inspections aren't that detailed to notice.
>>
>>14624767
o kurwa
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.