[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I was to describe my work travel requirements as, "drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
If I was to describe my work travel requirements as, "drive all over the Goddamn place," mainly on highways, what make/model or type of vehicle would you recommend?

Priorities are supreme reliability on the daily grind and comfort. We aren't racing. We aren't hauling shit. But we also can't be rattled around in a plastic Suzuki all day.
>>
What price range?
>>
BMW E39 530d or E60 535d.
>>
File: DSC_0094.jpg (2 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0094.jpg
2 MB, 3104x1746
>>14621281
I have discovered Volvo (v40 t5) to be pretty good on long trips. If you are in Europe have a look at the latest generation diesel Citroën C5 with hydro-pneumatic suspension.
>>
>>14621445
$10k and under. I do used.
>>
Toyota Avalon
>>
>>14621281
Buick Century. Comfortable as fuck, reliable, and alright gas mileage, especially on the highway. You can get a hell of a nice one for less than 10k.
>>
>>14621281
A Lexus.

Late model LS400 be gud.
>>
File: f12 berlinetta.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
f12 berlinetta.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>14621281
sounds like you need a grand tourer
>>
something tall
i was gonna say honda odyssey but you probably won't find a good one in your price range.. maybe a mazda 5?

vans are goat for driving around, assuming you don't care what other people think
>>
>>14621281
So, what, reliable, comfy, powerful enough for hassle-free highway travel and presumable reasonably priced? A decently-specced Camry, Accord or similar would see you right. Even something like a Kia Optima if you're buying new or nearly new.
>>
>>14621281
LS400/pre-facelift 430
Volvo S60
Panther platform
>>
Buick Verano with adaptive cruise. You can get one pretty cheap.
>>
>>14622184
I lied. You'll need to get a Mazda 3 for one of the cheapest ACC. If you would like more comfort the Cherokee can be had with ACC for a pretty low cost.
>>
>>14621281
Most businessmen who travel lots of highway miles around here drive either Volvo, Audi, BMW or Mercedes. Usually wagons, sometimes sedans. Think S60/S90, A4/A6, 3er/5er, C- or E-class.

I'd strongly adivse against Audi in the US. Don't know what happens to those, but once they cross the Atlantic, their reliability turns to shit.

>We aren't racing
You don't strike me as a BMW kind of guy.

Which leaves us with Mercedes and Volvo. You're buying used, so I'd recommend a Volvo. Try and look for an '05 and up model, the earlier ones are a bit worse in terms of reliability. They've currently got the best interiors in their class, and some of the best highway comfyness. Been in a V60 D6 AWD, that thing ran at 220kph like it was 100.
>>
File: 93164422008-cadillac-dts-2.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
93164422008-cadillac-dts-2.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14621281
buy a proper boat
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.