[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lexus SC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 24183240001_large[1].jpg (78 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
24183240001_large[1].jpg
78 KB, 575x431
Why doesn't anyone talk about the Lexus SC, particularly the first generation, on this board?
>wedge coupe design
>rear wheel drive
>3.0L I6 or 4.0L V8
>available manual until 1997
>Lexus reliability
>less than $10K
What's not to like?
>>
>>14619658
Anyone? There has to be a catch to this car.
>>
The v8 is auto only, and slow.
The I6 is available manual, but impossible to find a stock manual. Markup is 50-100% for a 5 speed. It's also slow as fuck.

The actual JDM tyte version is significantly better. You could also turbo a 2JZ-GE one, but that removes the "less than $10k" and/or "Lexus reliability" points.
>>
If you dont mind auto the V8 is awesome. I almost bought one of these years ago.
>>
>>14619658
It's simply a matter of economics. They did not sell as many sc's as comparative cars because at the time they were considered overpriced. There exist many alternatives that are more common and are better as enthusiast cars in many ways, (lighter, faster, especially cheaper). The prime example would be the miata. That is why they are not popular on /o/. However, they are truly fantastic cars in their own right. God-tier reliability, very good looks, luxurious and especially unique considering how uncommon they are. That is why I bought one. But just know you can get a similar car cheaper: the is300, gs300, infiniti g35, toyota supra mk3, etc. Which unsurprisingly are more talked about on /o/.
>>
>>14619785
>4L V8
>slow
>>
>>14619785
>>14619851
>>14620026
Thanks. This is definitely on my list if I can find a good one, and it's a big standout considering it's mostly hot hatches and unreliable BMWs so far.
>>
I test drove one and was surprised how hard the automatic transmission worked to ensure that the car had absolutely no guts at all. Despite all the power it slowly wafted up to 40mph and stayed there until reluctantly agreeing to accelerate to 60. This is with my foot firmly welded to the floor. If I'm buying a V8 coupe that guzzles 91 octane I expect a little more enthusiasm. I can see why the manual ones demand such a premium.
>>
File: jhkd.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
jhkd.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
meh they were slow but at least we got the 1uz v8. The japs got stuck with the torqueless i6, which didn't come in premium trims like we got
>>
Timing belt
>>
File: SC-crop.jpg (91 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
SC-crop.jpg
91 KB, 800x533
>>14619658

we talk about them everyday. we had like 3 SC threads a few days ago. but yea the 1uz is master race and a manual is impossible to find, gud car overall
>>
File: 5.jpg (681 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
681 KB, 1024x678
because we don't to get rice taxed

now delet this thread
>>
>>14619658
>Why doesn't anyone talk about the Lexus SC, particularly the first generation, on this board?

Dude we have like 2-3 threads a week about the Z30 SC/Soarer.
>>
>>14620155
It's not fast either. The V8 only dynos at like ~180whp. That's about as much as the 3.0L with a manual.
>>
>>14620393
Still thirsty though
>>
>>14620221
The JDM got the V8, too.

They also got the 2.5L turbo which was the most powerful and fastest Z30 ever made.
>>
>>14619658
>What's not to like?

There never made a V8 manual option.
>>
>>14620554
jdm v8 was only available until 94' iirc. They also never got the post 97' 1uz with vvti that bumped horsepower up to 290.
>>
>>14620359
pretty much this. The SC is the last JDM chassis with out accumulated drifto/jdmtyte tax. And I dont think thats gonna last long since im noticing more of them at local drift events. Rip affordable nip skidboxes.
>>
maybe because 3 redcoat think that the sc430 is the worst car ever.
>>
Hello Op, i thought ID share my time.

Ive owned 2 SCs, 1 V8 with the airsuspension autotragic, and one with the 1JZ.

Both Werke really nice to drive, but AS other anons habe said, they are heavy and the auto dies Suck.

But, its excellent auto v8 for VIP style cruusing all thise lebs do.. Drive the Speer limit, rev the engine, wave at the underage girls you want to rape.

The turbo i6, mich more fünf, can solide it, cut dick nuts, and its quite enjoyable.

However, weight. My brother Bad a 3sgte st185 manual, not a gtfour, justva 3s turbo swapped with a Camry 5 Speer.. And in the drags, the celica can keep up, even nose ahead, til about 120-130 then the Soarer would pull it back, and eat 180kmh ID be legt. Never got around to removing the Speer limited.

Anyway, great cars, great reliability, great to work in, look cool, plenty oft parts. But, i live in Aus so i can only speak for our market.
>>
>>14620992

Holy shit. Did you type this with your thumbs on your phone?
>>
>>14620957
Nobody cares about the Z40. Not yet anyway.

It lacked the style of the Z30 and it made less power. The only significant update it ever got in its decade-long run was going from a 5sp auto to a 6sp auto.
>>
>>14621129
Yeah i used my thumbs on my phone.

But im also using autocorrect and my keyboard is in Deutsch, so, yeah..
>>
Fat and slow, nice grand tourer though.
>>
>>14619658
>Why doesn't anyone talk about the Lexus SC, particularly the first generation, on this board?

Because you are too much of a newfag to realize that we have at least one thread about it on a weekly bases.

Also, the car is slow and underpowered in relation to its weight. It's not much of a "sportscar." They're nice to go cruising around in, bu there are better options for carving up the track or laying down some monster ETs.
>>
The 2nd gen SC won "Top Gear Worst Car In The History Of The World".
>>
File: images (15).jpg (25 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
25 KB, 471x312
>pigfat sc300
>not glorius gz20 soarer with a 1JZ
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.