[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can automatic braking be put on cars with manual transmissions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Can automatic braking be put on cars with manual transmissions?
>>
>automatic braking

... huh?
>>
>>14618950
not sure if b8 or retarded...
why the fuck not? It is completely independent of the transmission.
>>
>>14618957
A lot of new cars brake for you if you're not paying attention to the road. It's some safety feature
>>
>>14618950
Probably not. Unless the clutch can be overrided and controlled electronically.

This is going to cause the manual to be relegated to base model trims even more than it already is.
>>
>>14618969
People driving manual cars actually pay attention though, so it's not needed
>>
>>14618964
It'll stall unless the clutch is engaged. The car stalling wouldn't be that good in the middle of the road. Could be rough on the transmission I imagine as well.
>>
>>14618987
What if it becomes mandatory on all new cars

H-h-hold me, /o/ ;_;
>>
Automatic braking is generally a luxury feature as of now.
And most luxury cars are automatic anyway.
>>
>>14619098
It's trickling down to other cars now and people are wanting it to be standard on all new cars
>>
>>14619098
>>14619169
The new subarus already have it in the higher trims.
>>
>>14619098
I think it comes standard in new VW's now
>>
>>14619092
I doubt manuals will exist when this becomes standard on all cars
>>
Couldn't an actuator be put into the clutch system to prevent the stall, like the one that's applying the brakes?
>>
Pretty sure there are a lot of manuals with that feature... Even a VW Up can be specced with that shit.
>>
It'll press the clutch as well as the brakes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.