[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is your car your most valuable asset?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 04i1ZbC.jpg (553 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
04i1ZbC.jpg
553 KB, 1600x1066
Is your automobile the most expensive thing you own? (Or financed and paying for?)

Bank owns my home, but own all vehicles... yet I have individual firearms and a guitar that exceed $12,000. More than my car and truck combined.

How bout you guys? Got any boats? Or desert/forest toys?
>>
>>14618877
My bank account. Parents own the car I drive but it's only worth ~3k.
>>
>>14618877
no not even by a close bit AND THATS THE SAD PART

PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE THIS AND TRY TO COMPETE
>>
I have a gun that cost more than ONE of my vehicles...
>>
>3500 dollar car
>4200 dollar computer
>>
>>14618877
>bought my car for $500
>payed $750 for pic related
>>
>>14619193
>forgets to post pic related
Fuck my life.

But my build looks like that, although it's a phospate coated barrel and a Bushnell TRS-25, Magpul foregrip with magpul pop up backups. I'm running Hexmag 10/30's, and I purchased standard length springs which I keep in the non-descript case in the car. If shit hits the fan, the 10's become 30's, and the bullet button comes off.
>>
>>14618877
Single material thing, yeah, not counting the contents of my bank account. the sum of all my other possessions would come to a fair bit more than my car, though.
>>
My Miats is worth about $4K, so it's less valuable than my home stereo.
>>
>$40,000 muscle car
>$15,000 daily driver
>live with parents
>>
>>14619180
>Paying four grand for something that'll be scrapped in a few years
>>
>>14619450
>this applies directly to vehicles as well
As a little note, if I ever have to actually scrap this computer then society will be super fucking advanced.
>>
>>14619459
I used to collect computers when I was a teenager. It was hilarious seeing stuff that cost $10,000 in 1990 that someone would pay me to haul away in 2000.
>>
>>14619465
The difference is those computers weren't even "fast" for their time, fast at the time took 5-10 minutes to do computations.

I'm sitting with a computer that does computing in less than a second. Can render 4k video and real time animation.

Which isn't even the standard yet. Most of the stuff on this computer I picked by hand and built because of planning ahead for the next 6-8 years with how shit is currently going.
>>
>>14619484

Dude, accept it. Your shit will be worthless in a few years. You'd be better off building a $5K computer every couple years that buying some memestrosity. Not even cars depreciate that fast.
>>
>>14619524
>buying some memestrosity.
I built this computer, each piece was picked and purchased in person, you cow. It wasn't some shelf premade like your shitty alienware garbage.
>>
>>14619524
That whole thing about computing power accelerating on an exponential scale appears to not be happening in the last few years, so he could actually be right about his computer holding its usefulness for longer than you expect.

On the other hand, it's still susceptible to damage if all kinds and could eventually get totaled anyway, but same with a car.
>>
>>14619530
Spending 4k on a computer is pointless. You'd be better off building 2 awesome $2100 computers every 3 years.
>>
>>14619569
Yea not with the way things are currently working, unless glass picks up over silicon, or quantum computing somehow takes flight and becomes commercial the last batch of hardware released on all sides will pretty much be as good as we get.

10nm cpus and 14nm gpus are as small as its going to really get. after that there is little to no physical room left for improvement.
>>
>>14619530
Yeah, and you still spent more than a car on a pile of parts that'll be on clearance at Newegg in a few months, and worth about $500 in a few years. Spending money on computers is flushing money down the toilet unless you work professionally in 3D rendering or development and need it for your income.

I built my own PC for under a grand and it's fine because I don't feel the need to masturbate to what /g/ says about MAH RIG.
>>
No but its the thing i care most about
>>
>>14620246
I actually built mine around the field I'm working towards.
>>
>>14620347

Playing League all day long isn't working towards being a game designer.
>>
File: final render.jpg (1004 KB, 3000x3600) Image search: [Google]
final render.jpg
1004 KB, 3000x3600
>>14620390
I do 3D modeling, still new though.
>>
>>14620397
Decent, bet you can't make Cloud's buster sword though
>>
>>14618877
>Is your automobile the most expensive thing you own?
Nope, that would be actual land, and probably always will be

When my wife and I fully inherited the land owned by our respective families I'm actually gonna have to spend some serious time figuring out what the fuck to do with all of it
>>
>>14620397
Thats actually fairly impressive, good for you anon
>>
i own my my house and both my cars. im smart and dont pay for things i cant afford. not a slave to usury either. straight cash on all purchases. but 70k down on my house was best i could muster.
>>
>>14620403
Yes, the link you followed is mine.

>>14620421
Thanks you.
>>
>>14620419

kill yourself
>>
>>14620482
why the anger anon?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.