[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subaru WRX Tuning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I'm going to preface this by saying that I don't know shit about cars mechanically. I like driving them, and I'm making enough money now that I can get my first fun car. I've been looking really hard at the Subaru WRX's (STi is a bit out of my price range). I found a pretty sweet 2015 with 15,000 on it for a decent price that I'm going to go look at this weekend. My question is how far can you tune a base model WRX? I know you can do stage 2 on them with no problem, but if you start getting into putting bigger turbos on them are you just asking for trouble? I don't want to blow my car up.

tl;dr How much can I tune a WRX before it reaches it's limits without drastically overhauling the whole engine.

Pic is the car im looking at.
>>
Should have bought a crosstrek
>>
cvt or manual?
>>
>>14618560
Manual
>>
File: 15-WRX-interior-1.jpg (152 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
15-WRX-interior-1.jpg
152 KB, 1024x682
bumpin
>>
Anyone?
>>
you're better off lurking a wrx forum or two.
>>
>>14618510
Your the start of every "I blew my Subaru up" joke...

Read up on the forumns before you try. Subarus are the great to fuck with unless you know what your doing.
>>
>>14618510
>doesn't know anything about cars
>wants a sporty car
Shut up and buy a cheap civic
>>
>>14618713
>>14620473
These. You'll get more of the info you're seeking than on /o/.
>>
>>14618510
Any bolt-on is going to need a tune afterwards, otherwise the ECU doesn't know what to do with the extra air.
Before you get into bigger turbos you'll need an intercooler and probably forged internals depending on hp goals.
this is based On the old EJ motors tho, not sure about the FAs
>>
>>14618510
Hint: Stage anything without a brand makes you sound like a retard. Stage 2 what? Stage 2 tune from Bubba's dyno and catfish shack?
>>
>>14618510
Don't take it to the limit, do your homework and do basic modifications yourself one step at a time as you feel comfortable doing them.

If you're aiming for 400+awhp be prepared to get forged everything.
>>
>>14620506
You won't get close to 400 without forged parts senpai.

Not for long at least. 325+ and your driving a time bomb. They've been known to grenade at 300 whp when driven hard.
>>
>>14618510
A wrx is very expensive to mod. You have to get a tune for literally everything. It's not your typical car at all. You have to get a pro tune as well since access port maps will blow the engine. Basically anything after stage 2.5 the car will be less reliable than factory. There's a Google page about the modification path for subarus. Maybe you should stop being lazy and do some research.

Source: I own a 2005 STI stage 6
>>
>>14618510
BTW protunes are $500 so unless you're rich you have to horde a bunch of parts and install,them all at once. You can't do an intake and then a few weeks later an exhaust
>>
>>14622264
Mines 7. Super stage some call it. Others just don't know what to think anymore.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.