[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ram air kits & Cold air intakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Foxbody mustang Ram air kit.jpg (10 KB, 296x170) Image search: [Google]
Foxbody mustang Ram air kit.jpg
10 KB, 296x170
What do you guys think about Ram air kits compared to a typical cold air intake?
Which one do you prefer ?
What brand should i go with?

Discuss.
>>
Pray to God you don't hit a small puddle in that lol
>>
>>14618402
Risk of hydrolocking makes it unattractive for a DD.
>>
>>14618402
Foxes already draw from the fenderwell.
>>
>>14618402
op here, i'm in western Washington where there are MANY puddles, maybe ill go with a a cold air intake
>>
>>14618402
bumps and road debry would make it unviable.

maybe if mounted on top of the roof, or the bonnet.
>>
>>14618436
Keep your air box. No hot air intake needed.
>>
>>14618402
WHY
>>14618483
This, the bigger concern is the intake manifold.
>>
>>14618436
If your car was made after the 80s, the chances are that the factory airbox is already a cold air intake, since they usually have funnels that pull air from the outside.

Most aftermarket intakes are just pipes with a cone filter and just sit and suck air from the hot engine bay.
>>
>People actually buy into the CAI meme
Unless you're pulling air from outside the engine bay you're just making your car worse by installing one.
Throttle response MIGHT improve, but that's just because the distance from the end of the pipe to the intake manifold is shorter.
>>
>>14618543
>Unless you're pulling air from outside the engine bay
That's exactly what the pic in OP does.
>>
>>14618428
so ram air intakes are a no go? alright then i guess ill just tuck a cold air intake back into the fender.
>>
File: 20160310_151356.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160310_151356.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>14618596
This is what the previous owner installed
>>
>>14618651
Is this an ex SSP notch, or did he just buy the hoses?
>>
>>14618428
You're full of shit. I've gone through a car wash in a ram-air GTO before heading to the track. No problems.
>>
>>14618651
Nice hot air intake.
>>
>>14618409
Water going in the intake wont really affect the engine unless it's like a garden hose spraying directly in there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSSSosql1zc
>>
>>14618831
>haggard

underage b&
>>
>>14618845
No I turned 18 in February.
>>
>>14618751
i know i need to tuck it away.

>>14618659 not sure what ex ssp notch is?
>>
>>14618402
Stick with the stock one. I mean my ls400 has a ram air intake. Well it's right behind the grill.
>>
>>14618992
It means an ex police car coupe.
>>
On any car made in the past 25 years, there will be no discernible power gain from replacing the factory airbox and ducting. In many applications, putting a "ram-air"/"cold air" intake will actually increase air intake temps and measurably reduce power.

The only advantage is better vroom noises.

The only advantage
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.