[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Used car advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Mazda_323F_front_20081127.jpg (616 KB, 2460x1488) Image search: [Google]
Mazda_323F_front_20081127.jpg
616 KB, 2460x1488
So basically I have to get a reliable car for my compulsory year of social service and getting about in general. I'll be driving about 200km a day, 5 days a week in all kinds of conditions (it rarely snows where I live, but it may happen) for work alone, and on the weekends shorter distances to friend's places etc.

I'm not looking for fun, speed or sporty handling. I need a relatively cheap car that doesn't look like complete shit, is cheap to ensure and gets decent gas mileage. Reliability is also a big thing for me.

My budget is about 2500 - 3000€. I know this is not a lot, but it's all I've got. are there any cars you can recommend to me?

Yes, I've read the chart, it's very much outdated, especially since I live in Austria.

I've been looking at Mazdas recently, specifically the 323 BJ (98-03). Are these any good?

any help/tips would be much appreciated
>>
VW Golf 4, I think you can get.
>>
>>14617705
I could, but with my budget I can only get the 1.4l Petrol, which is supposed to be really unreliable.
>>
File: 1371110874532.png (4 KB, 357x349) Image search: [Google]
1371110874532.png
4 KB, 357x349
>>14617674

I was gonna say check out Vauxhalls but they're Opels on the Continent. They maybe mundane but they'll get you from A to B with no fuss.

Astra Gs and Hs are good enough to compete with the 323
>>
File: fabia.jpg (272 KB, 1737x1185) Image search: [Google]
fabia.jpg
272 KB, 1737x1185
>>14617674

Fabia 1 meets the criteria
>>
>>14617861
I've looked at these aswell. how are they for reliability? I'm imagining pretty good since they use VW engines
>>
>>14617674
Remember, you're in Austria, so don't get a Mazda because it'll rust away.
>>
>>14617879

Driven skodas all my life, its a family thing haha. Felcia, Fabia and currently a Yeti.

The Fabia is very reliable, some people say they are more reliable than VWs, I don't know why.
>>
>>14617889
I'll be looking into Skodas then, thanks for the tip
>>
>>14617889
That's funny volkswagen is garbage at least in the United states it is
>>
>>14617674
Škoda diesel, specifically first gen Octavia
Seriously, it's super reliable but it's also a super boring car so it fits your criteria
>>
maybe a civic/corsa/micra?
>>
1 gen kia picantos are supposed to be very sturdy and cheap
>>
>>14617934
Civics are rally expensive for what they do, diesels aren't really available and the gas mileage on the petrol ones isn't great.

corsas and micras just look like utter shit
>>
File: seat ibiza.jpg (57 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
seat ibiza.jpg
57 KB, 800x535
2003 Seat Ibiza breh
>>
>>14617674
suzuki swift

cheap, reliable, 3 cyclinder 1l so sips fuel
>>
Considering your daily commute, the most economical way of going about this (outside of driving a 500€ beater) is probably a diesel. You'll probably be looking at VAG vehicles, the cheapest being Skodas and Seats. The aforementioned Fabia is a good place to start.

Opel is also an option, but I'm wary of anything built by them before 2010 or so. Quality was pretty bad in the '90s and early '00s.

If you decide to go for a Mazda, take your time and thorougly inspect it for rust. Mazdas that are old enough to be in your price range might come with a couple of holes.

Toyotas are also nice, but they hold their value fairly well, so most cars below 3000€ will either be Aygos, really old, or really worn down. Also not many diesels.
>>
honda jazz
>>
>>14617674
If you can get a Twingo, Civic, or Corolla, then do so.
>>
>>14617732
I don't think it's supposed to be unreliable, it's probably just poorly designed
>>
>>14618002
there's the ultra-economical 3cyl, as well as a slightly more peppy 4cyl here
>>
File: TOYOTACorollaSedan-3588_1.jpg (545 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
TOYOTACorollaSedan-3588_1.jpg
545 KB, 800x600
>>14617674
Get a 1.6L Toyota Corolla. 40 million corollas in the world, so parts are cheap. 34+ mpg with a manual transmission.

There's a reason they're the number 1 car in the world. Cheap, simple and reliable.
>>
>>14618276

Yuro car parts are actually cheaper in Yurop, even for old cars.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.