[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kay, I have to go to traffic court the 23rd. I chose court because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: SPEEDING-SHOT1.jpg (31 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
SPEEDING-SHOT1.jpg
31 KB, 534x401
kay, I have to go to traffic court the 23rd. I chose court because I couldn't afford my ticket.

I got a $280 ticket for going 72 in a 45. I also got a warning for launching from a red light and causing my tires to squeal.

My question is, what do I do? I've never been to court before. My only record is one other speeding ticket almost a year and a half ago. I don't have a defense because I was caught red handed speeding and hooning my car around town by the officer.

I don't have $280 to pay for a ticket. At the most I could pay $100. I don't know what to do, what to say or how court even works. Please help. I'm in Florida, duval county btw.
>>
Tell them you had to take a shit. Works everytime.
>>
Go take a DMV approved driver improvement course, either through the DMV or driver education school.

Probably the only thing that'll get the judge to give you some leniency.
>>
Lol. I almost got caught going 132 in a 65 in my mini. But the engine blew out before they could catch me because red lining in 6th gear is great for the engine.
>>
>>14610205
If it's your first court date ask for an extension as you're trying to register for a driving class. Do this a few times, register for the class, show up on your eventual court date that has been drug out several times.

Officer probably won't show up, you should of been to your class by now, and you have the convenient excuse of you were about to shit your pants that day.

You should get reduced from reckless, probably will have to settle for a lesser speeding charge and a few points on your license. If you can get it down to improper operation of equipment that'd be best, some states allow the excuse your speedometer wasn't properly calibrated as well (but this has to be documented).
>>
>>14610577
do this. ask for extensions and rescheduled until they won't let you.

save the money for it then.
>>
File: Sheriff.png (82 KB, 320x377) Image search: [Google]
Sheriff.png
82 KB, 320x377
>>14610205
>duval county btw

Dugal county, GA?

Well hale! You let this bumfuck catch ye?
>>
>>14610211
Hobestly OP try this. It sounds retarded but remember, you're only human, and when you gotta go you gotta go
>>
File: bannedincanada.jpg (83 KB, 550x382) Image search: [Google]
bannedincanada.jpg
83 KB, 550x382
>>14610205
Go to court, plead guilty, ask for supervision.

Depends on the county, you may pay a smaller fine, or larger fine, but it wont go on your record.

If you cant afford, ask the judge to extend the deadline. Sometimes you may need to back to court before the first deadline is due to ask for the extension.

Depending on county, and how they handle cases, try to reschedule the court date as last minute as you can.
The officer has to be present, or the ticket is automatically dropped.

In some cases the cop wont show up at all, some times each cop has that one day per month when they go to court and sit there for 10 hours and handle all their cases.

if you reschedule, you may get another date when all the cops show up, or you may get some random date and the cop wont be there.

Usually you can get two extensions, so start saving money.

a good judge may drop the speeding ticket down to a lower tier so you pay less of a fine.

this depends from county to county. try your local town reddit section, those can be helpful.
>>
>>14610498
Whats its like speeding that fast? The fastest iver ever went was 90 and the steering wheel is shaking slightly left and right which sacred the shit out of me
>>
How did you get caught? I was paced on my first ticket and I brought up that the officer didn't use radar or lidar and she let me go because the officer couldn't prove I was speeding without reasonable doubt
>>
File: 1457292771660.jpg (48 KB, 925x583) Image search: [Google]
1457292771660.jpg
48 KB, 925x583
>>14610205
At court you will speak with a representative of the state.

You can either:

1. Say "Hey guy I need an extension on this fee because Im poor" and they will give you a couple extra weeks to come up with the money.

2. say "hey fuck you guy and fuck your fat wife, I cant afford to pay" In which case they will offer to commute the fine to community service. You will get paid 12 - 15 dollars an hour to be used towards the traffic ticket. If you still refuse they will put the ticket into collections, if youre lucky, and then youre fucked.

Youre not getting out of a ticket like that just for showing up.

Next time dont be a fucking dumbass.

Source: was a teenager once, grew up.
>>
>>14610498
>blowing your engine at 100+ in a mini
I wish I had a reaction image for that
>>
>>14611978

as long as its not in your shitbox but a modern car its pretty smooth. 60 feels like 110 in my 2011 camry, like for real. Only difference is wind noise
>>
File: fuckin idiot.jpg (27 KB, 480x443) Image search: [Google]
fuckin idiot.jpg
27 KB, 480x443
>>14612093

something with a small engine and small wheels?

> look at name of pic
>>
>>14610205
Lol I'm in Jacksonville too. Where'd you get caught?
>>
>>14612096
Im driving a 2006 matrix. Guess it really a shitbox
>>
How about you quit playing fast and furious and obey traffic laws or be prepared to pay.
Dumbass
>>
>>14610205
You are not getting a paycheck by the 23rd (2 weeks)?
>>
>>14612100
>look at name of pic
Im not the one that bought a mini
>>
>>14612111
it's ok to break laws if you can pay?
>>
Why are you going 72 in a 45?

Pay the ticket. Also, its only $280 and more than enough time to make that much even if you only have a minimum wage part time job.

Your whole post screams 16 year old.
>>
>>14610205
They don't give a shit that you don't have the money. All the judge will do is laugh and put you on a payment plan, so that you pay the ticket off in monthly payments

If you had 100 dollars, you SHOULD have hired a traffic lawyer and just got the ticket thrown out.

Since you didn't, and sounds like you got busted red handed, then you can either ask fro an extensions to drag it out until they don't care, or plead guilty and ask if you can take a driver safety course for a reduction of the ticket
>>
>>14610211
>>14610699
Dubs don't lie
>>
>>14610762
That's not true in most places anymore for traffic violations.
>>
>>14612234
Of course.

With enough money you can even get away with murder
>>
>>14610205
>got caught doing 160km/h in a 100km/h zone
>cop lowered it to 125 since it was my first offence and the road was completely dead
>$400 fine and 1 month licence suspension

Honestly, the only reason I was speed was because I wanted to test fuel efficient at different speeds.
>>
Just find the cop who ticketed you and fuck him up to the point he drops the charges, works every time
>>
File extensions
Untill the cop gets lazy or doesn't show up.
You would be surprised how often they don't show
>>
>>14612893
which part? i've used that method to get rid of 2 speeding tickets, and 1 moving violation.

reschedual, cop doesnt show up. works in chicago.
>>
>>14610205
Expect the fine to go up for wasting court time plus add in court feed. You screwed up and if you can't afford to pay for it then you can't afford to drive. I sell your car.
>>
>>14612143
Most people with proper jobs are paid on the last working day of the month or the last working Friday, October only McJobs pay weekly. Then again most people with proper jobs have enough spare cash to pay the fine.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.