[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do they do this /o/? Are they legit? They must be increasing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: literally just an ecu remap.png (291 KB, 591x441) Image search: [Google]
literally just an ecu remap.png
291 KB, 591x441
How do they do this /o/?

Are they legit?

They must be increasing boost levels via the ECU as well, r-right?

They have more remaps available than any other tuner I've ever seen, and they seemingly are capable of increasing power by considerable levels on any car, even non-turbo.
>>
its bullshit, dont take the b8
>>
File: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.png (29 KB, 494x323) Image search: [Google]
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.png
29 KB, 494x323
STAGE 1

STAGE 1 (ONE)

FIRST LEVEL OF POWER ENHANCEMENT

ON A HONDA

HONDA CIVIC

2.2 TURBO DIESEL

THIS IS BULLSHIT RIGHT?
>>
File: he drag races a type r and wins.png (107 KB, 495x481) Image search: [Google]
he drag races a type r and wins.png
107 KB, 495x481
>>14609599
Their stage 3 for this car requires an 'uprated' turbo so it seems that they increase boost too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYE7MY-WHCI

>that graph
>>
>>14609603
So is it really snake oil?
>>
Babbies first ecu tune
>>
At the crank, idiot.
>>
>>14609596
Not sure what engine is in the M6, but it's pretty well known you can take the BMW N54, change the downpipe and add a tune to get 400whp (+100hp over the 300hp stock it comes with in a 2010 135i).

Generally you don't want to to run an engine or components near their peak output to ensure reliability.
>>
>>14611248
I know it's at the crank faggot

>>14611330
So the turbo wastegate is controlled by the ECU?
For some reason I assumed that you aren't able to adjust boost pressure without going under the hood and replacing components.

Still seems difficult to comprehend how they get more or less 10% extra power out of NA cars.
>>
>>14612851
Because you're an idiot, nutsack.
>>
>>14612933
Stop being rude or I'll have to eradicate you.
>>
>>14612942
I'll poison your tendies.
>>
>>14612851
Turbo wastegates vary by manufacturer, but in general they can hold more than stock boost, but less than what you would find ideal if you were adding an aftermarket turbo.
>>
>>14609596
Depends on the car, but normally a >25% increase means new headers, intake, exhaust, reinforced clutch, etc.
>>
>>14609603

not really. pretty common.
>>
factory tunes are conservative af
>>
File: ssssss5.png (22 KB, 347x253) Image search: [Google]
ssssss5.png
22 KB, 347x253
>>14612961
tfw I don't even eat tendies

>>14612988
Right. For some reason I thought the wastegate actuator functioned on its own without any direct control from the ECU, apart from for monitoring purposes.
That's why I was confused by a 'remap' increasing power like this, but now it makes sense since it involves turbo sarin gas generation.

Also, this one is bretty cool too.

They recommend upgraded injectors.
>>
>>14613194
If you add an injector and big turbo, you can take a Fiesta ST up to 375whp/330tq on the stock block, engine internals, and clutch reliably.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.