[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Honda/Acura NSX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>Base price: $168,000
>A new Porsche 911 Turbo is $159,200.00
>Honda
>>
>>14609469
>the better car is worth more
What exactly are you trying to bring to our attention?
>>
File: r8.jpg (56 KB, 626x382) Image search: [Google]
r8.jpg
56 KB, 626x382
>>14609469
>lighter
>more power
>$162k
>>
>>14609469
>>14609501
The Honda is more advanced though, it's a hybrid supercar unlike the R8 and 911 with conventional engines. NSX customers are paying for a look into the future of the sports car.
>>
>>14609563
>hybrid
it's a fucking supercar, why hybrid? Honda is going to take it in the ass on this one.

>expensive
>slow
>Honda brand name
Good luck selling that shit.

The original NSX worked because:
1) it just fucking worked
2) sexy
3) good driving car
4) cheaper than the others
>>
File: salty.jpg (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
151 KB, 500x500
>>14609580
>it's a fucking supercar, why hybrid?
Why not? Because you don't like it?
>The original NSX worked because all this subjective tripe I'm spouting
Cool story.
>>
>>14609580
you forgot the Senna name was attached to the original too. that brought the F1 fans to buy one.
>>
>>14609563
>more advanced
if advanced doesnt make it go faster whats the fucking point of advancing? Emissions on a supercar?
>>
>>14609580
>naen eighteen
>Konnigobongo Regera
>TheFerrariTheFerrari
>PeeeWun

Hybrids are gay guys, Honda fucked up
>>
>>14609580
The original also had fancy tech and exotic materials like an all aluminum monocoque and titanium conrods
>>
>honda
acura nigga. makes pussies pop
>>
>>14609580
>The original NSX worked because:
>1) it just fucking worked
And the new NSX doesn't work because?
>2) sexy
Subjective.
>3) good driving car
You have not driven it and there are few that have. This is a meaningless point of comparison.
>4) cheaper than the others
The new NSX isn't all that much more expensive than the competition. It's about 10k up from the R8, with FOUR, yes FOUR INDIVIDUAL ENGINES and new materials never before used in a car. I think for that this price the NSX is quite reasonable vs the R8 for example.
>>
>>14609469
It's a progressive car targeted at people who are interested in an experimental sports car.
I personally wouldn't buy it because I live for the roar and cry of an engine and I want something that can stop on a dime and handle like its on rails.
I don't care if it is pushing the idea of the car forward and I don't care about gas mileage. Plus I don't think it looks that good.
Ultimately it's a car not meant for people on this board. Its more meant for the upper class hipster public, not the car enthusiasts.
>>
>>14609469
>debating the better value of two cars you can't even afford
>>
>>14609469
IDK.
Leno loved it. Said in his video it seemed like it was built to be driven hard regularly without issue. It wouldn't have to be the fastest thing ever for me to be happy if I could drive it to its potential all the time without repercussions.
>>
>>14610191
'91 NSX - $60,600
'91 Corvette ZR1 - $64,000
'91 964 Turbo - $105,191
'91 348tb $122,000
>>
>>14609469
My only problem is it doesn't have vtec and it's too heavy
>>
>>14610396
I was looking at Michelle's butt the entire time she was in the frame tbqh
>>
>>14610686
While he was in the garage I got a kick out of "engineer" guy's face when Jay started getting closer to the technical and design points, fighting panic as he scrambled to find the right marketing centered words to please his overlords.

Still, it looks fuckin' neat. Can't wait to see how it works out. Maybe one day. Should be at a point in life to finally buy the car(s) I want instead of the one I NEED in the next 5-10 years..
>>
I saw an NSX in the wild. Shit was out in Mecca, CA by the Salton Sea. Thought it was a McClaren in my rear-view, but the badge was Acura. Didn't know they were out already.

Looked like a generic supercar.
>>
>>14611212
I did notice his choice of words sounded like what the marketing team wants him to say how everything was up to competition level... while staring at Michelle's butt lol
>>
>>14610191
Sexy is subjective, but I hated the way the designer in Jay Leno's Garage stated that it would already be a timeless design. IMO it will definitely not be timeless, but instead a stereotypical display of 2010's car design. Timeless is a earned merit and unlike the original NSX this is highly unlikely to earn it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.