[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>so i found an ad for a Mazda rx7. I talked to the owner.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 506364_3_t.jpg (2 KB, 80x59) Image search: [Google]
506364_3_t.jpg
2 KB, 80x59
>so i found an ad for a Mazda rx7.

I talked to the owner. He showed me the car and basically everything I needed to know. Turns out it is in perfect condition and he has not modified it in the least bit. He is offering it for 23.300 euros.

Here is my dilemma.

At the same time I saw the rx7 ad I also saw an mk1 1991 Miata for just about 4.000 euros. I have not spoken to the Miata's owner and the photos don't show anything that indicates that it is badly treated.

So what do I do guys?

Do I go for my dream car (rx7)? or do I go for a cheaper, more fun (from what I've heard) car?
>>
>Miata
>More fun that an RX7
You need to stop taking car advice from poorfags that haven't even driven the competition.
>>
Why not just buy a Rx8? Faster, cheaper, prettier
>>
>>14605348
>buy an rx8
Not a fan of it
>>
>>14605333
Rx-7 if you can take good care of it
>>
>>14605333

where the fuck in europe do you live, 23k euros is a lot even for an FD, and 4k for an MX-5 NA is more reasonable but still a little high unless it is in great condition, especially at this time of year
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 431x450
>>14605348
>rx8 faster than an FD
Oh wow look at you
>>
>>14605528
23k is fine if its rebuilt with low miles sorry your currency is depreciating
>>
>>14605348
wew lad
>>
>>14605348
>RX-8
>Faster,
No

>cheaper,
Yes

>prettier
No
>>
>>14605472
>>14605678
>>14605743
>>14605798

As if you would know, bus rider faggots. I owned both, and while the fd is a cute dd, nothing more, the rx8 is superior in every way.
>>
23k euro for an FD? STOCK?

Massive waste of money. For that price I'd expect a very nice single turbo conversion, water/meth injection, all bushings/steering/suspension components replaced, and recently rebuilt.
>>
>>14606282
Prove it, faggot.

The FD is one of the greatest sports cars ever made. It out performed the porsches and ferraris of its time. The RX-8 is a good car, but it has nothing on the FD except practicality.
>>
I'd get the RX7

Depends what year rx7. I assume 93+ for that kind of money.

I own a two first gen 7s, i dont know all of the niche things on the fd. But in general the cars need a bit of attention.

The miata chassis doesn't have anything on the fd.

However the miata might be a bit more reliable if its been taken care of. If you want to learn to wrench or have money to have it fixed (some shops dont know wtf they are doing with rotaries so not everywhere can do engine work) then the 7 is a great buy.

miata-
is cheap
big aftermarket
maybe more reliable
convertibles leak
not much power left (engine power ceiling isn't very high ~250hp)

rx7-
repairs can be costly if done at a shop
rotaries are easy as fuck to work on yourself, tons of literature and guides online
big aftermarket
power can be made with a port and bigger turbo relavily easily
>>
>>14606317
If the car is mint its worth it.

>>14606282
what makes the FD special also makes it great, what makes the rx8 special is also the weakest link.

the renasis is a POS, and thats widely accepted even amongst the rotary community. The chassis of the rx8 is great, no argument. But the engine is shit. Im not a fan of the styling either.

8 is pig fat and ugly. The FD is a much more raced chassis which means aftermarket performance parts are cheaper and more plentiful.

If you want something that is easy to live with and is interesting then get the 8. If you want a real sports car get the 7. Or swap a rew or LSx in the 8.

you cant compare 20 year old worn parts to much newer parts.
>>
>>14606468
23k euro is a lot of money though. year and trim?
but if you think its worth it.. idk the market in your country.
>>
>>14606363
Clearly, you have never driven a fd. It does nothing good, acceptable at best. Showe your bus ticket, and Ill show you my keys,
>>
>>14605333
If you're short on cash, get a MX-5. Rotaries require constant maintenance and patience, spare cash on the side too.
Follow your dreams or get a gay convertible and you will fall for poorfags' memes about perfect god machine Miata. (no seriously, it's like comparing apples to coconuts)
>>
File: 1a4.png (226 KB, 600x1043) Image search: [Google]
1a4.png
226 KB, 600x1043
>>14606468
>8 is pig fat
>1270kg is pigfat

>If you want something that is easy to live with get the 8
>Renesis
>easy to live with
>>
>>14606423
Thanks for the first serious answer
I am saving up money for it
As of now I have about 14 - 16k
>>
>>14606317
Op here

Sorry

Forgot to mention for the RX 7
>40k kilometres, turbocharger, never crashed

The miata ad didn't say anything. It just mentioned the kilometres (400+) and the regular : CD player, abs, leather seats, soft top etc etc
>>
>>14605333
Also check em
>>
>>14605333
Do you like sucking dick? If not why would you ever consider a Miata?
>>
>>14605348
Fuck right off.

Rx8 is a fucking girls car, and looks like complete ass compared to the rx7. Mazda fucked up with the rx8 making it a sedan like monstrosity. Why can you buy a rx8 for $2000 and a rx7 Fd will cost $10,000? Because everyone knows the rx8 has all the problems of a rotary and none of the advantages. It's an underpowered, overweight, 4 door mess of a car.
>>
>>14605333
Just get the RX-7 You will more then likely regret it if you don't
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.