[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Audi A4 Quadro cheap? Iv been looking for a car to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: audi_a4_1_8t_quattro_large_3728.jpg (304 KB, 800x443) Image search: [Google]
audi_a4_1_8t_quattro_large_3728.jpg
304 KB, 800x443
Why is the Audi A4 Quadro cheap?
Iv been looking for a car to get
And compared to the cars i want
>S2000
>S13
>Supra
>R32

The Quattro is even cheaper than the e30

The ones im looking at are in CLean condition as well

Km's between 175-205 k's

So why these cars cheap ? 5-6 k for them in clean condition ? .

should i get one
>>
>>14602451
>Why is the Audi A4 Quadro cheap?
because old Audis break down every 20 feet.
>>
>>14602451
Shit reliability/expensive to run
>>
All the other cars you listed will be more reliable and more enjoyable to drive and nobody gives a crap about a worn out German econobox.
>>
the a4 is slow as fuck. If you want an Audi look at the S4/RS4. And they are terribly unreliable
>>
>>14602451
>buying an audi
>buying an old used audi
>buying an old, used, turbo audi

thats why. enjoying your repair bills. there is literally no reason to buy one.
>>
File: A4 B5.png (521 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
A4 B5.png
521 KB, 900x506
>>14602462
Expensive only in America.
>>
>>14602460
>>14602462
>>14602472
>>14602535
>>14602562
>>14604072
TROLOLOLO Xd
>>
>>14602451
If you want some semblance of reliability, you need to look one generation earlier. And even then, it's i5 or bust.
>>
>>14604125
Not trolling you imbecile. A4 B5s are slow even with their 2.8 v6 engines.
The S4 is quick but dem timing belt issues...
>>
audis are just fine as long as you get a manual and stay away from the timing chain motors
>>
>>14604242
bullshit. K04 1.8t A4 will annihilate any STI, it also won't rot out like an STI. Literally a $200 dollar upgrade. Now fuck off
>>
As an owner of a B5 1.8T Quattro Audi. I can say with absolute confidence that you should stay away from them. If the previous owner used the wrong power steering fluid the seals get fucked and you have to replace the entire fucking rack. It needs like 50000 quarts of oil and gets shit mileage maybe 23 MPG on a good day. I literally spend like $100 on power steering fluid and oil a month
>>
>>14608367
yea the most powerful K04 produces like 245hp. Also outrunning an STI isn't hard.
As I said if you want a proper quick audi you get an S4 or RS
>>
>>14608407
I forgot to mention the instrument panel will randomly stop working
>>
>>14608472
>quick audi
>S4/RS
>No mention of the 5 cylinder beasts

Now I know you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. Drop your trip, save yourself the embarrassment,
>>
>>14608483
Oh, and the front lip falls off every 10 or so miles
>>
>>14608407
>blaming the machine
>not a shitty PO

This is the type of retardation that has infected your general car message boards...oh wait
>>
>>14608505
When I say the seals are fucked I mean they just aren't there anymore. It's a poor design that was excerbated by a poor previous owner
>>
>>14608486
What 5cyl beasts? OP is asking about the A4 and no A4 had a 5 cyl engine.
>>
>>14608604
>As I said if you want a proper quick audi you get an S4 or RS

my reply wasn't to the OP

>>14608522
hydraulic system, someone puts in PS fluid. What did you expect? Do you not realize how hydraulic system work?

You are the only person I have ever heard that's complained of the hydraulic system in Audis. I'll admit Audis do have issues but those systems are bombproof.
>>
>>14608660
Try again retard. If I was the only one to experience this problem I wouldn't be warning him
>http://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/power-steering-leak-116607/
>http://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/loosing-lots-power-steering-fluid-181329/
>http://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/problem-steering-rack-67935/
>>
>>14602451
>'clean' condition
>175-200k

Hahahaha wtf are you thinking m8.
Buy a civic in your price range. Stop going so low, 5 owner, 200k, piece of shit just to find a cheap audi.

Honestly wtf does clean condition? I can spend an afternoon and make my car "clean" does that increase resale value??
>>
>>14608719
>3 threads
>No follow up from OP
>old ass threads

Oh ya, totally show me fuckface. You bought a lemon, and now you're just some vocal cunt who's all pissy and you're only redemption is to shit smear the brand of lemon you bought.

I get that about right, shit bird.
>>
>>14608741
Agreed. OP keep looking if you want one bad enough. Pass on the B5, get a B6.
>>
>>14608741

>He thinks clean condition means it has been washed and vacuumed recently

This is why I come to /o/ for laughs and not advice.
>>
File: bait.png (26 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
26 KB, 1024x1024
Good job falling for the bait...yet again.
>S2000
>S13
>Supra
>R32
Aka, i'm 16 and think these are hot shit.

Op makes these threads once in a while, always with a quattro audi.
He does this to fuel a huge shitstorm and waste everybodies time.

>sage
>report
>>
>bought for $2800
>a year later I've spent about $2000 in repairs
>steering pump/serpentine belt $1000
>leaky gaskets $600

That's not bad imo. Sure it blazes through oil, 7 liters of fully synthetic only, and gets a grueling 16/25 with my 2.8 v6 manual quattro, but the drive is awesome. The interior is fantastic, the construction build is terrific, legit feels better than most new cars below $40K.

People just get lazy and in reality want a Toyota where nothing bad happens and you can never change the oil and you'll be fine. It's a top notch daily with enough sportiness to satisfy most cravings.

The turbo is another story. Much more tuning potential but they are nightmares in comparison to the n/a v6.

But, the other cars you posted are way more sport oriented. The A4 is a comfy grocery getter with slight sportiness. Not really the same league .
>>
>>14608877
>Hey, let's tolerate anything a corporations throws at us.
>we sure aint lazy, we can fix anything
>yes we can xDDD

Anon, i actually would wish that every single customer would shitstorm companies and nag them to death, for even the smallest mistake.
Companies are the ones that got lazy, because they know about the retarded mentality of customers, and that they can sell us any dogshit.
This thinking of yours is not ok and needs to end. Even for a heavily used car, repairs of more than half of it's price are a fucked up thing.
I would have ditched that pile of crap at the first sign of problems.
>>
>>14608660
>my reply wasnt to the OP
well all my replies were. fuck off
>>
>>14608756
As another B5 owner I can say that the rack is not an uncommon problem among B5s. On another note the plastic trim is incredibly weak and brittle even more so than other cars of similar ages
>>
>>14608914
Doesn't matter when my ride is better than most out there. I could've bought a honda or Toyota but then again I didn't want an embarrassing plastic shitbox that looks and feels like crap
>>
>>14604242
Are you referring to the B5 S4 or B6/7 S4? Because...
>fucking 4.2 timing chain
>>
Currently own a B7 S-line. Fucking love the thing, B5 is good for... having nice body lines and tuning potential I guess. Otherwise it's not a good DD at all. Go B6. Great cars.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.