[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speeding ticket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: 1448205165349.jpg (101 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1448205165349.jpg
101 KB, 640x427
I got pulled over doing 85 in a 75. That's pretty normal going in TX but it's not the worst part. My insurance is fucked. They want to double my rate after someone hit ME last year because it "factors into their risk calculation." I'm 20, I already had one fender bender that was my fault, and a bogus traffic violation for not letting someone fully cross the street (they were on the other side of the road already). My dad is pissed at me as well now. Wat do? It was in Lubbock and I live hours away in Waco.

Anyone else get charges totally dropped for 10 over in a 75?
>>
>>14599533

Just drive fucking slower and more carefully.

You'll end up loosing your licence or having to pay some hefty fines
>>
Japanese Imperial Guard Sippin' N Swaggin'
>>
>>14599542
Have you been to central Texas? If I drive slower than 80 in a 75 zone people will literally honk. 85 is the speed I drive every damn day, I've never had a speeding ticket in my life. I shouldn't have assumed the same in another city but now I've already got the ticket. I don't want advice besides how best to deal with that.
>>
Get a cheap 5 speed manual econobox like a early 2000's corolla or a hyundai accent.
I got a 85 in a 60 ticket, actually 105 but cop was chill and cut me slack, because i had a heavy foot in my s/c grand prix.

After that i sold that and bought a 1000$ hyundai accent 5 speed and the money i save on gas is extremely addicting i have to say and i havent gotten a ticket in 2 years.
>>
Shouldn't come to /o/ expecting anything other than high-horse advice. What's done is done and I really need to know how best to contest a ticket or my insurance will go up by $1000 more than they already want to raise it.

Never getting a speeding ticket was my only bargaining chip.

>>14599617
I drive a jeep usually, I stick at 70 but when the weather is calm 85 is normal. This was a rental car, no wind noise to indicate my speed
>>
>>14599594
> listening to other people honking

Honk along with them. They cop pulled you over for the simple reason that he could. you got the shit end of the shit stick but you put yourself there senpai. seriously though. fuck listening to some dick hole you're probably never gonna see again honking because he is so important that he has to be at the buffet at 3:55 before it rolls over into dinner time rates
>>
Do defensive driving or deferred so it doesnt hurt your insurance.
>>
File: highway rollin.jpg (62 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
highway rollin.jpg
62 KB, 960x640
Defensive driving
Deferred adjudication
pay a lawyer

and stop fucking speeding, you are lying through your teeth about people in Texas speeding, just stay in the right or middle lane and no one will give a fuck
>>
>>14599713
This. I lived in Waco for five years and he's talking crazy. The I-35 corridor ain't Dallas or Houston.
>>
>>14599713
I ain't lying nigger, I literally never believed a cop would care I was 10 over in a 75. Proportionally 35 in a 30 is worse. Then again people here are shit at driving.

Thanks for listing my options though.

>>14599666
Yeah this is good advice. Nonetheless I don't really care what those people think, it's just to give a general idea of what the regular speed of driving is like here

Can someone fill me in on this deferral stuff? I'm going to Google it but I assume /o/ has some tips
>>
>>14599739
Well Waco has changed dipshit. Every frat fuck drives his F350 at 95mph. 85 is the upper limit of what I will do and you're blowing out your ass if you think it's rare or considered unacceptable to go that fast by default, let alone on occasion. Literally why would I like on 4chins of all places, this isn't the court hearing
>>
>>14599750
>Live in Texas
>The land of the small town speed trap on the interstates
>"I didn't think a cop would ever care I was doing 85"

You can't be serious.
>>
File: IMG_2333.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2333.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>14599750
Nigger Ive lived in Texas for 22 years, Ive been all over the state and no one honks, even when a farmer is trundling along at 55 in his single cab long bed chevy on a two lane highway. The only people who get honked at are the people who hog the left lane and think they are doing the world a favor by slowing everyone down.
>>
>>14599776
This wasn't a speed trap. It was an interstate highway. Once again if you drive from Houston to Austin for instance, everyone's going 90mph. I always slow down for small towns without exception anyway
>>
>>14599786
Well I got unlucky I guess but it's happened and that's all I can say. If you've lived here so long you know I'm right about the average speed on the interstates, regardless of what happens to people who drive below the limit
>>
>>14599713
>>14599687
I took defensive driving and it worked but it also didnt count for shit in the long run because the court misspelled my name so now the accident belongs to someone else that sounds like me but any background checks come up clean
>>
>>14599793
>This wasn't a speed trap. It was an interstate highway
>Like they don't exist together
>Like Highway Patrol don't park on the far side of overpasses to catch speeders everywhere either

Sure thing bro. And Bowie doesn't have a 50mph speed trap right on the interstate. And there's no speed traps in Temple and Killeen and Roundrock and Burleson and Hillsboro.

Somebody help me out. I know there's at least another three or four between Austin and Fort Worth.
>>
>>14599786
>even when a farmer is trundling along at 55 in his single cab long bed chevy on a two lane highway

People who live in Texas, including that farmer also know to be polite and move to the shoulder for people to pass on a highway like that too.
>>
>>14599830
A speed trap means the speed limit changed dumbfuck. It was 75 the whole stretch. They exist but this wasn't one
>>
>>14599846
And you apparently can't read because that said not only are there speed traps directly on the interstates in texas but that they grab speeders everywhere too. Which makes you wrong, twice.

What kind of dimbulb doesn't think the highway patrol doesn't hide wherever they can and write tickets? I'll tell you. One who got away with being a dumbass long enough to believe it was normal before he got a ticket.
>>
You're not going to beat a speeding ticket but you can shop around for a better rate on your insurance. Tell your dad to fuck off since he didn't see fit to just add you to his insurance. That's what any decent parent does until their kid is at least 25
>>
>>14599866
The point is that speed traps have literally nothing to do with the issue at hand. There isn't even a question of normalcy. 10 over at the highest limit is NOT abnormal, end of story. Whether or not it's something you should do is subjective, but it's still fucking irrelevant to my question
>>14599873
He did add me to his insurance. And after that guy hit me they want to double the family rate. This will make it worse. Why can't I beat it? Can't I speak to the prosecutor and ask him to lower it to a nonmoving violation, in the worst case?
>>
>>14599917
>10 over at the highest limit is NOT abnormal, end of story
but it is still 100% legit a ticketable offense.You cant argue " everyone else does it" in court.that the only reason the cop pulled it off. welcome to " quotas "
>>
>>14599931
I'm not debating that man, I'm just sick because every time this question gets asked some moron has to pretend it isn't normal to go even 5 over. If you got a ticket going 5 over you'd be livid
>>
man, i hate how the highway from north texas to waco goes from 75 to 70. I was set my cruise control to 80 and was cruising at a reasonable 5 over and got pulled over right after the change in speed limit. but i'm white so i got a warning
>>
>>14599917
Of course it's not abnormal, but the only reason speeders don't all get hammered is because it's the old wildebeest defense. There's too many. Those patrol cars just pull over speeders all day long, and hope they might get something better like a seatbelt/expired registration/open container/dwi/drugs out of it. When the lion gets you, you really don't get to bitch about it, especially when you're going ten over.

Now actual solutions that aren't getting the ticket waived.

1. Call the department. Most of them have programs that allow you to pay extra or take a course to keep the ticket off your record.
2. Start shopping for a less shit insurance.
>>
>>14599963
>Call the department
Thanks, I will try that. All what you said makes sense, it's just that you can trust /o/ to get on their high horse
>>14599958
Kek, I'm southeast Asian but I just look Mexican. Dark hair and tan. Probably doesn't help.
>>
>>14599957
ah
>>
>>14599594
>If I drive slower than 80 in a 75 zone people will literally honk
which is literally illegal
>>
>>14600032
See
>>14599957
>>
>>14599917
>Why can't I beat it?
Because you're guilty and there's proof

>Can't I speak to the prosecutor and ask him to lower it to a nonmoving violation, in the worst case?
The prosecutor isn't going to talk to you about a fucking speeding ticket his time is too valuable

>He did add me to his insurance. And after that guy hit me they want to double the family rate
Then it's time to either shop for different insurance or take your ass OFF the insurance for you to make your own way

I love how every accident and ticket anyone on /o/ ever gets into is bullshit, not their fault etc. If "that guy hit you" and it was his fault, no one should have ever contacted your insurance.
>>
>>14599809
so you're a bitter little bitch because you got a ticket even though "everyone does it". You took the risk you little shit, take it to court and try telling them that "everyone does it I didn't want to get honked at" and see if it works you pathetic little man.
>>
>>14599594
Hold the horn until they fuck off. I drive 55 all the time and fuckers flash me but eventually just pass. I drive in the right lane tho
>>
>>14600129
>If "that guy hit you" and it was his fault, no one should have ever contacted your insurance.
What are you talking about? To determine guilt both parties have to contact their insurance and the attorneys decide. He turned into me when I was going straight because he thought I was in a turn left only lane.

Anyway, what's with the hostility and assuming I'm lying? I'm on fucking 4chan, I don't give a shit what other neckbeards think.

>the prosecutor won't talk to you
I'm basing this off avvo, it's a site where you get advice from lawyers. In a small town, apparently, it happens very often that you explain your situation and the charges get lowered. I don't know if that's true so I asked.

Anyway you're clearly a spiky asshole who needs to feel superior on the internet, good luck with that.

>>14600161
I never protested my guilt. I'm in a bind and asking how best to handle it, there's nothing bitter about that. The only reason I said it's common is because people like you pretend it isn't so you can smugly reply "drive slower" as if that does me any good with this specific ticket after the fact

>little man
Projecting

>>14600164
I drive in the right lane too, generally I try to be very inoffensive when I drive like letting people go first at stop signs. I was just trying to illustrate what people think is slow
>>
Aww poor OP got a speeding ticket like hundreds of thousands of other drivers and wants to get out of it because he's a special little snowflake in a special little snowflake situation

Just pay it and deal with it Like everyone else you faggot
>>
>>14600260
>"I can't read"
>>
>>14600272
I read the entire thread and it's nothing more than you crying
Pay the fine and stop being a little Bitch about it.
>>
>>14599533
>other people make me drive like a retard: the thread
>>
>>14600248
>To determine guilt both parties have to contact their insurance and the attorneys decide
Uhhhh no. To determine guilt, either one party concedes or it is deliberated in a court of law and a judge decides. Please tell me you at LEAST got an accident report.
>>
>>14600279
Look, let me try to explain better instead of flinging shit. Normally I would pay this fine same as every other driving or nondriving fine I've ever incurred. In this case I'm worried about the family insurance rate. Since I've already had a fender bender and someone hit me last year, they've wanted to double our rates. My dad's already looking for other companies, and besides he picks what coverage he wants, it's not my place to advise him.

It's not that I'm not guilty or don't deserve the ticket or anything. It's frustrating but the point is that now I'm in this situation I'm trying to do the best thing. That's it. I'd gladly pay a double fine for instance to keep the rates down.
>>
>>14600308
I didn't, that's the reason. I had come from a wedding and my girlfriend was crying and I made the mistake of not calling the police. Both parties presented evidence and he conceded when the GPS history demonstrated I wasn't in a turn left lane. It's kind of irrelevant anyway
>>
>>14600338
Tell your insurance to get fucked or you'll take your business elsewhere
>>
>>14600358
I mean obviously I would. My dad is handling it and most likely I'll go on my own to another company. But it still really helped to have no speeding tickets on my record, which is why I'm trying to pull out all the stops to preserve that
>>
i hit 90 in 70
today i hit 85 in a 65
in a decade of driving ive never been pulled over
>>
>>14599533
I knew someone who got kicked out of her assurance because she had 3 accident where she was'nt responsible
>>
>>14600387
unresponsible fag
>>
>>14600893
Very helpful
>>
>>14600248
I called you a little man because you said you are southeast Asian and because this thread is nothing but you crying like a baby. Go ahead and deflect everything with "muh projection" microdick scum.
>>
Better Call Saul, OP
>>
>>14602950
I explained myself multiple times. I don't have to again if you can't read that I would pay the fine and move on 999 times out of 1000. And going by the US average my dick is probably bigger than yours.

>>14603117
Would if I could anon
>>
File: 54cc045a.jpg (1 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
54cc045a.jpg
1 MB, 3008x2000
>>14599589
They do have some baller cars. I'd love to see their private collection.
>tfw no custom Fleetwood convertible
>>
>>14599786
hi billy
>>
Take the option to goto court and plead guilty i got a 57 in a 25 that got removed
>>
>>14599957
>If you got a ticket going 5 over you'd be livid
My dad got a ticket going 5 over on I-69 last week. Houston really wants them potholes fixed I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 700x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 700x403
>>14599589
>>
>>14603131
>Would if I could anon
well call the nearest Saul equivalent then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAVsBfOjc4c
>>
>>14599533
Hey fucc boi you were speeding in texas, and you werent going 25 or more over the limit? Defensive driving. It may cost as much or slightly more than just paying the ticket, but it will come off of your record if you arent ticketed again in that municipality within a set period, and complete your dd program.
>>
>>14599533
> Get in an accident
> Speeding ticket
> History of accidents and offenses

The insurance company is right; you're a terrible driver and deserve to be priced off the road.
LEARN TO DRIVE
E
A
R
N

T
O

D
R
I
V
E
>>
>>14605255
THIS.
If you didn't wanted your insurance fee to be doubled, you shouldn't had driven like an asshole
>>
>>14604596
That sucks. That money is probably not going to potholes I'll tell you that

>>14605255
>>14607576
>one fender bender when an old lady braked in front of me, hit by another dude who admitted guilt
>this is a "history of accidents"
>let guys cross street and get ticketed anyway
>speeding 10 over on the interstate
None of those things make a "terrible driver." I've never endangered anyone and I'm proud of it

In any case my question has been answered more or less by the defensive driving
>>
If you don't want cops to pull you over, stop given them a reason to pull you over. Your "I have to go 10 over or people will honk at me" is bullshit. Everyone here can see through that. Stop driving like a dumb teenager.
>>
>>14608630
This is the same board that regularly hosts "how far have you driven over the limit" threads

For the last time I just want(ed) to know how to deal with the ticket, not unsolicited advice. I have no reason to impress 4chan
>>
I just got a ticket for going 80 in a 55 lawyer is running me $900 shekels but he said he will get it dropped to a parking violation
>>
>>14608630
Fuck off bootlicker fuck the bitch ass pigs tryna catch me riding dirty yolo
>>
>>14608662
Man up and check your privilege.
>>
>>14603131
ayyy fucking jungle Asians man just kill yourself f a m
>>
>>14608498
literally all those make you a terrible driver
>couldn't brake fast enough (because I know you're lying you little shit)
>break law about letting people finish crossing IN FRONT OF A COP
>break speeding law
>chink slit eyes can't see the road (bet you have glasses)
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.