[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consumer Reports reliable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: consumer_reports.jpg (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
consumer_reports.jpg
7 KB, 320x240
Is consumer reports good for deciding which car to get? Or is it bullshit? Especially curious about the validity of their reliability ratings. What do you all think?
>>
>>14599170
They're not good for picking a fun car
>>
>>14599222
What do you mean?
>>
The reviews are honest because they buy their own cars and don't have advertisers. Plus, they employ automotive engineers and do reliability samples from thousands of people.

Every purchase, however, is a risk. One man's lemon might be another's lifer.
>>
>>14599234
Because usually fun cars are unreliable. CR hates unreliable cars. So they always recommend boring cars.
>>
>>14599289
Why can't they make fun cars reliable...
>>
>>14599432
Fast(fun), cheap, reliable

Pick two.

Inb4 miata or toyobaru
>>
>>14599449
Which one is the toyobaru? That new sporty subaru they made?
>>
>>14599289
>door handle rattles
>QUALITY COMPLAINT UNRELIABLE
>>
>>14599449
I wish they made am AWD version
>>
>>14599170

This year's car issue states that from here on out they will subtract from the scores for cars without safe driver aids/automation as standard equipment.

They're honest, they say how they're judging and how they test, but they're biased.
>>
>>14599170
I know this doesn't earn them any points with /o/tists, but I get the impression they're car guys that know they have to appeal to normie readers. They know what cars are fun, but they also know most of their readers don't really give a shit.
>>
>>14599633
I heard this on their talking cars episode. This only going to proliferate all this safety bullshit. Fuck CR, IIHS, and NHTSA
>>
File: frs-vs-brz.jpg (50 KB, 600x349) Image search: [Google]
frs-vs-brz.jpg
50 KB, 600x349
>>14599501
FRS/BRZ

Lurk more
>>
>>14599729
Why didn't they make it AWD. They should make one
>>
Seeing as that the Avalon is one of the best bargain cars of all time without nignogs ruining them? CR is fine
>>
>>14599170
their guides are good when you want to know the weak points of a particular used car, other than that it's biased bullshit aimed at retirees
>>
>>14600106
>ruin the purpose of the car
>>
>>14600106
if they make one AWD it will be a complete turd with it's current engine, if they turbocharged the engine it would be better, but then it would be competing against the WRX/STi and Subaru with the WRX/STi is like GM to the Corvette, they will protect it at all costs and would not allow that to happen with a BRZ
>>
>>14599170
Consumer Reports is usually really good. "Car" people tend to look down on them for recommending that normal people actually buy functional and reliable cars.

There is also the mistaken belief that Consumer Reports will not recommend "fun" cars but the Mazda 3 very highly rated by them so I'm not sure why this has stuck. I think it is because the Camry has been their top pick for years.
>>
>>14600106
because you might as well buy an impreza at that point
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.