[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to start a lawn care business >tfw don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: s-l1000.jpg (26 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
26 KB, 500x334
>want to start a lawn care business
>tfw don't have a truck or trailer
>would have to stuff a mower in pic related
>weed eater and blower in back seat
c...could it be done, /o/?
>>
>>14598990
Find a beat up old Ranger or Taco for like a grand
>>
>>14598996
That's the problem, I only have about $800 extra to spend and I'll need that for half decent equipment that won't break halfway through the season.
>>
>>14598996
Beat up tacos go for like $10k. Your much better off buying a ranger, s10, or even a full size pickup. In the eventuality that you expand your business you will also be able to tow a trailer with ease in a 1/2 ton. My brother in law once had a 90s model toyota pickup and it struggled to even tow a small 12 ft boat. That thing was absolutely gutless. I imagine if the air conditioning still worked the engine would stall out when the compressor clutch engaged.
>>
>weed eater
dude lmao
>>
No possibility of getting a trailer-ball and electric socket for that car?
>>
>>14599080
>weed eater
>instead of buying a truck, OP literally just grabs a couple of potheads and has them literally eat the weeds
>>
>>14599099
Actually, this. If people can tow mini trailer cart thingies with Miatas, them I'm sure your Buick can.
>>
>>14599055
sell the car
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 690x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 690x407
>>14599099
Dubs speak the truth

A trailer would be the way to go. Find a cheap one. Otherwise if it is possible to get a hitch on there, they do make those luggage carrier deals that go in the hitch. You could def fit a lawnmower on there.
>>
>>14599112
>m8 I swear this is the good stuff, you just gotta munch on it for a while
>>
>>14599099
>>14599120
>>14599131
That could work, though I like the cargo rack idea more. Nowhere for me to stick a trailer when I'm not using it.
>>
>>14599204
Uhaul installs hitches. I had one done years ago but I forget how much it was, at least a few hundred though. Ask Notamiata, he works there.

But if you get the actual hitch, I think you should do one of those cheap steal wire trailers. Only upside to the luggage rack is if you somehow want to install a hitch yourself, you won't need any electrical connection for trailer lights.
>>
>>14599243
>notamiata
>works
>>
>>14599313
Did work?

Hangs out at the UHaul place?

Hell if I know. Canada is a mysterious place.
>>
>>14599243
Eh, cheaper than a truck, so I might.
>>
>>14599353

I can't really tell what that is, but it should be a stupid easy hitch install, especially if you're just going for a cargo rack, so you don't need to worry about the lights or anything.

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches/

http://www.etrailer.com/
>>
>>14599535
Sweet.
'99 Buick LeSabre.
>>
>>14598990

how many miles?

>>14598713

Mine before she died of a broken trans.
>>
>>14599732
Currently 67,000.
It had been babied by the old couple who bought it new in '99.
>>
>>14599792

Muh dick. Be sure to do a trans service now, and then every 30k after. That, and oil changes every 3k were all I ever did to my girl to keep her running for all those miles.
>>
>>14599804
Bought it from a family friend/mechanic, so I'll ask him if he did a trans service on it.
500k is god-tier, m8. My dad's old E-150 van had almost 300k before it died and it had sucked major ass for 100k of those.
>>
>>14599859

My car purred like a kitten. When the trans died it just wasn't worth dumping 2k into a car with a half a million miles on it. I just got another buick just like it with 80k on the clock. Paid 3k.
>>
>>14598990
Harbor Freight trailer and a hitch. Nothing can stop a Buick. Nothing.
>>
>>14599882
Ayyy I paid 3k for mine too.
Friend said he would have sold it for around 4 to anybody else so I got lucky.

>>14599902
That's what I'm leaning towards now, or the cargo rack.
Cargo rack I can store easier. I have nowhere to put trailer when I'm not using it.
>>
>>14599928

4k would have been a bargain, 3k is legendary. Little shit will break. Water pumps will go bad, if you're running regular, you may even burn a valve around 250k (bg44k can mitigate this), your thermostat will crap out, those fucking composite elbows in the cooling system will split, desu, you're better off just replacing those right now. That's the only thing that ever left me stranded in that car. But i probably put less than 2k into that car for things not considered wear items. The 4T65E and 3800 SII is the engine/trans combo of the gods.
>>
you could buy a small trailer and towing hitch set up for your sweet rig OP
>>
>>14599944
Oh yeah, we already had to replace the plastic upper intake cause it had melted and was leaking coolant into a cylinder. No bueno but an easy, cheap fix. I love this car and will keep loving it for years.
Now I'd feel bad if I stuffed a weed eater and blower in the back seat, even if I put down a tarp.
Cargo rack it is.
>>
at least put a tarp down so you dont get shit on your interior
>>
File: 1456909772159.jpg (92 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
1456909772159.jpg
92 KB, 459x612
>>14599112
>>
Don't put lawn equipment in it. If your pic related is your car, then definitely dont do it. Park Avenues are good cars and that would ruin it
>>
>>14598990
If I hire someone to mow and landscape my yard, and they show up with everything packed in a car, I wouldn't let them on my property. I don't think I'd be alone in that regard either.
>>
I fit a mower, blower and weed eater in a pt cruiser with tons of room to spare
>>
>>14599061
>this
seriously, even in nm where cars are dirt cheap the cheapest running taco you can find is like 3k, and it's going to be a mexi-beaten to death 80's one. better off going ranger or s10 or their clones
>>
>>14599061
That brings back memories of towing two fat Yamaha Vikings on a trailer with another Yamaha Venture on the bed of a beat-to-shit 1992 HiLux with the non-turbo 2.4 2L engine... the last climb up to the workshop actually required the use of the low range as the engine just did not have enough power in first
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.