[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you wear your seatbelt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1455773948768.jpg (59 KB, 316x609) Image search: [Google]
1455773948768.jpg
59 KB, 316x609
Do you wear your seatbelt?
>>
>>14597387
Erry tiem
>>
no, and legally I don't have to.
>>
of course I do.
Why wouldn't I?
>>
>>14597391
Taxi driver?
>>
>>14597387
Yeah, when I was a kid the door on my mum's Accord flew open while we were driving and I haven't been able to not wear a seat belt since.
>>
>>14597439
no I drive a vehicle from 1965
>>
>>14597391

here's to you impaling yourself on the steering column :^)
>>
>>14597391
Wow dude you must have so many muh freedoms.
I'm sure when the funds to scrape your mangled ass off the road and drag away your pancaked shitbox come out of the tax payer's purse, they'll revel in the freedoms, too
>>
>>14597387
Apart from not wanting to hit dashboard with my teeth in case of collision, here is something that actually happened.

>Be me and live in russia
>Many exciting moments on every meter of the road
>Drive in a passenger front seat
>We are driving 60 km/h which is ok for a city limit
>Suddenly someone makes a dick move right in front of us
>Driver slam brakes and stops on a dime
>Realise, even though speed was low belts felt like a moderate punch in the shoulder
>Driver says its good I wore belts because dude he was driving earlier bust his nose on a dashboard in similar situation.
>>
File: DSC_8803.jpg (2 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8803.jpg
2 MB, 3216x2136
>>14597547
that's what insurance is for mang

>>14597544
let's hope that doesn't happen pham
>>
Only because if I get pulled over I'll get more points than a seatbelt. I want to keep my license.
>>
>>14597387
everytime.

Legally forced to but I'd feel naked not wearing it though
>>
Mostly. I only dont war it Ehen im driving the dog to the Rover for a walk, vor driving to my Patents place. Both those drives take kess than 5mins in quiet streets at 30-50kmh.

I should war it, but sometimes i move around
>>
>>14598715
Found the piece of shit alcoholic!
>>
My truck rolled off the lot with no seat belts so no
>>
>>14597547
He hates freedom. He loves bernie
>>
>>14598734
Lol. Nuh bruv
>>
Always. As an EMT my view is that you're really fucking stupid if you don't. People who don't wear them are always more fucked up in accidents.
>>
>>14597387
I'm not mentally ill, so yes.
>>
File: 1990_Honda_Civic_DX_interior.jpg (989 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1990_Honda_Civic_DX_interior.jpg
989 KB, 1600x1200
Don't really have a choice
>>
File: 1448200546985.jpg (665 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448200546985.jpg
665 KB, 1024x1024
I'll never understand people who willingly don't.
>>
>>14597387
Yes and I make all people in my car wear one

any problems?
>>
>>14598611
>I feel naked not wearing it
Fucking this. I feel like I'm gonna fall out of my seat if I'm not wearing one. I don't understand how everyone I know can legitimately just forget to not wear one
>>
>>14599746
Seriously, if you're not driving (hell, even if you arr) you get so tossed around.
>>
Everytime, really no reason not to.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>14597387
If I get a feeling the fuzz is around I'll put it on, but most times I just get in my ride and go. Fuck it really.
>>
depends on car, if i drive newer car with some kind of beeping alert I do. But in my daily sleeper wannabe I do only when driving really fast outside of the city.
>>
File: canweslowdown.png (429 KB, 628x482) Image search: [Google]
canweslowdown.png
429 KB, 628x482
>>14599754
Oh god you just reminded me
>be 16
>friends want to go for lunch
>decide to be social for once
>I end up in the middle of the rear bench seat in my friend's friend's mom's CRV he drove to school that day
>6'4 185lb me was cramped as fuck
>can't find a seatbelt for the middle seat while everyone else wore one
>at first I ask over all the commotion where the seatbelt is
>friend floors it and takes off for McDicks
>goes 30kmh the whole way blowing stop signs and flooring it around corners
>I almost fall out of the seat like 10 different times on the way there
>halfway there I'm up to screaming as to where the seatbelt is
>asshole acquaintance is blasting classical music and everyone is completely ignoring me
>finally calms down a bit when we get to the drive thru
>driver finally tells me his other friend ripped it out a year ago and his mom never bothered to get it fixed
>not hungry after this point I just want off this wild ride
>trapped between two dickhead friends and if I got out and walked I'd miss my next class
>on the way back he decides to stop at an all-way stop
>we fucking get rear ended
>I was shitting my pants because 16 and over in Ontario you are responsible for wearing a seatbelt and autistic and irrational me was hoping I wouldn't somehow get in trouble for not wearing my seatbelt if this guy saw
>he apparently dropped his McFlurry and when he went to picked it up he hit the gas and rammed us
>no damage to friend's car but the other guy's front plate was bashed in
>exchanged numbers and went off
>friend drove like just as much of a maniac the rest of the way back
>when we got back for the first time I appreciated the life nature the universe had given me

My friends told me he apparently drove like that everywhere he went and will often speed up to well over twice the speed limit in residential areas to overtake his friends in cars ahead of him. He hasn't ever been pulled over or been in another accident since last time I checked
>>
>>14599881
Lol I had a similar experience minus the seat belt in my first semester of college
>out of state
>no car
>accept a ride from new friend
>drives like a fucking maniac, blaring music, blowing stop signs, merging without looking or yielding
>wasn't even a boyracer, just a retard
>tripled efforts in looking at used cars immediately afterwards
>>
>>14597387
Yes always.
>>
my car will literally not shut up if I don't

Also i'd prefer not getting rattled around the cabin like somebody just popped the Pinball Mode powerup in Carmageddon when my 10 airbags go off.
>>
>>14597387
only when i vote trump 2016
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.