[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seatbelts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Snapchat-1433692787814625663.jpg (888 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1433692787814625663.jpg
888 KB, 1440x2392
How can I get my seatbelt warning to stop beeping?

My brother somehow wired his so it looks like it's always plugged in and doesn't beep.

I have a 2012 Lancer
>>
>>14594673
Gee, idk, maybe wear your seatbelt?
>>
>>14594673

Drive your car into a tree at 100+ MPH.

You'll solve the issue by being dead and doing the world a favor
>>
>>14594680
Yes mommy.
>>
Just cut the beer bottle opener from its leash and keep it plugged into it's ejector slot.
>>
>>14594688
No, wear your damn seatbelt. They're there for a fucking reason.
>>
>>14594693
I use the seat belt. Just not driving in the city going under 35
>>
>>14594673
Wear your seatbelt dude.

Car noises are annoying though and enjoying your car us very important. There is a wire going to the buckle with the release on it. Manipulating that wire will stop the noise, cutting it may work or you may need to ground it.
>>
>>14594702
Have you ever been in a wreck before? How old are you,? Wear it br/o/ let your car save your life.
>>
>>14594702
Since you still can't figure out a workaround get an extra bottle opener. Have some fun and 3d print one if junkyard picking is too difficult for your dumb head.
>>
>>14594702
>Just not driving in the city going under 35

>Not wearing your seatbelt in the densest traffic where you're most likely to be hit by another car

Your logic is pretty fucked up there m8
>>
>>14594719
Yes. Two but only driving in one. The one I was driving in I hit woman who pulled out in front of me doing 50-60mph. I wear my seat belt on the highway but not in bumper to bumper traffic doing a maximum of 20 mph for a couple hours sometimes. I understand the importance of a seat belt but you don't need it when your driving in heavy traffic going less then 20
>>
>>14594719
>>14594744
I'm 31
>>
>>14594673
Wear your fucking seatbelt kid, it's literally the most functional piece of safety equipment in your vehicle and requires exactly 0 cognition to use.

I know you wanna feel like a badass breaking the rules but I'm sure you'll think differently when the cops are scraping your brain off the pavement.
>>
>>14594774
I'm sure that'll happen at 20mph. I don't think if I was even hit by my car going 20 the police would be "scraping my brain off the pavement"

What kind of 3rd world country do you live in that the police double as crime scene clean up?
>>
this is bait, right?
>>
>>14594797
Nobody's going to stop you from being a retard. If you seriously think that your driving speed is the only thing that affects your safety on the road then you're too retarded to convince.

Go ahead then dumbass, drive without your seatbelt. I'm sure all the kids in your high school will think you're the shit.
>>
>>14594797
Why don't you want to wear the belt? I'm genuinely confused anon.

Yeah maybe it isnt worth it in traffic, but does it really bother you that much? Keep it on.
>>
>>14594702
Crashing into a solid object or even a car going as low as 10mph is a tremendous impact.
>>
>>14594797
I agree, a granny driver in a slow car is not a high accident risk and does not really need a belt all the time. Lay off you guys, leave her alone.
>>
>>14594827
>>14594829
>>14594834
>>14594846

Are there really this many single mother's on 4 chan
>>
>>14594927
If your dad hadn't left, he would be telling you to buckle up.
>>
File: in the zone.png (147 KB, 1231x930) Image search: [Google]
in the zone.png
147 KB, 1231x930
>>14594927
Alright, I think I can piece together what happened.

>autist convinces qt girl to go on a date
>picks her up, leaves seatbelt off to look hardcore
>"Anon, maybe you should put your seatbelt on."
>"WHAT ARE YOU MY MOM? JEEZ, I ALWAYS DRIVE LIKE THIS SEATBELTS ARE FOR DORKS. ARE YOU TURNED ON YET?"
>qt tells him to pull over and gets out
>>
>>14594702
Even if you don't care about your safety enjoy getting pulled over you degenerate
>>
>>14594927
Do you feel like a rebel when you drive without a belt? Does it give you a boner or something? To break the rules? Makes you feel like a true man?

Just wear the damn belt, it really is that simple.

You never know what can happen, accidents can happen in seconds and you would never have enough time to react, just put on the damn thing.
>>
>>14595014
God damn
>>
Just wear your seatbelt.

I think there's usually a fuse or something you can pull, my dad has it disabled in his truck but he knew people at the dealer he bought the truck at and they wouldn't tell him what they did.

Or you can just get another seatbelt buckle you have plugged in.
>>
>>14594702
yeah for some reason everyone hates you and your freedom but I say worst case scenario you'll get a broken nose in a crash at 35mph with no seatbelt, probably not even that.

just get one of those fat people seatbelt extenders from walmart for $3 and plug it in. Then you just leave it in forever, your real seatbelt will plus into that.
>>
>>14595285
Hey, I'm all for the guy busting his nose. We're just telling him he's being a bigger retard than the CVPI sperg.

>just get one of those fat people seatbelt extenders from walmart for $3 and plug it in
Why is this a thing in the first place?
>>
>>14595310
Because some nutritional overachievers have a circumference greater than the length of the seatbelt, which means some extra inches will be needed to make ends meet.

As for the bigger "why"... Cheap calories combined with our innate human desire to acquire as many of those calories as possible. Add in your average person's self control and there you go.
>>
File: 1433462307388.jpg (410 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1433462307388.jpg
410 KB, 1000x1000
>>14595370
I get that people are fat fucks and we've got a ton here too but how bad does it have to get before seatbelt extenders are a profitable market?

And I've been thinking the fat American stereotype was just angry Europosting.
>>
>>14594673
>Hay /o/ I'm too fucking stupid to splice two fucking wires in my car but I know more about auto safety than everybody.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?
>>
>No seatbelt
>Shitshibishi
Do the world a favor and tie it around your neck.
>>
OP needs to take a ride on the convincer.

https://youtu.be/2a93m_jMJ18
>>
File: cl-53128.jpg (151 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
cl-53128.jpg
151 KB, 450x450
>>14595370
>And I've been thinking the fat American stereotype was just angry Europosting.

Just because I feel like sharing
>A few months ago my dog and the neighboring dog ran off down the road for some adventuring
>Woman shows up and tells me my dog and another one killed a couple geese
>She tells me her neighbor would like $40 for the geese
>She proceeds to tell me it's the trailer down the road and she's relaying the message because she was already headed my way
>No big deal, tell her I'll stop by as soon as I get to an ATM
>Kind of forget about the whole ordeal for a week or so
>Finally get to an ATM and fast cash $50 - $10 for the delay
>Drive to the guys house at 8:30AM
>Knock on the door and a voice, which was distinctively a fat mans voice, faintly yells "who is it"
>It's a trailer house and he is struggling to yell loud enough to be heard clearly outside
>He then tells me he isn't out of bed yet, however he's in the living room
>I ask him if he could come to the door so I can pay him for the geese
>"No! I'm not out of bed yet! Come back in two hours!"
>Tell him to stop down at my house when he's ready to collect
>Haven't seen him yet and that was three months ago

After talking to my neighbor I found out he's a fucking land whale. Apparently spends his days smoking ganja in his lazy boy all day every day.

Can't believe he couldn't answer the door for an easy $40.

>Browsing craigslist and thought the paint job was pretty neat
>
>>
File: 1457166563855.gif (451 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1457166563855.gif
451 KB, 300x168
>>14594702
>Never autocrossed or went carting in his life.
>>
>>14596814
>some retard at the end asks if it simulates a head-on crash.

It's a nice way to convince people to wear seatbelts, and I absolutely think you should, but a 5 MPH impact in "the Convincer" is going to feel more violent than a 5 MPH crash in a real car. The impulse imparted to the occupant of the Convincer is greater because it's literally a steel-on-steel impact (or so it seems). A car has bumpers and a lot of material to absorb some of the impact.

Still, wear your seatbelts kids
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.