[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old people should be banned from driving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: japan_elderly_drivers.jpg (19 KB, 450x280) Image search: [Google]
japan_elderly_drivers.jpg
19 KB, 450x280
Old people should be banned from driving
>>
You will change that form of thinking once you realize that once you're old, you too won't be able to drive anymore.
>>
>>14593919
Why?
>>
Every person not fit or able to operate a vehicle in a manner that doesnt hinder or endanger themselves or others aswell as posing no danger to materials should have the privilege of driving revoked
>>
>>14593939
Age. Your reactions, eyes, etc slow and get worse
>>
>>14593936
I'm 35, and there is already a few things I can do anymore. I have learned to accept it, and move on.

Plus, when I'm feeble, and 80, there will be self driving cars to get around in.

So yes, old people should be banned from driving, or at least anyone over 65 should undergo a more thorough driving test every 2 years, and those that cant pass should have their license revoked.
>>
>>14593919
At age 70, the elderly should have to take another driving test consisting of basic road knowledge on paper and a half-hour long road test wherein an instructor would judge whether or not they are competent enough to stay behind the wheel.

>Self driving cars will be perfected by the time you are decrepit and outlawed from driving on public roads

That'll be nice I guess.
>>
>>14593956
>self driving cars
Those don't give you the pleasure of driving.

With modern and future medicine you can just end up living past 100, do you really want to go 20 or more years without being able to drive anymore?
>>
>>14594015
There is no pleasure in doing something that your body cant keep up with.

Like trying to slay 18 year old pussy when your 50, and need to pop pills to get your dick hard.
>>
>>14594015
>implying 80 year olds get pleasure from driving
>>
File: 101 yo camaro.png (302 KB, 658x627) Image search: [Google]
101 yo camaro.png
302 KB, 658x627
>>14594035
>>
>>14594027
Only if you become completely decrepit, there's plenty of people 80+ that are very healthy.
>>
Banned from driving AND voting
>>
>>14593944
How do we measure and grade such criteria in a test environment?
>>
File: Dsim3[1].jpg (121 KB, 830x613) Image search: [Google]
Dsim3[1].jpg
121 KB, 830x613
>>14594101
Driving simulator
>>
>>14594071
I'll keep driving, and fucking as long as I can. But as a 35 year old, its too difficult to go to a club, and hook up with a 21 year old in there.
Girls that are just over the hill, 30-32 are perfect for hookups. They can appreciate an older man.
18/21 year olds only care about their age group. Occasionally you'll find some that have interest in older men, but these are are vapid cunts who only care about material possessions, and themselves have no car, or are in class all the time, and are impossible to get together with. I stopped trying.
Women near my age are much better.

That being said, I can still keep up with my mid/low 20 year old friends, and party as hard as they can, but I can feel myself getting tired of it, and hitting my own physical limitations.
When I get old that I cant drive a goddamn car correctly, or drive as bad as old people drive now, I think it will be time to quit. Here is hoping that driverless cars will be a better norm.

Old people off the road is a + in my book. Either if others drive them, or a robot drives them.
>>
>>14594137
And how shall this simulator measure and grade such criteria?
>>
>>14594149
The fuck kind of 35 year old posts on 4chan...
Jesus christ that should be more of a wake up call to me than it seems
>>
>>14594137
>14594137
>get in driving simulator
>put transmission in 1
> floor it
>crank wheel hard
>>
>>14594218
Many?

It's one of the rare places on the internet you can call someone a fucktard without having a sperglord ban you for being needlessly offensive.
>>
>>14593966
>That'll be nice I guess.
end yourself bruv
>>
>>14594263
Double-edged sword when you consider the abysmal quality of the board.
>>
>>14593956
>I'm 35, and there is already a few things I can do anymore. I have learned to accept it, and move on.
Can't get your weenie up aight innit?
>>
>>14594187
You can see how the elder is driving...you can also program some specific scenarios to test reflexes and such.

Use your imagination anon, we're in 2016
>>
>>14594263
Damn man... I mean I found this place when I was an edgy teen but I mean when this site was created you were already in your 20s. Your posts are pretty stereotypical mid 300 guy though it's kinda funny. Have fun calling teens fucktards though if that's what makes you feel better. I'd say play sports but there are enough overly aggressive old men who think they're still 20 in non competitive leagues
>>
>>14594306
I'm not him.

The message between the lines on my post simply means that you can freely express your opinion, even if your opinion is a crude one.
>>
>>14593919
Car shows would be a lot more boring without boomers
>>
>>14594027
Women actually get more sexually charged as they get older
>>
File: 9829iuhdsfsdfqwer21.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
9829iuhdsfsdfqwer21.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>14593919

>murder should be illegal, unless its justified
>animals should be allowed to run for congress
>gender is an ideological-construct
>hate-speech is not free-speech
>laws should be illegal, unless they apply to those who meet certain standards
>college should be free
>money should be banned

Cant wait for the nu-government this fall -- its never been tried before - its new.
>>
File: Walter Röhrl.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Walter Röhrl.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>14593919
>Old people should be banned from driving

mfw pic related turns 69 today.
>>
my grandpa is 80 something, can't feel his feet due to diabetes, and still drives like a texas highway patrolman

i don't ride with him and i wouldn't want to be near him in my car
>>
My grandfather is blind in one eye and half-blind out of the other. He has had multiple strokes. He still drives all the time.

He used to be a cop though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.