[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>400hp/tq 6.0L LS2 >6-speed trans >Australian as fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
>400hp/tq 6.0L LS2
>6-speed trans
>Australian as fuck
>Functional back seats and trunk
>"Quiet" styling
>Superb interior quality

It's like having a Corvette, but with better interior, more practicality, and no massive "I'm better than you" flag waving everywhere.

Why shouldn't I do it, /o/?
>>
Except it handles like a turd compared to a corvette.
>>
They're nice, but you can buy a 5.0 S197/5th Gen SS for not much more.

Also don't look "cool" (easily confused with the Grand Am/Grand Prix), crappy diffs shared with the CTS-V, and rare parts that have to get overnighted from Australia.
>>
Since when is having hood scoops, side skirts and a spoiler "quiet"
>>
>>14592370
>>Superb interior quality
It's decent, but superb is a stretch.

They're a bit heavy for what they are, don't handle anything close to a vette, and like to shit LSD's if I remember right.

I'd still buy one though.

>>14592388
>you can buy a 5.0 S197/5th Gen SS for not much more.
You can get those for <$15k?
>>
>>14592384
That's mainly just the shit stock suspension. Pretty easy to fix, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The torque makes it very fun to push out of corners.

>>14592388
The look is one of the main selling points for me. It's almost in sleeper territory, with a quiet enough exhaust.
>>
pontiac bumpers look so shitty damn
>>
>>14592370
>auto
>>
>>14592888
This, get one from Australia
>>
>>14592370
They're still wildly overpriced. You're spending ~15k for essentially an engine. The car has aged like shit and as mentioned earlier, it handles like garbage.

If i could find one for under 15 with less than 50k and a manual transmission I'kk reconsider, but until then no way.
>>
>functional backseats
maybe if you're a midget
>>
are the hood scoops functional?
>>
>>14593238
yeah m80 they let ppl know you have a 6.0 gto oposed to a 5.7
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqmQm06zuOA

pontiacs till i die son
>>
>>14593238
No. We didn't want them either.

They popped them on the Monaro (and whatever the Pontiac version is called) for the American market. Apparently it didn't look sporty enough.

Though to be fair the early 2000's were all about the rice.
>>
>>14593863
Dem flames tho
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.