[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is going on at Mercedes? Who thought this design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
What the fuck is going on at Mercedes? Who thought this design was a good idea for cars released less than 2 years ago?

>that xbox hueg frame
>that piece of shit placement in the middle of nowhere
>placing it on top of the dash, making it feel like a TomTom aftermarket purchase instead of a built in unit

Fire that fucking guy.
>>
>Hello please steal me

Why have flip up screens fallen out of fashion these days?

More and more screens that come stock from factory are looking like someone has glued a tablet to the top of the dash.
>>
File: yzr79onppz7ccy2tepeb.jpg (81 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
yzr79onppz7ccy2tepeb.jpg
81 KB, 800x601
>>14586903
I guess because you never not need the screen these days whereas in the past it was used on demand for navigation only. Today it's too central to the car to ever not be visible so why hide it.

That's still no excuse for making it look like shit like in all current Mercs. Fucking cretins. It should be integrated into the dash.
>>
>>14586929
Usually integrated into the dash leads to a fuckhuge wall of plastic and the need to make the seats higher. I'd rather take a tablet ontop of the dash if it means more visibility
>>
Mercedes has become a pleb tier maker pricing its cars like a premium tier maker.

So basically A-B-CLA-GLA are shit tier, then you have C Class which is sorta nice but the interior is something made for autistic rich Chinese people.

Let's step up to the E Class with the giant tablet pasted on the dashboard without a logic, and let's take a look at who the dashboard looks on a pleb trim of that car.

>pic related

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?? A GIANT TASTELESS BLACK PLASTIC FRAME??

Shame on you Mercedes, you used to made exquisit cars.

Sill dreaming the CLK and CLK Cabrio...
>>
File: file.png (292 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
file.png
292 KB, 500x368
>>14586974
>muh black plastic
>>
>>14586752
It improves forward visibility slightly and there's a lot less visual distraction when you glance over for navigating.

Ideally, navigation would be done on a heads-up-display with eye-tracking so upcoming turns and waypoints are overlaid on top of the road and scenery... but they work with the technology they have.
>>
get your shit together krauts.
>>
>>14587128
Is that thing seriously angled at the passenger and built into the glove compartment?

Ford is finding all new ways to fuck up it seems.
>>
>>14587128
Das sexy but too many buttons on the steering wheel
>>
>>14587128
That HVAC placement is completely fucking retarded, holy shit Ford
>>
>>14587128
what is this high school engineering class?

how many I supposed to hoon when all of the controls are on the steering wheel?

what's going on with the vent placement?

why is my implying passenger relaying GPS directions to me?

holy christ that gauge cluster is ugly.

why do I have to reach across the car to change the hvac settings?

i don't know what those 3 buttons on the left do but it looks like they lifted them from a 97 jeep cherokee.
>>
>>14587128
>flash
>wash
>talk

This is some next gen retarded shit
>>
>>14587296
That's fucking ridiculous

What's next, indicator buttons?
>>
How it should be done. But I expect elon musk to have some idea of what a good looking digital display should look like so I'm not too surprised.
>>
>>14586752
They should have made it a dealer-installed accessory, but instead decided to make it standard.
>>
>german interiors
>>
>>14592173

I fucked up big time quoting anon, see this >>14592841
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 470x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 470x352
>>14587128
>>
>cla
retard alert
>>
>>14589043
yeah nothing like an ipad to take your eyes off the road
>>
>>14586752
that's stock?
>>
>>14586752
still better than bmw
>>
>>14593298
/r/ing that photo of the tesla shitposting at 80mph
>>
>>14587128
>>14587128
>>14587128
ELECTRONIC

HANDBRAKE
>>
>>14586752
>>14586903

huh...

I thought it actually IS one of these screens that come out like a drawer and flip up when you press them on the dash.

they are actually permanently mounted that way?
fucking disgusting.
>>
>>14593398
That photo clearly shows the dash saying "car off"
>>
>>14593298
Have you ever been in one? They're not distracting at all. They auto dim at night and everything. The background goes black too so there's even less total light output.

They are very nice cars and I can't think of a single thing to criticize about the interior.
>>
>buying a merc that isn't an s-class

Mercedes only makes 3 cars as far as I'm concerned.

S-Class
SLS / AMG GT
G-Wagen

All others are pleb-mobiles.
>>
>>14593324
Yes
>>
>>14593424
Yeah they are and they even put them in C class.
>>
>>14593650
"all-new" E-Class is getting that interior, senpai
>>
>>14593650
CLS is bretty cool. as is the E63 coupe AMG
>>
>>14593650
>>14593908
>Spending shit tons of money on a "luxury car" with a giant ipad as a dashboard

A fuckin rectangle screwed in that position with absolute lacking of integration.

S Class is something for rich chinese people, tasteless.
>>
File: Q7Cockpit_new[1].jpg (120 KB, 1024x626) Image search: [Google]
Q7Cockpit_new[1].jpg
120 KB, 1024x626
>>14593929
This is a nice and well integrated virtual dashboard.

The only problem is: Audi.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.