[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uh oh .>go to car dealership .>ask to drive FRS .>salesman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (991 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
991 KB, 1536x2048
Uh oh
.>go to car dealership
.>ask to drive FRS
.>salesman says fuck it, here are the keys, let ,e copy your ID be back in ten mins.
.>haul some ass, just 40 in a 35 type stuff, go to a parking lot, haul ass, break, repeat, not hard, just feeling everything out.
.>get back, car is fine
.> salesman comes out freaking out, saying someone called the owner of the dealership to report me doing donuts. Shit like that.
.>I deny. I really didn't do much desu, it's a FRS.
.>I bail when they ask for my full coverage
.>get phone call from salesman saying he was written up, he feels disrespected. His job is on the line and he wants me to come in and apologize to his manager.

What do
>>
>>14576463

Kill yourself, obviously.
>>
Ignore it If they have no proof. Also you goofed on the greentext. No periods.
>>
go back and pay over MSRP, it's the only way
>>
>>14576480
They have zero proof that I was even in the car during that time.
The salesman had the gall to say he felt offended. His job is on the line etc. my IPad won't let me green text. I filled out part 0f the paperwork for buying the car but didn't give social. Fucking weird man, the car is totally fine.
>>
It's an act to bait in the typical frs fanboy, an awkward spineless beta who can't stand up for himself so he just bends over spreads his ass and says "I'll buy the car pls stop yelling at me"
>>
>>14576482
Lol
>>
Don't bother doing shit, the salesman fucked up not you
>>
>>14576463
Fuck them, dude. You are fine.
>>
>>14576500
Salesman like gave me his full phone number and shit I think he just fucked up mondo.
>>
>>14576493
>I filled out part of the paperwork for buying the car
>dealerships asking for this for a test drive

The fuck? I drove 3 different cars no questions asked the one time I went to a dealership
>>
Tell him to stop being such a cuck. He's trying to manipulate you so you'll buy it, and overpay. He's tryna fuck you in the ass. Fuck used car salesmen. If he was worried about you doing stupid shit, he wouldn't have let you drive off by yourself.
>>
>>14576514
Well I filled out partial information but didn't complete the credit app, I was just being nice because he was freaking out, but once he started to ask for insurance and was freaking th3 fuck out, I just bailed
>>
>>14576493

Just go in and say "yeah I was driving very liberally - I'm interested in purchasing an FRS and that's how I normally drive so I just wanted to get a good feeling for the car."

Don't make him lose his fuckin job. It's not like they can charge you for anything.
>>
>>14576523
Holy shit, what if it's a fucking tactic
>>
>>14576526
They are making me uncomfortable and asking for insurance details and all sorts of shit that was their job to get originally and I just don't feel like giving any more identifying information about myself
>>
>>14576526
OP is a retard for driving a car like that that isn't his but it's the salesman's fault for allowing a car out without anyone in it. He deserves to be fired for letting it happen.
>>
>>14576539
A couple 0-40mphs in an open parking lot is hardly hooning
>>
>>14576538

If they're pressuring you and you feel like they want to make you pay for something, just tell them I refuse to pay for anything..

Or just block the # eventually you'll forget about it
>>
File: chumminess_2525183b[1].jpg (47 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
chumminess_2525183b[1].jpg
47 KB, 620x387
>fucking salesman calls me up to tell me he feels disrespected
>>
>>14576550
The thing is that there is no way I caused any damage. It was the equivalent of a couple of hard turns in the car didn't go sideways at all. I'm just going to block the number because fuck them
>>
>>14576463
You don't have to go in, but maybe you should at least call and explain yourself. Tell them what you did, but you didn't do any donuts. You wanted to see how the car accelerated and braked and get a feel for the transmission, given that you're interested in it for autocross and was testing a fiesta, a focus and a gti at the same time but you by no means abused the vehicle.

Best case scenario
You do the right thing and call up and explain but don't go further than that

Worst case
Ignore it, nothing happens

Both have the same resolution, one makes you look like a better person
>>
>>14576463
Reminds me of this gem.

https://youtu.be/b5taKWao_bA
>>
>>14576554
Bonus points is how shitty the FRS is and how it can't do donuts
>>
>>14576545
Where did I say that? I said driving a car hard you don't own is retarded, which it is.
>>
>>14576562
0P hear, I laughed hard
>>
>>14576582
How else was I supposed to figure out if it was fast?
>>
>>14576630
>driving in a parking lot to see if a car is fast
>>
Fucking don't do anything OP. Block his number / the dealership's number and ignore it. You don't benefit at all from talking to them and it could cause legal trouble for you.

Just ignore dem.
>>
>>14576669
This.

Ignore them. Never go back again. The only way you should talk to them is if they send you legal papers in the mail. Even then, you shouldn't talk to them and lawyer up since you didn't do anything.
>>
>>14576735
It sounds like he's going to lose his job though I didn't damage the car or do anything. The guy just handed me keys and said have fun don't crash it
>>
>>14576754

IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM OR FAULT. STOP MAKING IT SEEM THAT WAY.

IGNORE
G
N
O
R
E

THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU BACK IN THE DEALERSHIP. THEY'LL SELL THEIR MOTHER TO GET YOU
>>
>>14576463
that is a good price for coconut oil
>>
Don't worry. You're still a minor.
>>
>>14576463
How the fuck did you fuck up that hard on greentexting? Did you start browsing 4chan 5 minutes ago?
>>
>>14576538

Don't give them your insurance information, why would they need it if nothing was damaged? If you feel bad, call the manager and apologize but don't give them any more info.
>>
>>14576804
Right?

Also, I've only ever had a dealer get in the car with me once. Took it as a big red flag and fucked off.
>>
My first visit to a dealership: the thread
>>
>>14576463
You're on an anonymous board, why lie? If someone reported you doing donuts, you were probably doing donuts.
Regardless, fuck them, think about all of the dodgy lemons that cunt has sold to single mums at overinflated interest rates instead of coming here for the self justification which you so desperately seek.
>>
File: 1456528970405.jpg (95 KB, 700x540) Image search: [Google]
1456528970405.jpg
95 KB, 700x540
Car salesman here....

Always go with the customer on a test drive... any salesman that doesn't is weak and lazy and should be in another business.

He's probably full of shit anyway.... "apologize to his manager" what a douche. Fcuk him and his manager. You don't need to give them ANY of your information, and you don't owe you an apology... if nothing else, they owe YOU an apology for neglecting to ride along and putting you in this situation... which is no situation really... sounds like these guys are fcking with you.
>>
>>14576859
Be a good dealer and fetch me some keys and a paper plate then fuckoff until I come find you.
>>
>>14576859
I called and the manager said he had no fucking clue what I was talking about and that it's standard procedure for the sales person to go along with the driver and he doesn't understand why the sales person would put me in that situation. I don't know what that shit was but it was weird as fuck. I legitimately did not do A doughnut. I drove the parking lot like it was a mini race track but the car didn't slide or anything like that and it was raining out
>>
>>14576873
you dumb nigger
>>
>>14576463
>>get phone call from salesman saying he was written up, he feels disrespected. His job is on the line and he wants me to come in and apologize to his manager.
proper response: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH seriously though, if you call me again I am going to consider this harassment. Go fuck your own face.
>>
>>14576873
of course FRS owners would be this stupid
>>
>>14576886
I should've told him to fuck off. What a weird, weird situation. I think that he might actually get fired. I don't know
>>
>>14576893
What exactly did I do that was stupid? I was only in the car for eight minutes by myself. The salesman also gave me his phone number
>>
>>14576873

typical crazy douchebag salesperson.... 90% of us are on drugs and half of us have been to prison.... all of us are unstable. Sorry your first experience was with one that cant hide his personality flaws
>>
>>14576873
>faggot actually called the manager
What are you a fucking 10 year old?
Jesus fucking christ i've seen some beta ass shit on this board but you take the bitch cake.

The CORRECT response after he came out 'freaking out' about the donuts was to tell him to stop acting like a bitch and then if you actually liked the car go through the purchase process or if you didn't, you walk off and don't talk to them again.

I mean for fuck sake, i've done burnouts when test driving cars in the past to make damn sure their LSDs were working correctly, i'm not about to goddamn apologize for that shit
>>
>>14576900
>What exactly did I do that was stupid?
>I drove the parking lot like it was a mini race track
>I did this in a car I did not have permission to abuse
>I did this in a car that wasn't mine
>>
I work at a dealership, and we've had the cops called/dealership called when someone notices one of "our" cars being driven recklessly. So it's not a total bullshit thing. The guy is probably freaking out because it's their policy to have salesman go out with customer.
>>
OP, I think they are trying to sucker you.

They want to get you back in the dealership so they can try and pressure you into buying the vehicle or owing them money for phantom things they will say are wrong with the car.

Most car places kiss your ass so much that unless you seriously fucked up (like doing a burnout in their parking lot), they aren't going to call you out on shit like this, much less try and make you come in and apologize.

I'm 100% sure that this will be a scam and you should avoid them at all costs.

The stuff that should be ringing alarm bells:

1. Who calls a dealership when they see someone doing donuts in a parking lot?

2. What dealership would seriously ask you to apologize for anything short of serious damage to their vehicle?
>>
>>14576921
>I did this in a car I did not have permission to abuse
Except he 100% did, dumb ass.

>hurr lets sell this sports car
>just remember not take it above 3000 tho
>>
>>14576917
Well, the thing is that it is my first experience. My first experience was in a C 63 AMG it where the salesman and I hit like 140 mph on the test drive and fucking wet whil well, the thing is that it is my first experience. My first experience was in a C 63 AMG it where the salesman and I hit like 140 mph on the test drive and fucking went wild. I have met this guy had a get together before and so I wanted to check out a lower-cost car like maybe if I wanted to boost the FRS. I'm buying two cars, one for myself and one for my girlfriend. I make $10,000 a month I've just never had to deal with anything like this. The salesman also knew how much I made off of the paystub that I provided
>>
>>14576941
Well he literally told me not to crash it and to go wild. Then in the voicemail he left me he told me how he said not to speed in the Dryvit safely and all this other shit
>>
>>14576941
Per the manual you are not supposed to hammer on the car for the first 1000 miles. So believe it or not fuckstick, most dealers aren't okay with you revving the motor out or pushing the cornering limits in a car they own.
>>
File: YamchaStrongestHuman.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
YamchaStrongestHuman.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>14576463
>Calls me saying he feels disrespected
Now you know I how feel about the FRS <click>
>>
>>14576946
Sorry Safari on my phone is being fucking weird I meant that it went well when I drove the C 63
>>
>>14576859

Is this a thing? I've test driven a fair number of vehicles and didn't get a ride-along.

I would feel less comfortable having the dealer in the car because I feel like they would be pressuring me the entire time and they would distract me with conversation when I'm trying to pour over every detail of the car.
>>
>>14576975
Just tell the guy you can't hear what the car is saying over his babbling.
>>
>>14576940
Thanks man, I'm pretty sure he's just trying to cover his ass and do some crazy shit because he didn't copy my insurance information. I actually stopped to ask people if they were OK with me driving around the parking lot.
>>
>>14576946
may I ask what you do for a living?
>>
>>14576966
Well then tough shit, cunt. Every single car on the lot will have been thrashed to hell and back by every person test driving them, because they are -TEST DRIVING- the car, and this applies to shitty camrys let alone actual sports cars.

If you're too much of a fucking bitch to actually see how the car drives before you buy it, good for you.
>>
>>14576993
I do real estate and I'm an independent business analyst
>>
>>14576917

Please tell me youre in Florida so I can sell you an FRS
>>
>>14576975
Should I be concerned that the psycho was going to try and contact my work
>>
>>14577014
I'm in Washington state. If you had a good enough deal I would fucking fly down there and drive one back. Find me one that I can buy and then get set up to get boosted down there and I'll fucking drive it back to Washington with all that horsepower
>>
>>14577021
It was weird I explained that I hadnt filed my taxes on my income yet but that I make at least $7500 after-tax every month. They completely blew me off at the Ford dealership for a 2015 GT because the guy didn't feel like I was gonna buy that day
>>
>>14577041
Weird as shit. I explained that I have a bank account balances and proof of my equity and all this other shit and the salesman just blew me the fuck off
>>
>>14576999
>business analyst
I had no idea this was a thing, it looks pretty cool. So basically you walk into a business like how Gordon Ramsey walks into a restaurant, tell them the food sucks and the managers need to unfuck themselves, then present a plan to do it?
>>
>>14576975

If you build some report before the test drive, its not uncomfortable, rule (as a salesman) is to stay quiet...unless something needs to be explained or a question answered.

You don't want the driver to hear a sound or notice something broken on the dash and then decide during the drive that the car isn't for them.. If I'm there I can offer to check out the sound and resolve the problem, or offer to fix a button, a scratch, etc.... bypass any objections with ease and keep the customer focused on a purchase and not distracted or turned off by minor things that I can make right.
>>
>>14577067
Basically, yes. Basically, yes. Most of them fucking fail though. The problem is that I get the income up while I'm there and I drastically increase profits but because I also act as the face of the business and marketing l, when I leave people are generally too lazy to keep up my level customer service
>>
>>14577071
What if I get an erection during the test drive, would you make that right so I wouldn't be distracted by it?
>>
>>14577071
Should I just walk in with a couple grand in cash as a deposit to make these motherfuckers kno me I'm serious next time?
>>
>>14577085
I'm not retarded, I'm using speech to text by the way.
>>
>>14577034

I don't have an FRS right now... actually haven't had one on the lot in a couple of years... if youre willing to travel, Id say check out Reno, Sacramento, maybe Portland...
>>
>>14576859
I've test driven two cars and the guy didn't ride along. Granted they were jeep Cherokees so there isn't a lot of hooning I can do
>>
>>14577093
I wasn't even really looking at an FRS, I was more looking at cars from the 10,000 to 50,000 price range. Just seeing what I could afford and what was out there to find out what I wanted.
>>
>>14577077
Wow if I could do what you are doing but with IT it would be the perfect job. How do you get into it?

I'm not surprised people fail. I'm an engineer/technician and out of the 10 or so supervisors I have had, only one was really able to adapt to situations and receive employee input. He took some of my suggestions allowed me to implement them and once they were having the desired effect, allowed me to train new headcount to keep them going. It was REALLY rewarding.
>>
File: 2150_1_m.jpg (10 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2150_1_m.jpg
10 KB, 400x300
>>14577099
>Granted they were jeep Cherokees so there isn't a lot of hooning I can do
>>
>>14577085

NO...don't give them a deposit! Ever.

Don't say whether or not you're buying today or this week. Actually... from my experience, the guy that says, "I'm here to buy a car". Is usually the WORST customer and never ends up buying a car. I like the guy who's "just looking". That's the guy.

If you want them to take you seriously... you tell them, "I've been approved at my bank, and I have a downpayment... I'm here to look at some cars."

Or...

"Can you get me the salesman that knows the most about this FRS".

or

Call and ask for the manager... ask the manager to recommend a salesman that would be the most helpful with someone purchasing for the first time.

Make an appointment with a salesperson over the phone.

If you want great service, tell the salesman or the manager, "I'm going to buy a car when I find a great deal on a car that I really like, I'm preapproved for a loan, Hopefully I can wrap it up today because I'd really like to get this over with, I'd like to take a look at your FRS."
>>
>>14577127

I'm just using the FRS as an example
>>
>>14577185
I appreciate that, I'm going to go get pre approved once I pay all my debt off and boost my credit to prime lending status. Then I'll have 10k/m in income and a 700+ score
>>
>>14577204

You don't necessarily have pay all your debt off to receive prime rates.... what's your score now, and is your income provable??
>>
>>14576859
>>14576975
>>14577099

The fuck? Man, I've never heard of a dealer letting somebody take a test drive on their own. WTF kind of place lets somebody just drive off with a car they don't own yet?
>>
>>14577712
Salesperson did this to my mom and it worked. She found a convertible she liked, salesman said to test dive it and swing by our house to think about it. I think seeing it on the driveway as if it was hers is what sold her on it.

The car is insured, they have a copy of your ID. If you fuck up they have it covered.
>>
Call his manager and chew him out for disturbing you over this unprofessionally.
>>
First time I ever put a deposit down was on a Friday. Hit around 3PM and I decided I wasn't gonna' buy the car. They told me the accountant with the safe key left work already and wouldn't be back until Monday.

They told me to be fair they'd let me hold the car for the weekend.

I drove the car home and the starter died. Called tow truck, told them I was suing if I didn't get my deposit back then and there.

I got it back.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.