[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any more stupid and obsolete of a law than the law that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8
File: fullservice.jpg (28 KB, 300x382) Image search: [Google]
fullservice.jpg
28 KB, 300x382
Is there any more stupid and obsolete of a law than the law that Oregon and New Jersey have on full serve gas? And no, it's not a convenience, especially when stations are busy.

>self serve
>get out of car
>begin pumping gas
>gas pump stops
>place pump back
>leave

>Full serve in NJ
>attendant takes 30sec-2min to waddle over
>slowly begins pumping gas
>walks away
>gas stops pumping
>wait 2-3 minutes for the attendant to walk back over
>slowly puts gas cap back on and presses button for receipt
>HE GETS PAID TO MAKE THE PROCESS OF FILLING LESS EFFICIENT
when will this meme die?
>>
It's all about creating minimum wage jobs for teens and other vermin.
>>
>>14566745
NJ is the land of corruption? The still havent removed that stupid toll road after half a century promised
>>
NJfag here, the other day a "fuel distributor" was arguing with some woman about how her car uses diesel, not regular. That's all I have to say on the matter
>>
>>14566745
Japan has this, it's fast. Stop being a fat American.
>>
>>14566747
#FeelTheBern
>>
>>14566745
>fuel cap release is in boot because cable snapped and i just tee'd it off in the boot, sold the fuel flap thingy from the cabin for $15.
Its a race car, weight reduction bro (a new cable was $80, fuck that ill just deal with the incredibly minor inconvenience)

>other car has key-lock fuel filler caps

Id love to get a good full service station, in fiction they seem so comfy, in real life theyre staffed by smelly indians, dodgy fuckers who dont care and teens who are too busy on instagram to care.
>>
NOGERO
>>
>>14566763
Sayeth the nonjap europoor
>>
File: 1454572198203.jpg (56 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
1454572198203.jpg
56 KB, 800x495
>>14566854
I'm an American who lived in Japan for a few years.
>>
Fellow technician at work tells me story of a guy who lived in Oregon with a diesel truck. Fuck stick attendant put gas in it. He refused to start it, for fear of grenading the fuel system. Had to have it towed to shop across street and fuel drained.

>gas station refused to reimburse him for the repairs.
>>
>>14566745
what would happen if you just started filling up your car by yourself?
>>
>>14566745
>Driving through NJ on turnpike, New England resident
>Done I-95 road trips before, so familiar with NJs full serve policy
>Gas door on passenger side, so park on left side of the island
>wait
>wait longer
>gas monkey comes up and tells me I have "parked on the wrong side"
>wut, its all one way through cause the on ramp is right after this
>well, whatever bro
>park on other side, now gasdoor facing away from the pump
>gas monkey comes back a couple of minutes later again
>trying to get the hose over the trunk and down into the gas fill
>laughing_anime_girls.webm
>asks me to repark closer
>not this time, buddy, you make it work
>line is taut, he eventually gets it in the gasfill with the handle upside down
>asks for a tip when finished
I don't think so
>>
I live in Jersey and if I see the gas attendant fueling another car or if its busy in general I usually just do it myself. They appreciate it
>>
>>14566763
>faster than doing it yourself
555 come on now
>>
File: neverevereverereferer.jpg (47 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
neverevereverereferer.jpg
47 KB, 433x419
>live in new jersey
>have to swim through superfund site to get to school
>have to pay toll to enter your own bathroom
>every other town is next to a garbage dump or refinery
>the cities of newark, irvington, camden, and the oranges
>entirety of the jersey shore is a refuge for all quebecois and pennsylfailians
>have to pay a toll to cross every other road
>retarded state highway network
>gas is 50 cents cheaper than other states but you need a retard to pump it
>governor has own gravity field from how fat he is

>THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY
>>
>>14566914
In Japan it was. Americans are just slow
>>
>>14566745
When its cold I like having them pump my gas, NJ is based as fuck
>>
>>14566750
What are we talking about, the Garden State? Too easy money.

>>14566763
They're not fast in Jersey. I'm much faster if I was allowed to full serve in Jersey.

>>14566829
They used to have a good full serve station near me in New York, one guy manning two pumps. Very friendly, cleaned your windows, always quick. New Jersey gas stations are NEVER like that.

>>14566878
This is what small claims court was invented for (or if in excess of $3K, a good old fashioned lawsuit).

>>14566889
OP here, I did it once when no attendant came for five minutes. They caught me as I was finished pumping. They said "you can't do that", my reply was "Too late". Drove off.

>>14566890
They're real fucking lazy about curb distance in jersey. And even when the NJ Turnpikes stations "LONG HOSES - USE BOTH SIDES" (to say that you can use a pump that is opposite the side of your fuel flap), the attendants are such lazy cunts that they usually refuse.

>>14566903
I've been scolded for doing this before.
>>
>>14566922
>busy station
>somehow faster than opening your door and pumping yourself
>>
>>14566924
New Jersey doesn't get that cold for it to be a serious factor. You can get in and out of your car while gas is pumping, you just have to make sure to touch a metal surface far from the fuel flap as you go back to close the fuel tank once it's done filling.
>>
>>14566929
>station is busy
>all pumps are full
>I can still do it faster without a pump
Autism
>>
>>14566925
Guess you're in a different part of the state. Most in ocean county don't mind. I had one guy get mad at me but he was in his 40s-50's, fat, and sounded pretty dumb.
>>
>>14566938
>busy = full
>>
>>14566938
>busy means completely full
>every full service station has an attendant for every pump
>>
>>14566996
>living in a poor neighborhood
Stop being a fat poor American and it won't be a problem.
>>
>>14566775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTt1jm_5t9s
>>
>>14567002
I may be a fat poor Amerilard but at least I can pump my own fucking gas.
>>
Does some one have the gif of an old lady hosing her car down with gasoline because she thought it was water.

If you do, post it please because that's my answer to this thread.
>>
>>14566934
Newark gets fucking cold sometimes. Also snowy as fuck
>>
>>14567039
is there anything redeemable about NJ besides being close to NYC but cheaper?
>>
>>14567059
It isn't any state in the southeast.
>>
What happens if you try to pump your own gas?
>>
It's a bittersweet thing, coming from nj

In the winter and when it's raining, it's lovely since I can stay warm in my car. Or if not, I have a couple minutes to choose what I want to listen to. And of course it provides jobs.

On the other hand, it can be a major inconvenience when the attendant is slow. Where I live, they're all pretty fast and I've only had them be slow once or twice though. This is why I always fill up the day before I go somewhere so it doesn't inconvenience me. I like 'em.
>>
>>14567013
Kek yeah you have the right to own guns but let you put gaz in pour car is too dangerous
>U S of A
>>
>>14567013
Why should I regret the van?
>>
After growing up in cali and moving to oregon, I'm a fan of gas station attendants. Gas is still cheaper here, and it's nice to have a bit of a chat with someone, especially on a roadtrip. If you're really freaking out about an extra 2 or 3 minutes added to your drive, you should have planned better

>>14567116
Is not a danger thing, it's a job thing.
>>
>>14567086
They tell you to stop. If a cop comes its usually a fine
>>
>>14566921
>gas is 50 cents cheaper than other states
Not in North Jersey it's not. Southern states are much cheaper.
>>
>>14567086
http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2015/05/ever_wonder_what_happens_if_youre_caught_pumping_your_own_gas_in_nj_so_did_we.html
>In the last two years, the answer is zip. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.
>The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development, which has the job of enforcing all aspects of the state full service gas law, hasn't issued a ticket in the last two years to an over-anxious driver who pumped their own gas.
>>
>>14567151
Cali is more expensive because of the special fuel blend they require, plus taxes. Gas would be even cheaper with the attendants.

>>14567116
Before pumps automatically stopped when the tank was full, it actually was if people weren't careful and gas started spilling everywhere.
>>
>>14567013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgMSr1K1xWk
make a webm/gif on gfycat.com if you want - dead simple
or download the video from youtube and use the application Webm for retards
>>
>>14567086

>be nyfag
>driving through nj
>drive up to pump late at night
>forget about full service
>get the gas pumping myself in under 10 seconds
>30 seconds later poo in loo waddles over
>looks at me
>looks at my plate
>shrugs and walks off

I guess this happens from time to time.
>>
>>14566925
>I did it once when no attendant came for five minutes. They caught me as I was finished pumping. They said "you can't do that", my reply was "Too late". Drove off
Kek
>>
>Americans can be trusted with guns
>can't be trusted to pump gas
Kek
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456524228046.jpg (33 KB, 602x602) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456524228046.jpg
33 KB, 602x602
>Live in PA
>Driving to friends house in NJ
>Stop for gas, forget about their stupid law
>Guy comes over "I can do that"
>"I got it man, I'm already out of my car"
>"Fair enough. One time a guy called me a commie because I had to pump his gas"
>We laugh and tell each other to have a nice day
>Fast forward a weekend, coming home
>Stop at same station, like 11pm
>Get out and grab pump
>Girl comes out and says she has to do it
>"No thanks, I got it"
>"I have to sir, it's the law"
>"I don't care, it's like 11pm and I just wanna go home"
>"SIR I NEED TO DO IT"
>mfw
>"I'm just gonna wait until I hit PA to fill up"
>drive off
>>
>>14567354
she wanted you to fill her up if you know what I mean ;)
>>
>>14567371
That would probably be the first time he didn't have to self serve, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>14567351

>new jersey is all of America

Kill yourself
>>
>>14567351
The rest of the United States makes fun of New Jersey.

>>14567354
PA gas is easily 30 cents or more expensive a gallon. I'm surprised you didn't wait.
>>
>>14567409
>>14567415
>responding to shitposters
>>
>>14567351
New jersey is widely known to Americans as the armpit or toxic waste dump of the USA.
Full of belligerent retards barely considered sentient.
>>
>>14567415
The quickest way home from Jersey for me puts me through MD so I just hit it their since it's cheaper than PA
>>
>>14566745
It's because that fat fuck Christi doesn't like getting out of his car.
>>
>>14567120
Because my work van was abused by the prior owners.

>>14567230
I'm on a phone right now.
>>
>>14566829
Weeb on
>>
>>14566763
if I pull up in an FD will they know to premix my fuel?
>>
Oregon fag here, the stations in my area are never all that busy because the poor people all use the arco for the meth Olympics. It's nice when on long road trips to get out and pump my own but around town it's no big deal, my car also doesn't have a traditional gas cap so they can't fuck up.
>>
>>14566745
Dont know how it is in NJ, in Oregon it was nice, calm, and quick.

Visited friends there, was getting gas. Single attended in a small town, came over very quickly, worked fast. Removed the gas cap, asked for amount, and grade, came back quickly soon as it finished pumping.

Stupid as "law" but I didnt feel much of a problem with it.

And I never tipped, or was asked.
Guess that the nice thing about small town in Oregon. Only white people
>>
>>14567013
First, I doubt she thought it was water. It was winter, and gasoline melts snow like no other. It would be more retarded to pour water on your car than gas in winter.

Also, just cause its full service, that wont prevent you from pumping your own gas.
>>
>>14568283
you don't tip the gas man. it's not customary.

>>14567924
>arco in oregon
those prices though
>mfw 1.60s
>>
>>14566763
>he learned this from Initial D
>>
>>14566924
NJ is shit. All the cars around here have busted evaporative emissions systems and paint damage because attendants are retards. When I have to go back into NJ to visit family, I make sure I have enough gas to get out of the state before I need to refuel. Fuck New Jersey.
>>
>>14567070
This is actually true.
>>
>>14568302
Every time I go to arco it's an arab yelling "you pay inside!" Fuck it I'll just steal my Mom's Safeway rewards.
>>
>>14567678
Unless the attendant's a cunt, you could probably just hand them the bottle of oil and tell them to put it in with the fuel.
>>
Only I pump gas in my car. Gas cap is behind the license plate, has a lock cap and the tube is at such as angle that the pump doesn't turn off in time and you can overfill the tank.
>>
>>14566745
I live in Richmond, BC where full serve is mandatory because of the high chinese population (they don't know anything about cars, look up richmond learns to park on Facebook, it's top kek). I always tell the attendant that I'll be fine, and I get out to pump my gas. Since my fuel filler is completely horizontal, I know they will spill gas all over my rear fender. I want to be the only one to do anything to my car. I don't even let the scrubs wash my windows.
>>
>>14569609
60s/70s GM?
>>
>>14569647

You got it.

68 oldsmobile cutlass
>>
>>14566921
New Jersey: So shitty even New York makes fun of you.
>>
they are nice when you live its -25
>>
>>14566934
I'm right across newark and right by the passaic, it gets retarded cold

>also KEARNY NJ A BEST
>>
>>14567354
You should have called her a commie
>>
>>14566745
Latin America has this except they use hot girls to pump the gas :)))
>>
>>14566745
Fuck anyone who wants to get rid of full service. Yes, I definitely want to stand out in the cold/heat and get gasoline smell all over my hands and clothes, after waiting ten minutes for the idiot in front of me to fucking figure out how the pump works. Sounds fucking wonderful.
It never takes more than 15 seconds for an attendant to come to my car, by the way. Try a different station.
>>
>>14572914
>can't handle the elements
>can't handle a minute amount of dirt

You are the antithesis of what it means to be a man.
>>
File: bateman-4.jpg (17 KB, 601x338) Image search: [Google]
bateman-4.jpg
17 KB, 601x338
So let me get this straight: there are no (prohibited by law) self-serve gas stations in these two state? Anywhere? As a Canadian I find this extremely odd, considering we're the ones who over-regulate everything.

What the actual fuck.
>>
>>14567202
I live in Warren County and I get gas for about $1.40.
>>
>>14567439
I'm glad we have that reputation. Keeps the retard tourists out of our beautiful forests, farmland and beaches. (Except for Pennsyltuckyans and smelly Staten Islanders.) Otherwise we'd be like Maine.
>>
>>14572899
Mexicunt here, can confirm.

And as we haven't succumbed to the SJW meme in many countries our TV still looks like this, it's not all just Yanet Garcia over in these parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4NzutEalRWA
>>
>>14572922
Let me guess, you live in Commiefornia and have never experienced below freezing temperatures?
Why should I handle the elements when I can get some poor pleb to do it for me for free?
>>
File: trump.jpg (20 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
20 KB, 460x259
>>14572954

Canadian here, you're a pussy. There's nothing manlier than standing in sub-zero temperatures with the wind tearing at your face, while you bravely fill your ride with dead dinosaur juice.

New Jersey is a desolate shithole filled with weakling primadonnas and guido shitstains.

>>14572944

Yeah but your journalists are also kidnapped en masse and executed, and you routinely have piles of bodies or human heads appearing in public places. Not sure that sexy TV outweighs these things, especially with the advent of the internet.
>>
>>14566745
Is this just a law in certain counties are something?

I drove through oregan and pumped my own gas, I was almost disappointed i didn't get the full service experience
>>
>>14572978

It's state-wide, but I think Oregon recently changed their laws so self-service is now permitted.

You can theoretically get fined in NJ for pumping your own gas, because it takes work away from the uneducated, braindead fuckwit working at the gas station.
>>
>>14566763

It must be from all the radiation.
>>
>>14572965
>Yeah but your journalists are also kidnapped en masse and executed, and you routinely have piles of bodies or human heads appearing in public places.

It's called getting rid of undesirables. Then again I don't find it surprising that you can't handle the fact we actually get rid of people useless to society instead of getting on all fours and taking it up the ass like your country is doing now with that SJW-as-fuck president/prime minister you have right now.
>>
>>14574915
>It's called getting rid of undesirables.

Then why is there anyone in Mexico left?
>>
>>14575012
There isn't, we're sending them to the US so they can clean your bathrooms, make your food and do your yard cause God knows you fuckers can't.
>>
>>14572931
I'm also in Warren county. I don't consider the county as part of the North, but the West side. No one gives a shit about this side of the state
>>
>>14566747

Which are taken by indians brought over by the stations owner from buttfuckistan thereby removing a source of income for the young teens it was meant to put to work.

I tell them don't top it off.

They top it off.

FUCK YOU CUNT!
>>
I just don't want some minimum wage monkey touching my car.
>>
>>14567351

New Jersey doesn't trust us with guns or to pump our own gas.

Fuck this state right up the ass.
>>
File: laughincephalopod.gif (299 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
laughincephalopod.gif
299 KB, 500x373
>All the buttblasted Garbage State dwellers trying to justify this shit

FORTY QUADRILLION KEKS
>>
File: R9T0Zaw.gif (142 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
R9T0Zaw.gif
142 KB, 500x402
>>14575874
I'm from NJ and I'm embrarassed, not because we have people filling our gas, but because people are making an issue of it.

Like, this is such a bullshit first-world problem noncomplaint that it rivals "Why do I have to hit 2 for espanol? this is America, learn english" this fucking rainbow-colored tumblr landwales pants-on-head retarded, why are you wasting time discussing this? not even shitposting can save this crap.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.