[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any law saying how quickly someone can accelerate Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 480x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 480x474
Is there any law saying how quickly someone can accelerate
Not speeding but just accelerating fast AF
I want to stress not speeding
>>
Depends what state
It's likely considered exhibition of speed
>>
>>14560036
I think there should be a law on how slow a car can accelerate at max. Too slow is extremely dangerous on the interstate
>>
In Canada I believe it's considered stunt driving which has some pretty hefty dines
>>
File: 9777779875.gif (2 MB, 256x184) Image search: [Google]
9777779875.gif
2 MB, 256x184
>>14560145
>I think there should be a law
>>
>launch control every green light
Yes pls
>>
I remember some anon here getting REALLY QUICKLY up to the legal speed limit and he got pulled over for that even though he wasn't in fact speeding.
don't know anymore how it turned out tho.
>>
I got a ticket for revving my engine parked.
The laws don't make a sense most of the time, so I would suggest for you to tell officer to stick it up his and that you'll see him in court if he ever accuses you of dumb shit.
>>
>>14560036
Yes exhibition of speed and "drag racing" laws (second is pretty open to interpretation of an officer)
>>
>>14560177
He had a speed limiter set to the 30mph ( the limit). One cop said he had to speed to catch him and he said his car was quicker and that he couldn't have been speeding due to the speed limiter. Cop#2 agreed with the driver and I 5hibk that was the end.
>>
unlawful acceleration
>>
>>14560314
>5hibk
Think**
>>
>>14560314
I think it's amazing how, even though contents on imageboards are so short lived, even small information bits like this stick and people actually remember it.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (50 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
50 KB, 600x902
>>14560152
>>
>>14560036

Exposition of speed, reckless driving.

These are charges that rely on an officers discretion. If you break traction and burn out/leave a patch there are plenty of other charges in addition to these.
>>
>>14560377
:)
>>
>>14560145
There is a minimum speed limit on highways, it's simply not posted now a days. Usually 45mph. And you can get pulled over for being too slow.
>>
If you break traction they can make a case for "reckless driving", but they wont show up in court for that anyway should you challenge it. Unless you're doing burnouts you're probably fine.
>>
"display of rapid acceleration"

I got a warning for it heading out to take my lunch break.

"I saw your weight shifted to the back. I'm just giving you a warning on it this time thouogh."

I was in an old chevy 2500 lmfao
>>
Exhibition of speed, even if you only boot it up to the limit.
>>
>>14561297
I've made squels or even light tire spin next to a cop due to op clutch and reached speed limit before them. Nothing ever happened to me.
>>
>>14560377
I remeber that too, the cop said he had to speed up to 50 mph to catch up to the guy with the Rev limitr. Also I think the ticket they give you is unlawful display of horsepower
>>
I have a story relevant

>get pulled over for speeding, tailgaiting van in left lane, and changing lane without signaling
>get cucked with tickets
>trooper tells me to have a good day
>accelerate as fast I can off the shoulder without spinning my tires up to 70 mph
>no second pull over
>>
>>14560420

>Exposition

its exhibition m8
>>
>>14560150
Reckless Driving/Stunt Driving if your tires break traction. Up to the officer, of course. Some lose their shit if you go above 3k rpm and make too much noise, some don't give a fuck if you peel up to 80 and stay there.
>>
>>14563029
I can make the tires squeel in my 90hp shit box
>>
>>14561899
>unlawful display of horsepower
That's sounds British
>>
>>14561318
>I saw your weight shifted to the back
Yes officer, that's how any and all objects act under acceleration due to those lovely things we have called the laws of physics.
>>
File: smug.jpg (17 KB, 603x340) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
17 KB, 603x340
No, the faggots can't give you a ticket for that as long as you don't go past the speed limit. They might pull you over, but that's just because cops are over-sensitive faggots. I accelerate to the max speed as fast as my car can when I'm next to a cop, because I know my rights.
>>
In Michigan they call it "jackrabbit start". I have seen the law but I think if you were to get a ticket you would more likely get a careless driving or squeeling tires.
>>
>>14561937
I hope you lose your license.
>>
>>14560036
Exhibition of speed/speed contest, reckless driving, public nuisance.

There are plenty of blanket catch all laws to prosecute for someone driving like an idiot to be used as the citing officers discretion.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.