[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Purchase Mustang GT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (93 KB, 1516x848) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
93 KB, 1516x848
Thinking of buying a 2015 Mustang GT. Hear me out:

1. Want a daily driver
2. Test drove the Camaro, can't see shit captain
3. Want it to be fast/fun/sporty
4. Can't afford over 30k
5. Sick of four door cars, single, live alone
6. Challenger looks like a stupid boat
7. Considering other options, such as ATS coupe, 335i, WRX, etc.
8. Live close to work, so MPG isn't a huge deal.
>>
>>14549156
ok?
>>
>>14549175

Sorry. I guess my question was, is there any cons to this decision I am not thinking of? I bypassed the 370z due to not backseat. Sometimes I like to lean back really far cause I have a bad back.

I was wondering if anyone had one and was happy with it.
>>
>8. Live close to work, so MPG isn't a huge deal.

F100 w/ 351
>Fun
>Sporty

Truck will fix your single issue.
>>
>>14549156
>Thinking of buying a 2015 Mustang GT
>4. Can't afford over 30k
what

>>14549186
>DUDE WHY BUY X WHEN YOU CAN BUY THIS CAR THAT IS NOTHING LIKE WHAT OP WANTED
kys
>>
Has anyone in here ever driven the new one?
>>
File: 2016-02-28 16.22.36.jpg (3 MB, 2981x1676) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-28 16.22.36.jpg
3 MB, 2981x1676
>>14549305
Yeah, it's pretty sweet.
>>
I say go for it. I'm in a pretty similar situation myself and have even considered the same car. Haven't driven the GT(yet), but I have driven the ecoboost. The two bits I took away from it was that the car feels fairly long and the seats are comfy even if you're hungryman tier.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (227 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
227 KB, 1280x850
>>14549342

I've been looking at the blue or black. I do like the silver/gray, but I like my car to have a intense color. That green looks amazing too, but would probably be hard to find here used.
>>
>>14549156
>daily driver
ok, so long as you can afford it, theres nothing wrong with this. People still drive 11mpg barges today
>test drove the camaro
you think a mustang would have more visibility? fucking do a test drive in a mustang you dingus
>want fast/fun/sporty
make sure to buy manual, and nothing less than an 8 cylinder
>nothing over 30k
wait for a test model or wait a few years for prices to come down
>sick of 4 doors
ok
>challenger looks like a stupid boat
it wont be any less boaty. Infact the challenger is only 10 inches longer, a mustang would be negligible driving difference
>considering other options
theres better, but if thats what you really want than do it
>mpg isn't a huge deal
ok

sounds like you want a mustang and you're trying to justify anything you can to own one. If you want it, great, if you dont, sperg about something else
>>
>>14549305
Only sat in one, but was really tempted to test drive one when looking for my ST.

The 5.0 they had on the floor was pretty comfy t(be)h
>>
>>14549156
WRX or 370Z
>>
>>14549469

I'd consider a WRX, but not the 370z. I have a bad back and need to lean back in my car sometimes to take some pressure off it. I test drove a WRX and loved it. Keep in mind though, I can only drive automatic. I suck at manuals and don't care to ever learn them unless I get two cars.
>>
File: 1440642044810.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1440642044810.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>14549484
>I can only drive automatic
please leave
>>
>8. Live close to work, so MPG isn't a huge deal.

So. Just walk? Its free and kind of pleasant imo. Shit you could run and get there progressively sooner with repetition.
>>
>>14549484
A wrx is massively underwhelming compared to the mustang gt. It's more or less on par with the v6.
>>
File: 234567813425.jpg (60 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
234567813425.jpg
60 KB, 800x450
>>14549156

>challenger looks like a stupid boat

k
>>
File: stancefags.webm (744 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
stancefags.webm
744 KB, 400x400
If you don't know anything about money or investments go for the stang

If you are not stupid and have a little bit of common sense you can buy a something used
>>
>>14549600

I planned to get a used GT. There are a few in my area for 30k.
>>
>>14549305
Yeah. Drove both manual and auto GT. Manual is definitely the better transmission. It has good low end torque and power, as expected. Handling was better than I thought it would be and the ride quality was great for a sports car. The thing I really didn't like about it was that the interior, while better than before, was still subpar to nearly every other $30k car. There was a lot of hard plastic (the kind they put in base model $12k cars) and the features felt like they were just tacked on as an afterthought.
>>
>>14549964

I've always thought Ford had lame interior. Like some kind of goofy quasi-futuristic/modern junk.
>>
>>14549484
You need to learn to drive a manual, and if you're going to refuse at least get a 16 SS since it's slush box is actually good.

Ford autos are not known for being the most reliable.

also if you're not rowing you're own gears why do you even care what you're driving? Do you just like the experience of going fast or the vroom vroom noise or what's the end game here.

Also in the same boat as Op except the visibility on the SS doesn't quite outweigh the fact the s550 chassis is quite a bit more squirrely under power than the ATS/CTS and even though a used GT is currently half the cost of a Camaro SS (no used market) I think it might be prudent to see how hard the depreciation curve hits the Camaro before committing to anything.
>>
>>14549582
This nigga gets it. Green Challengers make me horny
>>
>>14549484
In 02, I bought an 02 GT. I could barely drive manual, I bought a manual. This was the best decision I could have made. Plus if you want to DD it, when there is snow, being able to control your gears is much nicer.
>>
>>14549156

I work for a Ford dealer (not sales) so if you want a Carfax or Window sticker, post the VIN.
>>
>>14549600
>that webm

Kek'd
>>
File: wallhaven-176696.jpg (598 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-176696.jpg
598 KB, 1920x1080
>>14549156
don't listen to /o/, the auto in the 15+ GT's is better than the manual. The mt82 transmission handles less power and is less reliable and is also slower. The auto's paddles are on par with an average driver in shift times, of course with the auto you can tune them to be much quicker. If you want an auto buy a fucking auto, if you are being slightly used or new you have a warranty on it till 75k miles, you'll be fine. '15 Gt owner. However, the only downside that I've had with these cars is the stereo and panel fitment issues that Ford will cover but you have to bitch enough.
>>
>>14554288
Buying*
Ford has done nothing with the base Sync stereos, but the panels they will fix.
>>
Get a v6, supercharge it and there you go have fun. Also get 32 Mpgs
>>
>>14554721
>32Mpgs
>Supercharge
Dude huh?
>>
>>14554876
Get a v6 mustang. Buy a supercharger from pro charger. You will then easily beat a gt and also get 32 miles per gallon. This will be for less than 30 grand
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.