[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm convinced that Chevrolet intentionally made the volt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: iu[1].jpg (69 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
69 KB, 1280x853
I'm convinced that Chevrolet intentionally made the volt a shit electric car so they can say SEE PEOPLE DON'T WANT THEM
>>
File: 1452129492084.jpg (33 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1452129492084.jpg
33 KB, 622x626
The volt is acually a very good car.
people who own them are quite happy with em.
from what i've heard, even Sweden loves them.
>>
Chevrolet should have made an electric 'corvette' to fluff the market before they launched the volt.
>>
>>14546077
The Corvoltte?
>>
>>14546198
2/10
>>
>>14546022
this
it's a solid non-shitty prius alternative.
and the newest one fixes a lot of the minor annoyances of the original, so all power to em'
>>
Who's gonna buy a Bolt when Tesla's gonna make a car that costs the same?
>>
>>14546198
electrovette
>>
>>14548232
Everyone who doesn't want to wait two years for Tesla to have their order finished.
>>
>>14548260
i wouldn't really compare them, serial electric hybrid and pure EV fit different niches. arguably serial electric hybrids are the perfect DD right now
>>
>>14548249
Greater availability of affordable electric cars will just drive the price of the cars down. More readily available, more popular, easier and cheaper to produce, and thus more affordable.
>>
>>14548249
actually cheaper;

bolt: 30k AFTER 7.5k tax incentive
tesla: 35k BEFORE 7.5 tax incentive (meaning 27.5k afterward)

but i fully expect the tesla base model to be way more barren on the inside and "minimalist" (meaning nothing is there), with tons of options to jack the price up.
>>
>>14548260
Wrong quote >>14548249
>>
>>14548286
The Tesla isn't going to come out on time or meet their price goals.

I know people working in Tesla's power train department, they were six months behind six months ago, and falling further behind week to week.

Elon is talking big to keep investors happy, but the 3 is going to be late abs they're going to have to price it higher than anticipated if they want to make money on it.
>>
>>14548346
Of course it's going to be late, the Model X was meant to be launched like half a year ago and they're only starting to ship it. I'm afraid Musk is trying to take too many steps at once these days after being so patient in developing the Model S.
>>
>>14548281
What are you on about m8? The bolt and model 3 are both full electric evs.
>>
>>14548442
thought we were talking about the volt bruv
>>
>>14545706
That must be why they're making the Bolt huh
>>
>>14546198

Corvoltre

Amperette
>>
>>14548346
>but the 3 is going to be late abs they're going to have to price it higher than anticipated if they want to make money on it.

nope. Just like the earlier models, Tesla will be in the red for the many thousands that they build. It won't make money for a while, but when once it does it will print money (or Tesla will be bankrupt).
>>
>>14550245
AFAIK know Tesla makes a profit in every car but pours it all back into facilities
>>
>>14546077
ELR nigga
>>
>>14545706
I thought that was why they made the Chevy SS way too expensive and only with an auto at first.
>>
>>14550245
yea, the 3 is an all-in gamble that's pivoting the gigafactory.

If the gigafactory meets its promise and lowers battery costs, the 3 will be profitable some years later.

If the gigafactory doesn't drive batteries low enough, the 3 will make tesla bankrupt.
>>
>>14545706
The banks didn't like the idea of the ev1 putting it into Americans heads that the ev1 or cars like it could be owned and driven by anyone. Basically threatened to cut off all future loans to go if they didn't put a stop to it.

Til the present day when a company like tesla makes a premium luxo like ev car that only the affluent can buy and have the type of idle time to have it charging at some tesla branded charging station instead of having gas stations replaced by electric charging stations if gm were allowed to ever sell the original ev1. Pretty sure big oil teamed up with the banks too.
>>
>>14550364
The ELR came out after the volt bro and it sold like shit.
They should have built something like the model-s to get people hyped up for the volt
>>
>>14545706
I think the only issue that people are so hesitant on cars that are completely EV is mostly because of the anxiety behind worrying about the short range they have. While many people don't drive 100 miles a day (hypothetically what nissan leaf range is), it still sucks to know that if you did need to drive a long distance, you probably won't be able to use that car unless theres stations that are along the way or you're planning to spend the night.
I thought they did well with the volt, since its partially EV it allows people to not have that EV range anxiety, and still go the range that they wanted. also they are built pretty well. Hopefully more cars like this come out to start phasing EV in more.
>>
>>14545706
you're fucking retarded
>>
>>14550858
>>14550245
Friendly reminder that Tesla just served to reignite the EV market for musk to sell batteries to other car makers and for home use, for the purpose of selling solar panels. Tesla serves to make profit for solar city.
>>
>>14554405
I'm surprised so many people actually fell for the tesla meme. It always reminds me of the simpsons monorail episode.
>>
>>14554428
Musk knew what he was doing. Just a simple look at Tesla's info shows their profit comes from cap and trade, not actual car sales. I guess it's faster to by stocks then research a company.
>>
>>14545706
The Volt's problem: it was engineered to hit a target price-point and sell as a fleet vehicle. It's all compromises and executive-meddling - it's efficiency is not revolutionary, it's interior feels cheap, etc. It's not a bad car, but you know it could have been better.

>>14554486
And GM makes more profit from financial services (car loans) than car sales.
>>
>>14555199
That might be true for the second gen but the first one was probably engineered better
>>
>>14554405
it's a good strategy though, it's basically making a car to sell the idea of gasoline and make stupid good money selling gas to everyone by having the capacity invested to out-produce and undercut everyone else. i'm ok with it
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.