[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times you fucked up on the road
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: oops.png (2 MB, 1270x706) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
2 MB, 1270x706
>be me
>meeting up with friend, using GPS because not sure where it is
>driving FWD shitbox
>these roads are fairly unfamiliar
>have to take this transfer ramp to get on different freeway
>pic related
>going about 70
>enter turn, says 30 so I think
>"oh I can approach this at 50"
>never braked
>enter curve at 70
>shit
>if I brake now I understeer into the wall
>if I don't brake I'll understeer into the wall
>end up riding through the corner
>thought I was in the clear
>at the end there's a sharp right
>nearly shit my pants

Never again. Safe speed or die, literally.
So /o/, tell me about the times you fucked up on the road.
>>
Driving pos 06 hhr home from a 12 hr shift
> tired as fuck
> start to dose off on the highway
> wake up doing 70 in the ditch of a center median
> O SHIT.jpg
Swerve back onto road
Guy next to me's face when
>>
I work as a gate guard at a large millitary base. We get about a million fucking retards a day who make the wrong turn and wind up in the gate. Some bust illegal u turns over double yellow and get ticketed, some panic and start crying when I approach them, some miss the turn around lane that I clearly direct them too and end up driving onto base at which point a patrol car zooms after them at Mach Jesus with lights and sirens blaring. I got a few stories
>>
>>14545416
well don't keep them to yourself buddy!
>>
>>14545358
My story is pretty much the exact same as yours but instead of a 70mph slalom its a 50 mph back road sheer drop curve at night in the rain with a passenger.
Basically I'm a retard.
>>
>I was driving back home from my journey
>18 hours and tired
>POS Korean car with a stick
>dose off on straight an hour away from home
>unconciously slow down to 60 in 5th
>truck behind overtakes and lays on horn
>i never grabbed gears like that ever

I can be reckless but I take it easy on corners because of rock cuts n stuff
>because Kia
>>
>>14545456
Did the same except also changed lanes
>wasn't paying attention
>thought my lane was an thru/exit lane, so not dedicated exit
>signal to signify that I'm taking the exit
>I'm in the completely wrong lane
>almost get in an accident, didn't check mirrors or blind spot because I thought I was in the furthest exit lane
>>
>>14545421
>at gate
>old man blows through without stopping
>run along car pounding on Windows yelling stop. He does
>"what what what is this?! What do you want? You want money?!"
>I need to see your ID
>"no what? I'm just trying to get to (large city a few hours away) Why do u wanna see that I'm not giving you my ID"
>starts driving off again
>slam on passenger side windows with open hand and scream stop
>"what what do you want?! Are u even American?"
>sir give me your fuckin I'D and don't try to drive off again
>"why do you want my ID I didn't no nuffin wrong"
>sir this is a millitary base this is federal property you are not allowed to be here give your fuckin ID so I can kick you the fuck off.
>old fuck starts screaming shit about "I'm here to kill soldiers and hurt their families and loved ones"
>my hand goes to my weapon, Now why would you say something like that sir?
>"what your gonna shoot me? Your gonna kill me? Big tough guy with your gun kill me! Come on kill me shoot me!"
>hand comes off weapon, sir give me your ID
>starts digging through his wallet and crying
>"I'm 83 Years old all my friends are dead, I have cancer in both hips it hurts me to stand and they can't operate. Im ready to die please shoot me"
>take this stupid old faggots ID
>Dutch
>not even fuckin American and he was asking me if I was
>kick him the fuck off and tell him if he tries suicide by cop at my base again he will live the rest of shitty life rotting away in an undisclosed location praying for death.
>>
>>14545500
>22
>me pulling shit like that
>white canadian
where go? I heard Cuba has a nice resort somewhere on american land.
>>
>>14545500
Wow that's actually kinda sad.
>>
>>14545500
>at gate
>required to have a certain amount of people each doing a certain role. I was on long gun that day. Basically standing overwatch at the gate with a long gun keep scanning area etc
>fucking around with buddies since it's super dead, decided to get in a super low stance like goddam almost 3 point stance, weapon in shoulder muzzle at the low ready hidden partially by a concrete wall and just stay like that for a few minutes like some statue
>jailbait blonde HS senior type chick comes driving up visibly lost and confused looking
>sees guards and stops and tries to make a u turn across double yellow. Hasn't seen me yet
>buddies yell "hey stop! Pull all the way up to the guard Shack" since they probably don't want to write a ticket
>starts driving up to gate all scared and confused looking
>sees me chilling in my combat stance
>slams her breaks mid lane almost causing a collision behind her
>crying
>"oh my god! I'm sorry I made a wrong turn! Please don't shoot it was an accident"
>decide to roll with it. Don't even look at her just say as monotone and loud as I can "MA'AM THIS IS FEDERAL PROPERTY, PULL UP TO THE GUARD SHACK"
>she crying still
>pulls up to guard shack. Buddy is all like "hey there, nice weather huh? I need to hold to an ID while you make a u turn there miss"
>makes u turn and drives right past me
>we make eye contact
>abandon my posture and just say "have a great day!" All enthusiastically and gay while waving
>she sits up super straight both hands at 10 and 2 and drives off still a little puffy eyed kek
>>
>>14545358
Dear OP, you are a fag. There are plenty of signs before that ramp and its easy to see where you're going if you know how to look more than 5 feet in front of you while driving. While I have seen cars fly over that wall, that is not the scariest turn in the least.
>>
>>14545511
Coincidentally I've been to gitmo, not the prison itself unfortunately just the base. There's a McDonald's at guantanamo bay
>>
>>14545537
cool beans famster
Like I said, I saw the signs but I never actually slowed down.
>>
>>14545545
did you just forget or something? how do you see the sign and not slow down you fool
>>
>>14545535
>at work again
>standing on lane checking IDs and shit
>minivan comes swerving up and barrels through some of our cones
>gets to me, driver is a cartoon of Chinese people
>"ching chong bing bong ching ching?"
>just stare at him. ID sir?
>"mai niggra muh niggra, me need makes you trurn mai niggra me rook Wong twurn"
>kick him off base
>fix cones
>laugh at being called my nigga by a 70year old FOB chink
>>
>>14545563
Zoned out, it was dark and I had an argument with my girlfriend earlier so my mind was in other places.
>>
File: slowthafuckdown.jpg (48 KB, 582x473) Image search: [Google]
slowthafuckdown.jpg
48 KB, 582x473
>>14545545
How do you see this and not register it that you need to slow down?
>>
>>14545567
I forgive you, anon.
>>
>>14545565
Dude old asian guys are fucking great
they give like no shits and they're loads of fun to drink with.
>>
>>14545358
you're not gonna die.
you'll just wreck into the barrier.

>>14545427
this guy will die.
>>
>>14545358
Hey whats up OP
fellow san diegan here

Anyways one time I hadnt slept for 2 days, and had just partied, dropped off a bro, and had to drive home, like 20 miles. it was around 2 am and i was really tired and may have drinked that night. anyways i started falling asleep a little here and there, but put cold air and loud music, kept me good til i was like 5 miles away from my home, i kinda passed out for like 10 seconds and woke up to see i had changed lanes and was swerving a bit. woke me the fuck up. went home and contemplated life.

really lucky to have not been pulled over, and for not crashing. never again. Dont drive when youre sleepy. good advice cause many truckers (including my dad) work bad hours and drive with only coffee keeping them awake.

i done goofed that night.
>>
>>14545358
If you brake the worst you could do is slide the end out at that speed while turning, if you've got no ABS. Once you're sideways and slow enough for comfort use the towing force of FWD to pull yourself straight.
>>
>>14545358
>Driving the 94 like it's the 15
You should've known, they don't fuck around in SD
>>
>>14545535
kek nice one
>>
>>14545358
>freeway named after a marxist, racist, sex criminal
AMERICA
>>
File: fbe781.png (1 MB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
fbe781.png
1 MB, 1050x1500
>get a new car
>trying to apply manual tricks I learned from my old car.
>double clutch, more like double easy.
>attempt to Heel 'n Toe™®©
>not used to how sensitive the brakes are
>seriously you could fart on the peddle and it'd stop.
>accidentally push too hard while bopping the gas and the car is having a seizure as my right foot is jamming the brakes way too hard.

I basically had to relearn how to H&T, it involves pressing on the shaft of the brake peddle to give less leverage and make it less sensitive.
>>
>>14545857
Yeah I should've, but I never take the 94 unless I'm exiting for the 805.
>>
>>14546852
>peddle
>>
This is actually yesterday,

> be me
> moved to dubai a year ago, doing my license
> best friend bought her first car a 3 months back, lets me drive it even though i don't have a license here yet
> dubai dry af in drugs
> friend calls, go over
> weed, 2 js
> smokethatshit.jpeg
>feelssogood.aif
> go see zoolander 2, laugh ass off (we went there by cab)
> bestfriend is absolutely fucked after we smoked those 2.
> we go back to friends place, she gives me keys telling me to drive us home
> o-ok
> I'm extremely high at this point.
> Driving normally, all well, suddenly I'm going down this little road that leads to the highway where (I assumed being extremely high) I have to look to my right as there are no more lanes, even though there was one to enter the highway
> stop car literally in the middle of the end of the street looking to my right if I can keep going
> Black GMC and shitton of cars behind it start breaking extremely heavily trying not to crash me
> for 2 full seconds I went ' What the hell is their problem ' while in fullstop.

> realize
> Panic
> 100KMH in less than 5 seconds
> 150
> Cars are taunting me at this point and trying to cut me on purpose and turning on the high beams to intimidate me
> friend is freaking out and im remaining calm
> 2015 white kia rio wants to really fuck with me
> Gets in front, stops car, i overtake
> get home trying to enter gate
> Rio is still behind me
> Get infront of gate and stop car and turn on hazards
> he stops and gets out shouting wanting to fuck me up
> open gate after he already left his car and fly through and close it instantly
> park and go up to apartment
> smoke dokha because that's the only time im smoking weed for a long long time in this country.

> see white kia rio going around in neighborhood for a good hour
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (40 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
40 KB, 600x480
> be me
> Australia
> riding with friends on my probation license (can only carry one passenger but i had 4)
> wet weather
> driving a VW Golf
> yellow light
> i need to take a left at said traffic light
> there is no possible way i can make it so i prepare to stop
> my mate tells me to not be a little bitch and take the turn
> speed up from 70 to 90
> steer all the way to the left
> pull of hektik skids
> literally driving on a 90 degree angle at this point
> the momentum was strong enough that my mates started feeling like they were getting lifted
> keep sliding at 90 degree angle
> about to hit the curb
> car was already on two wheels at this point
> if i hit the curb the car will flip
> mfw trusty golf grips the road last second
> mfw skid marks are still visible to this day
> mfw all my mates think im a crazy cunt
> mfw every time i see a yellow light
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.